+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Re: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    With respect that is the most ludicrous question to ask. Are you really suggesting that only those who attended last night's match are entitled to an opinion?

For the record I didn't go. I didn't think it was worth travelling for 300 miles and a possible overnight stay to watch a match against a side we have already played. Indeed there are many long distance travellers like me who didn't attend but are not entitled to an opinion according to the inference in the question.
    Calm down. He didn't say you weren't entitled to an opinion.. He's just interested in hearing from those who did go to last night's game.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Last night showed how paper thin the squad is witH Etheridge, Bamba, NML and Pack out injured and Paterson not looking fit at all (or even looking like a footballer). I never liked Warnock until he came to us, still don't very much, but do admire what he did in his first season and then to get us up two years ago was incredible. Fulham had that amazing run and still couldn't catch us.

Last season was poor and we got relegated and this season hasn't started well. His transfer windows, the last 4 haven;'t gone too well with millions wasted on players who are not even regulars (I exclude Etheridge). I am also fed up of this plucky underdog routine he goes on about. That attitude cost us and he's at it again already saying we should to hang on to the coat tails of Leeds etc, he'll be lucky if we do.

Also when we got promoted, his speeches along the lines of 'when I got here look where the club was' 'I did this'. Well Neil you also took us down and have us playing shit football with a tactic last night of get it back to Flint and hoof it up the front. Time tot go. I don';t see why all the love ins with him, other managers have got us promoted, Mackay, Lawrence, Cork (I think), May, Burrows, Ashurst, Andrews etc but nobody recognises them as much. Dave Jones had us playing the best football I've seen at Cardiff since about 1970 and everybody moans about him because 1) we didn't get up 2) He was miserable.
    Most people I know who moaned about Dave Jones was because he was a tactically clueless 442 merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No one needed to be there to watch the reserves trying some experiments in a competition which doesn't matter to us, including giving a full 90 mins to some bench players.

A remarkable number of people here, ( who seem to understand very little about the game frankly), seem to think that if Sir Neil left then Jurgen Klopp or Mourhinio someone would step in and we'd commence a policy of sunshine football which would very soon see us in the Champions League. After all, it's only the manager and his inexperience stopping that, isn't it ?

I mean, we were doing all that and dominating the big clubs before he came along and spoiled it all ,weren't we ?

Not as if he's had us punching above our weight or anything, is it ?

Now, let's tune into Reality FM for a moment . This is a pied piper situation, and the likely outcome of losing the manager, chairman or owner would be to go down like a lead balloon. The reality is that they've jointly taken the club to new heights which had seemed unimaginable for over 50 years , but that the millennial generation demands instant gratification without reference to practical considerations and has no connection to the concept of self preservation in a competitive world, and it now seems that a few simple souls who are old enough to know better have joined them in their suicudal delusions of grandeur and illusions that we have the resources to compete with Manchester City on their own terms.
    Got to get honest stopped reading half way. Complete waffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think it's fair for people to form an opinion over his three years at the club.
    I think you have to live in the here and now.

Most people in work would find themselves in bother if things go wrong, regardless of how well they'd done

Here's the bottom line.
    Either Sir Neil will get his ducks in a row very quickly, perhaps in time for Fulham, in which case we'll rise up the league and the half wits will stop their jibbering, or he won't , in which case he'll leave and we'll go back into obscurity for the foreseeable future.

He and Vincent Tan will have to be strong men indeed to bear the dead weight of these negative whiners through a bad patch, or they might just decide to walk away from it and leave us on the road to Bolton.
    Zzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can I ask if any of those defending Neil Warnock in this thread were at last night's match?
    Not me. But I was there watching us being knocked out at home to Burton in our auto promotion season.

I’m not defending last night but It’s hardly unprecedented. Let’s see how Friday goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You mean the manager that got us promoted 4 years after we got promoted last time?

How about we're stagnating and could do better? I hate this "we were sh-t 30 years ago so what are you whining about". The fact is, we're not sh-t now. Do you think Man City's owners think, "we were in League One in 2000, so let's enjoy the ride"? Of course they don't. We're a big club in Championship terms and have to start acting like one. We're an utter shambles off the pitch, as shown by our transfer activity for about the 5th window on the spin. Marlon Pack was signed after the deadline and then he's probably our most important player. It's embarrassing.

To add to that, if this is Warnock's last year, there is no point in keeping him if we're midtable in November. We might as well get the pieces in to get a Director of Football/Head of Recruitment and a new manager to implement a new style of play. I'm not asking for much, I'm just asking we become semi competent. At the moment, this is Warnock's club and there's going to be a massive culture shock when he leaves. If we can address those changes in the middle of a "nothing" season, then the ootential damage will be hopefully limited.

No one needed to be there to watch the reserves trying some experiments in a competition which doesn't matter to us, including giving a full 90 mins to some bench players.

