+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Re: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well we shall have to agree to disagree on that. I'm afraid there's no instant or easy route to becoming established in the toughest league in the world ,and I suggest that you observe the results of Burnley who got relegated first time.
    WTF have Burnley got to do with us? This whole "Burnley Model" thing is ****ing nonsense. They got promoted, they got relegated, they got promoted again. It happens.

Well we shall have to agree to disagree on that. I'm afraid there's no instant or easy route to becoming established in the toughest league in the world ,and I suggest that you observe the results of Burnley who got relegated first time.
    But Warnock isn't going to be around to continue this project. What, then, are the advantages of him having another season if we're in the middle of establishing ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What's Tan still in it for, one wonders.....
    After pumping millions in over the years he’s probably got a little attached.

My only other reaction to losing millions would be anger, and he doesn’t seem angry, so I’ll stick with my original guess that he’s got a little soft spot for us..

NW is a lame duck manager. Rather than wait till the end of the season Tan should be as ruthless as he was with Mackay and sack NW now and appoint a new manager before it becomes too late. NW has spent millions on ordinary players that he never plays and it seems pretty obvious that he has lost his edge. If NW was working in any other industry and had announced his intention to retire in 6 months he would have been moved sideways or given his cards. We are now left with a lame duck manager who appears to be kicking for touch. Tan should grasp the nettle, rise above the sycophancy that surrounds NW, and appoint a young dynamic manager now. The name Mike Flynn should be called to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Wow. Talk about some serious overreactions. The season has just started. Won 2, Lost 2, Drew 1. It's not amazing form, but it's by no means a disastrous start. Yes we were humbled by Luton in the cup. But Warnock was always going to be half arsed about the cup. He'll do the same with the FA cup no doubt. Perhaps that's not a great attitude but promotion is all he really wants. If we secure promotion nobody will care how early we were knocked out the cups.

Time will tell on promotion but you can't judge properly 5 games in.

I think we might struggle against Fulham Friday. They look very good this year. If we lose no doubt we'll get more calls for warnocks head. The OP suggested giving Warnock until the Hull game but for me even that's too soon to really know.
    I’ve always agreed it’s silly to judge after so few games, I gave Ole, the welsh fella I can remember a chance for long into the season and even backed slade at times.
    It’s not judging after a few games here, neither is it all to do with results, it’s the way we are playing and the lack of any sort of change to the way we play, there is no plan b after we can’t bully teams and the season looks to be going nowhere.

I’m happy we gave a few players a go last night and I’m not bothered that we went out of the cup.

I will be as happy as anyone if we turn it around, but right now I really don’t see how that’s going to happen as our style doesn’t seem to be hurting teams and we seem on a post premier league slump. With no idea how to dig ourselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Good to see a few more level headed posters still about. Was beginning to worry.

The panic has already set in, negativity is everywhere. I'm sorry but the state this board would be in at the beginning of a rebuild by the next manager won't be pretty. I fail to see how most will have the patience as it won't be happening overnight.

Reminds me of the Trollope situation, guy tried to bring in a new philosophy, signed some Welsh players, tried a similar 3 at the back system to the success Wales were having. Sounds almost perfect for our fans.

Fans quickly decided he wasnt up to it and off he went. Neil comes in to save us.

We all want nice football but you also need success, I'm guessing we will go through a few managers before getting lucky.
    Trollope was doing a Durban

totally agree that we should not have indulged NW for one more season. We should have gone for young up and coming manager as you suggest.
    It would be the Cowley brothers for me.

The club missed a great opportunity in the summer and i fear it has set us back years.

I said a few weeks ago that I hope Warnock's last season doesn't go the same way as Brian Clough's. There was a great manager winding down who ended up taking the club with him. Frank Clark commented years after that the club was in a total mess when he took over. Nobody could ever criticise Cloughie for his achievements but he stayed on longer than he should.

I'm hoping something similar doesn't happen with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I said a few weeks ago that I hope Warnock's last season doesn't go the same way as Brian Clough's. There was a great manager winding down who ended up taking the club with him. Frank Clark commented years after that the club was in a total mess when he took over. Nobody could ever criticise Cloughie for his achievements but he stayed on longer than he should.

I'm hoping something similar doesn't happen with us.
    I don't care how his career ends,and you can bet your ass he doesn't care about you. I care about CCFC. Ok! he took us up and we did as the pundits expected went straight back down....yes! i know we kept 10 clean sheets that you keep reminding us about but it didn't help we were rubbish for most matches and the quality hasn't improved.Time to move on and let warnock enjoy his pension.

There is always a level of hysteria when we get knocked out of a cup competition by 'inferior' opposition. However, before we start sharpening the knives for NW, let's wait until we have a fit again Etheridge, Pack, Bamba and NML in the team, which could easily kick start our season and rejuvenate the side.

