+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Re: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If he won that game against Fulham and eventually kept us up, he would be given freedom of the city.

Funny how quickly people turn
    But we didn't win it, and we didn't stay up. And he chucked on Rhys Healey. I thought he deserved another go, and still deserves time to turn this around but the jury is out on all of his signings since the start of 2018. That isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If he won that game against Fulham and eventually kept us up, he would be given freedom of the city.

Funny how quickly people turn
    If he'd finished in the top 6 and got Beyonce to suck me off he'd have been given freedom of the city. But on both counts he did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So if you win on Friday night you will move into a play off position. Oh and it’s still August. Not much loyalty to Warnock on here right now.
    Football has such a warped view of loyalty. I like Warnock but he deserves all this criticism, I'd give him until the end of the season but watching Cardiff City has become a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    To answer your question with another one: if we get rid of Warnock now and bring in say an Ajax youth coach or manager from La Liga then what on earth are they going to do with the defenders you've listed? We'd be trying out a new style mid-season and likely with players not up to it. I am not fan of spending £6million on Flint when it seems such an expensive and short-term move, but I think it would be doubling down on a mistake to ask Warnock to leave without a fully thought out plan of what happens next, potentially giving what is clearly a hardcore Warnock defence to a more "progressive" manager for the rest of the season.
    I put a smiley at the end of my comment about giving Neil Warnock a month less than up to the Hull game because I thought it would show that I was joking. Six games is not long enough to come to a decision on how a team will do over the course of a season, but I find it a concern that, in my opinion, we have not shown much, if anything, to suggest that we will be a top six team - the most encouraging aspect so far has been our ability to score late winners when not playing that well, but I'm pretty sure we'll need more than that if we are to challenge at the top of the table.

Actually, I tend to agree with the OP in that if things aren't looking more promising a month from now, then our manager should be under pressure, because, as others have remarked, there is a danger that this season could turn into Neil Warnock's farewell tour - if we're playing as poorly in a month's time as we have been for most of the season so far, then he should be made aware that it simply isn't good enough.

I'd like to think I've made my position pretty clear, I don't like the way we play under this manager, but if it is getting the results that make my team prosper than I can put up with it. However, I reserve the right to be critical when that isn't happening, because I see nothing to enjoy whatsoever about our manager's method of playing the game unless it is producing the right results.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    What's the logic there then. I didn't raise the matter of course, but that's by the way.

Let's examine your statement since you're interested in intellectual thought.

1. Why would I be " resorting " to anything, ( what am I trying to achieve).
    2. If Picasso had told someone that he was an artist we would, by your logic , conclude that he probably wasn't. Would that conclusion be sound ?

Let me give you a more logical construction regarding what you can deduce from a message board posting - If a man draws conclusions on some gut feeling, tinged with personal animosity about a matter which he has insufficient information to work with, then the conclusions he has reached are very unlikely to be correct. Can you see how that works ?
    No, not really. I do feel a little guilty though because it was somewhat unfair of me to comment on your claim to be an intellectual when you would look weak if you ignored it and slightly ridiculous if you maintained that you were one, so sorry about that.

Regarding your two points;-
    1. I'm not sure what you were trying to achieve, but I've noticed that it is the sort of thing you come out with from time to time.
    2. If someone introduced themselves to me with the words "hello, I'm a painter", I'd shake their hands and continue the conversation. On the other hand, if someone introduced themselves to me with the words "hello, I'm an intellectual", I'd try my hardest not to laugh in their face, but, probably, fail.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, not really. I do feel a little guilty though because it was somewhat unfair of me to comment on your claim to be an intellectual when you would look weak if you ignored it and slightly ridiculous if you maintained that you were one, so sorry about that.

1. I'm not sure what you were trying to achieve, but I've noticed that it is the sort of thing you come out with from time to time.
    2. If someone introduced themselves to me with the words "hello, I'm a painter", I'd shake their hands and continue the conversation. On the other hand, if someone introduced themselves to me with the words "hello, I'm an intellectual", I'd try my hardest not to laugh in their face, but, probably, fail.

Well I doubt that anyone would introduce themselves as an intellectual , and nor did I . I simply replied to Carlos Fandango or whoever he is who ,for reasons best known to himself , stated that I was NOT an intellectual.

Now, I'm not inexperienced in communicating at all levels, and I was well aware that correcting him on this point would cause outrage amongst certain groups, but I ,( truthfully), did so anyway.
    In fact people have paid me a lot of money down the years for applying my mind to quite important issues, so I expect they've done that for a reason.
    Is that a source of pride or self importance to me ? No, it's just the way it is. Do I give a shit what anyone thinks about it ? No.

I get the impression that you think a person with a good mind must be a weakling - some kind of little guy with glasses, so if you say you'd laugh in my face I'll believe you because I'm certainly not getting into some keyboard warrior bullshit. I've never had much trouble with people doing that though.

You needn't feel guilty about trying to entrap me with fatal alternatives if that floats your boat - give it your best shot, cause it's really very unlikely to work.

There is another alternative, of course, which is to consider the content of whatever I said and agree or disagree in a constructive way, rather than get too entangled in this barely concealed resentment you've developed. It's daft, because you don't know me and I think you're just quietly outraged by the fact that I don't fit into your stereotype of someone who likes and studies football should be.

My *outrage klaxon* went off twice in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    My *outrage klaxon* went off twice in that one.
    You read it?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well I doubt that anyone would introduce themselves as an intellectual , and nor did I . I simply replied to Carlos Fandango or whoever he is who ,for reasons best known to himself , stated that I was NOT an intellectual.