A remarkable number of people here, ( who seem to understand very little about the game frankly), seem to think that if Sir Neil left then Jurgen Klopp or Mourhinio someone would step in and we'd commence a policy of sunshine football which would very soon see us in the Champions League. After all, it's only the manager and his inexperience stopping that, isn't it ?

I mean, we were doing all that and dominating the big clubs before he came along and spoiled it all ,weren't we ?

Not as if he's had us punching above our weight or anything, is it ?

Now, let's tune into Reality FM for a moment . This is a pied piper situation, and the likely outcome of losing the manager, chairman or owner would be to go down like a lead balloon. The reality is that they've jointly taken the club to new heights which had seemed unimaginable for over 50 years , but that the millennial generation demands instant gratification without reference to practical considerations and has no connection to the concept of self preservation in a competitive world, and it now seems that a few simple souls who are old enough to know better have joined them in their suicudal delusions of grandeur and illusions that we have the resources to compete with Manchester City on their own terms.
    That's a lot of speculative opinion form someone that didn't even think it necessary to watch the game.

Can I ask if any of those defending Neil Warnock in this thread were at last night's match?
    No,but I was at the home/away legs of the playoffs against West Ham where we were absolutely physically bolloxed before a ball was kicked.The same year a we made the league cup final unless I'm mistaken.If we had a choice I don't think many clubs wood volunteer for participation as it tends to come back and bite you later on.

You mean the manager that got us promoted 4 years after we got promoted last time?

How about we're stagnating and could do better? I hate this "we were sh-t 30 years ago so what are you whining about". The fact is, we're not sh-t now. Do you think Man City's owners think, "we were in League One in 2000, so let's enjoy the ride"? Of course they don't. We're a big club in Championship terms and have to start acting like one. We're an utter shambles off the pitch, as shown by our transfer activity for about the 5th window on the spin. Marlon Pack was signed after the deadline and then he's probably our most important player. It's embarrassing.

To add to that, if this is Warnock's last year, there is no point in keeping him if we're midtable in November. We might as well get the pieces in to get a Director of Football/Head of Recruitment and a new manager to implement a new style of play. I'm not asking for much, I'm just asking we become semi competent. At the moment, this is Warnock's club and there's going to be a massive culture shock when he leaves. If we can address those changes in the middle of a "nothing" season, then the ootential damage will be hopefully limited.
    I can't see us appointing a Director of Football while Tan owns the club. He got burned by Moody and Mackay and set up the transfer committee in response. We've had it for over five years now and I can't remember any indication that he's unhappy with how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I can't see us appointing a Director of Football while Tan owns the club. He got burned by Moody and Mackay and set up the transfer committee in response. We've had it for over five years now and I can't remember any indication that he's unhappy with how it works.
    What's Tan still in it for, one wonders.....

Wow. Talk about some serious overreactions. The season has just started. Won 2, Lost 2, Drew 1. It's not amazing form, but it's by no means a disastrous start. Yes we were humbled by Luton in the cup. But Warnock was always going to be half arsed about the cup. He'll do the same with the FA cup no doubt. Perhaps that's not a great attitude but promotion is all he really wants. If we secure promotion nobody will care how early we were knocked out the cups.

Time will tell on promotion but you can't judge properly 5 games in.

I think we might struggle against Fulham Friday. They look very good this year. If we lose no doubt we'll get more calls for warnocks head. The OP suggested giving Warnock until the Hull game but for me even that's too soon to really know.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's a lot of speculative opinion form someone that didn't even think it necessary to watch the game.

Well the opinions I wrote weren't about that game, so it's not relevant . That game was unimportant and what's important is a structured workable strategy to build on what had been achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Wow. Talk about some serious overreactions. The season has just started. Won 2, Lost 2, Drew 1. It's not amazing form, but it's by no means a disastrous start. Yes we were humbled by Luton in the cup. But Warnock was always going to be half arsed about the cup. He'll do the same with the FA cup no doubt. Perhaps that's not a great attitude but promotion is all he really wants. If we secure promotion nobody will care how early we were knocked out the cups.

I think we might struggle against Fulham Friday. They look very good this year. If we lose no doubt we'll get more calls for warnocks head. The OP suggested giving Warnock until the Hull game but for me even that's too soon to really know.
    What have you seen so far that suggests this squad of players assembled by Warnock is capable of achieving promotion?

All that complete waffle in reply to one simple question - one thing all of that waffle does mind is prove the point I was trying to make when I asked the question.