Yes I do understand why some wish that NW had been replaced at the start of the season but many are now jumping on the bandwagon because we've had a less than auspicious start to the season. Incidentally, I certainly wouldn't advocate a Michael Flynn or Cowley stepping into his shoes. We can do much better than that.

In a perfect world we would at least finish in the play-offs or better, sign a top quality manager for next season and guarantee that the football played will be a joy to behold. But we don't live in a perfect world and should be forever grateful that we are not a Bury or Bolton fan.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think a few of us who were there last night would probably feel that is about a month too long .
    Maybe it should be "Give the transfer committee until the Hull game ". Perhaps if Warnock had people with a rudimentary knowledge of player recruitment we would still be in the Premier League, albeit hanging on by our fingernails...

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    There is always a level of hysteria when we get knocked out of a cup competition by 'inferior' opposition. However, before we start sharpening the knives for NW, let's wait until we have a fit again Etheridge, Pack, Bamba and NML in the team, which could easily kick start our season and rejuvenate the side.

Yes I do understand why some wish that NW had been replaced at the start of the season but many are now jumping on the bandwagon because we've had a less than auspicious start to the season. Incidentally, I certainly wouldn't advocate a Michael Flynn or Cowley stepping into his shoes. We can do much better than that.

In a perfect world we would at least finish in the play-offs or better, sign a top quality manager for next season and guarantee that the football played will be a joy to behold. But we don't live in a perfect world and should be forever grateful that we are not a Bury or Bolton fan.
    Why do less fortunate events always have to be brought in to police the mood?

Why can’t I be sad for them and want more for us at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sol Bamber

You're trying so hard to sound intellectual, while also trying really hard to dumb it down. Also, what you've written is absolute drivel.

Sol Bamber. Jesus Christ.

No, I'm not trying to sound intellectual son. I probably am an intellectual if it interests you, but I don't think a football forum is the right place to excersise that is it ? Especially since I'm not getting paid for it.

Your post ,by the way, is ****ing meaningless since you don't make any point but merely stick in a bit of abuse followed with a quick flash of blasphemy. Who's that supposed to convince ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    WTF have Burnley got to do with us? This whole "Burnley Model" thing is ****ing nonsense. They got promoted, they got relegated, they got promoted again. It happens.

Yeah, okay. These things are all just random events controlled by chance. Forgive me for being stupid.

Thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet more waffle full of stuff about what I was implying when I simply asked who had gone to the game - also, I know "project" is a bit of a buzzword these days, but do you really think our 71 in December manager, who often talks about how you can only be about the here and now when your the age he is, is really thinking in terms of "projects"?

Yes of course he is for ****s sake. That's why they're paying him all that money and that's why he's re organised the whole club top to bottom , on and off the field . He's around the same age as Churchill was when he was ordering the bombing of Dresden, and if you buy the " confused old chap who's taking it one day at a time on a totally linear basis " act, you're very wrong.
    He's got the mind of a very competent General.

Yes of course he is for ****s sake. That's why they're paying him all that money and that's why he's re organised the whole club top to bottom , on and off the field . He's around the same age as Churchill was when he was ordering the bombing of Dresden, and if you buy the " confused old chap who's taking it one day at a time on a totally linear basis " act, you're very wrong.
    How’s the transfer committee?

How’s the youth academy he’s sorted out for us?

Dembe, not trying to police the mood, just giving the thread a bit of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Dembe, not trying to police the mood, just giving the thread a bit of perspective.
    But why do we need it? Genuine question mate.

We are in a different situation, their situations do not have anything to do with ours.

Not meaning to sound so abrupt, it’s hard with txt not to sometimes.

Yeah, okay. These things are all just random events controlled by chance. Forgive me for being stupid.
    I could forgive you if you occasionally talked some sense. But the bullshit is relentless.

A war crime.

No, I'm not trying to sound intellectual son. I probably am an intellectual if it interests you, but I don't think a football forum is the right place to excersise that is it ? Especially since I'm not getting paid for it.

Your post ,by the way, is ****ing meaningless since you don't make any point but merely stick in a bit of abuse followed with a quick flash of blasphemy. Who's that supposed to convince ?
    Sol Bamber maybe
    Whoever the fack he is.

Don't people usually say you need to see 10 league games before knowing what sort of season the club is having? We're a bit early still on that.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Don't people usually say you need to see 10 league games before knowing what sort of season the club is having? We're a bit early still on that.
    Even and round numbers are so appealing. In fact, I should be completing 10,000 steps rather than sitting here typing....

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Sol Bamber maybe
    Whoever the fack he is.

download.jpg