Now, I'm not inexperienced in communicating at all levels, and I was well aware that correcting him on this point would cause outrage amongst certain groups, but I ,( truthfully), did so anyway.
    In fact people have paid me a lot of money down the years for applying my mind to quite important issues, so I expect they've done that for a reason.
    Is that a source of pride or self importance to me ? No, it's just the way it is. Do I give a shit what anyone thinks about it ? No.

I get the impression that you think a person with a good mind must be a weakling - some kind of little guy with glasses, so if you say you'd laugh in my face I'll believe you because I'm certainly not getting into some keyboard warrior bullshit. I've never had much trouble with people doing that though.

You needn't feel guilty about trying to entrap me with fatal alternatives if that floats your boat - give it your best shot, cause it's really very unlikely to work.

There is another alternative, of course, which is to consider the content of whatever I said and agree or disagree in a constructive way, rather than get too entangled in this barely concealed resentment you've developed. It's daft, because you don't know me and I think you're just quietly outraged by the fact that I don't fit into your stereotype of someone who likes and studies football should be.
    Well, that pretty spectacular rant has brightened up my day somewhat - thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    As long as we are going to stay up, it makes no sense to keep Warnock if we aren't in a position to go up. We might as well get our new manager time to see the squad and implement his style of play. Whoever comes in is going to need to overhaul our approach and it will take time.
    We sold 18,000 season tickets for this season. How many are we going to sell for next season if we don't replace the manager and Warnock doesn't turn it around?

I'm pretty sure a therapist would caution that you are not supposed to laugh at that point. Shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We sold 18,000 season tickets for this season. How many are we going to sell for next season if we don't replace the manager and Warnock doesn't turn it around?
    You realise people bought them this season, following a relegation, with Warnock at the helm?

Perhaps the majority of our fans quite like the guy and / or don't buy a season ticket based on who is managing us.

How many will we sell if he gains another promotion for the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    You realise people bought them this season, following a relegation, with Warnock at the helm?

Perhaps the majority of our fans quite like the guy and / or don't buy a season ticket based on who is managing us.

That's a fair question, but I think it's equally fair to wonder how many we'll sell if we go through the season, in or around the middle of the table,or worse, playing a style of football that it seems many fans are getting increasingly fed up with?

If we were to go up this season, I'd guess we'd have another five to six thousand season ticket holders and the figure would probably go down from the current one by about the same amount if things worked out as I speculated.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I'm pretty sure a therapist would caution that you are not supposed to laugh at that point. Shame on you!
    You're right, reprimand accepted.

With the promise of having g a real go.

And a strong championship team with Reid Murphy etc.. look at what we’ve sold and what we’ve replaced them with. I’m willing that they all come good and really hope the new players do, but in my opinion we haven’t replaced them with like for like quality.
    If we struggle to mid table this year and he goes, what makes you think we will sell the same amount?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Less certainly but I think that was always going to be the case if we don't go up. They'll fall off a cliff if it goes very pear shaped but unless the new manager is Paul Trollope mk 2 I think we'll be OK for next season, it's the season after that concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    With the promise of having g a real go.

And a strong championship team with Reid Murphy etc.. look at what we’ve sold and what we’ve replaced them with. I’m willing that they all come good and really hope the new players do, but in my opinion we haven’t replaced them with like for like quality.
    If we struggle to mid table this year and he goes, what makes you think we will sell the same amount?
    We wouldn't. But that won't be because of Warnock, not really.

We have had a large percentage of "fairweather" fans (not sure what term to use really, and I don't necessarily mean anyone on this board) that are happy during the good times and their support tails off when things aren't so rosey.

You could say Warnock would be a part of it and you would be correct, but our support has always fluctuated massively, long before him and will long after him and in my opinion it's down to results as opposed to who is managing us and his style of football.

We don't ever seem to really hold support like some other clubs can, I guess it's a lack of serious success over the years.

We don't ever seem to really hold support like some other clubs can, I guess it's a lack of serious success over the years.
    It's South Wales. We're the biggest fair weather fans there are. Wales could get 50k for a game vs Azerbaijan when we can qualify, as soon as that was done they struggle to get 8k for Panama.

It's South Wales. We're the biggest fair weather fans there are. Wales could get 50k for a game vs Azerbaijan when we can qualify, as soon as that was done they struggle to get 8k for Panama.
    Not just the football fans mind, the rugby fans are just as bad.

Great reply ! Very well thought out.

Yes, they bought them for this season. Expecting a promotion push with Bobby Reid playing up front and some new faces that would be an improvement on or at least as good as (with the exception loan signings) what they replaced.

We wouldn't. But that won't be because of Warnock, not really.

We have had a large percentage of "fairweather" fans (not sure what term to use really, and I don't necessarily mean anyone on this board) that are happy during the good times and their support tails off when things aren't so rosey.

You could say Warnock would be a part of it and you would be correct, but our support has always fluctuated massively, long before him and will long after him and in my opinion it's down to results as opposed to who is managing us and his style of football.

If Warnock doesn’t kick on this year after the “give it a right go” speech he’ll be part to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Not just the football fans mind, the rugby fans are just as bad.
    The rugby fans have to turn up first . No, you're right. It's a welsh thing in general.

The rugby fans have to turn up first . No, you're right. It's a welsh thing in general.
    Is a lot of that to do with Wales being mostly working class people and disposable income isn't that easy to come by?

I don't blame anyone not spending their hard earned on watching something that isn't enjoyable to watch just because a lot of old men on the internet have made up weird terms like fair weather and plastic.