It's not waffle , it's reality. You asked whether people watched an unimportant game and suggested that it means we should sack the manager. It doesn't , and you can't take anything from it because you have to use your resources where they count, and that's in the league .
    Your implication that we go to pieces in a time of crisis because the reserves didn't do well is ridiculous. How you'll yowl if we can't beat Fulham I dread to imagine, but you don't give up on a project like this when it doesn't go your way for a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    What have you seen so far that suggests this squad of players assembled by Warnock is capable of achieving promotion?
    The league season ends in May 2020, not August 28th 2019. If we're still in this position come January I would personally be satisfied knowing we have a manager and a group of players who know what it takes in the second half of the season.

It's not waffle , it's reality. You asked whether people watched an unimportant game and suggested that it means we should sack the manager. It doesn't , and you can't take anything from it because you have to use your resources where they count, and that's in the league .
    Your implication that we go to pieces in a time of crisis because the reserves didn't do well is ridiculous. How you'll yowl if we can't beat Fulham I dread to imagine, but you don't give up on a project like this when it doesn't go your way for a few games.
    A project? He's off at the end of the season.

And yet more waffle full of stuff about what I was implying when I simply asked who had gone to the game - also, I know "project" is a bit of a buzzword these days, but do you really think our 71 in December manager, who often talks about how you can only be about the here and now when your the age he is, is really thinking in terms of "projects"?

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Good to see a few more level headed posters still about. Was beginning to worry.

The panic has already set in, negativity is everywhere. I'm sorry but the state this board would be in at the beginning of a rebuild by the next manager won't be pretty. I fail to see how most will have the patience as it won't be happening overnight.

Reminds me of the Trollope situation, guy tried to bring in a new philosophy, signed some Welsh players, tried a similar 3 at the back system to the success Wales were having. Sounds almost perfect for our fans.

Fans quickly decided he wasnt up to it and off he went. Neil comes in to save us.

We all want nice football but you also need success, I'm guessing we will go through a few managers before getting lucky.

Well the opinions I wrote weren't about that game, so it's not relevant . That game was unimportant and what's important is a structured workable strategy to build on what had been achieved.
    What's been achieved? You mean promotion to the EPL 16 months ago? I think we can all agree, we hardly built on that. I don't think that's Warnock's style. He seems very short-termist.

A project? He's off at the end of the season.

Do you believe that ?
    I'm not saying that it's untrue, but it's not the first time he's said that you know , and he's got a long history of using press statements as tactical disinformation, ( will Pack unexpectedly return from injury for the Fulham game ?)

The project is long standing and largely successful ,and if allowed to proceed will see us established as a mid table premiership team in three or four years, very much in the Burnley model .

At some point that will involve a change of manager, and that might be at the end of this season as they've said, but the new gaffer will have to be in tune with what we're trying to do, not just trying to do the same as everyone else.

Personally, I'd like to see the present assistant manager as the new gaffer with maybe Sol Bamber as his assistant with a view to taking over in due course.

So, yeah, it's a project alright , and it's so clever that it's almost cheating. We're fighting our battles in a way that we've got a much better chance of winning than we deserve on resources and takent -It can and will succeed if it's allowed to.

Not living in Wales, I hear a lot of people who don't support the club praising the results which Sir Neil has achieved already and talking about the clever tactics of Cardiff City. Many are grudgingly admitting that they'll get there in the end too.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What's been achieved? You mean promotion to the EPL 16 months ago? I think we can all agree, we hardly built on that. I don't think that's Warnock's style. He seems very short-termist.

Well we shall have to agree to disagree on that. I'm afraid there's no instant or easy route to becoming established in the toughest league in the world ,and I suggest that you observe the results of Burnley who got relegated first time.

"The project is long standing and largely successful ,and if allowed to proceed will see us established as a mid table premiership team in three or four years, very much in the Burnley model ."

Do you believe that ?
    I'm not saying that it's untrue, but it's not the first time he's said that you know , and he's got a long history of using press statements as tactical disinformation, ( will Pack unexpectedly return from injury for the Fulham game ?)

The project is long standing and largely successful ,and if allowed to proceed will see us established as a mid table premiership team in three or four years, very much in the Burnley model .

At some point that will involve a change of manager, and that might be at the end of this season as they've said, but the new gaffer will have to be in tune with what we're trying to do, not just trying to do the same as everyone else.

Personally, I'd like to see the present assistant manager as the new gaffer with maybe Sol Bamber as his assistant with a view to taking over in due course.

So, yeah, it's a project alright , and it's so clever that it's almost cheating. We're fighting our battles in a way that we've got a much better chance of winning than we deserve on resources and takent -It can and will succeed if it's allowed to.

Not living in Wales, I hear a lot of people who don't support the club praising the results which Sir Neil has achieved already and talking about the clever tactics of Cardiff City. Many are grudgingly admitting that they'll get there in the end too.
    WTF?

Do you believe that ?

Sol Bamber

You're trying so hard to sound intellectual, while also trying really hard to dumb it down. Also, what you've written is absolute drivel.

Sol Bamber. Jesus Christ.