+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Re: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is a lot of that to do with Wales being mostly working class people and disposable income isn't that easy to come by?

I don't blame anyone not spending their hard earned on watching something that isn't enjoyable to watch just because a lot of old men on the internet have made up weird terms like fair weather and plastic.
    Perhaps but that's not too dissimilar with northern working class towns, I think it's part of the make up of people from South Wales. I do think our crowds swing more than anywhere else, we could have had 40k+ crowds for some games last season and I think we'll probably get actual crowds of around 10k at some points this season. Maybe its exaggerated because we've only stayed up for a season at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Perhaps but that's not too dissimilar with northern working class towns, I think it's part of the make up of people from South Wales. I do think our crowds swing more than anywhere else, we could have had 40k+ crowds for some games last season and I think we'll probably get actual crowds of around 10k at some points this season. Maybe its exaggerated because we've only stayed up for a season at a time.
    Always been the same, Spurs home on a Saturday night in March 1961 and attendance given as over 45K, when there was at least 10K more, City beat them that night 3-2. Next home game against Villa and crowd was below 12K

Is a lot of that to do with Wales being mostly working class people and disposable income isn't that easy to come by?

I don't blame anyone not spending their hard earned on watching something that isn't enjoyable to watch just because a lot of old men on the internet have made up weird terms like fair weather and plastic.
    You're probably right, but I've also had the impression for a while that Welsh people tuck away a lot more alcohol than your average British person... would interested to see what % of average income is spent on alcohol in Wales compared to England. Point being, I think a lot of welsh people see events as a primary location to get pissed, and if they can't afford the event then they just get pissed elsewhere... rather than not getting pissed and going to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    You realise people bought them this season, following a relegation, with Warnock at the helm?

Perhaps the majority of our fans quite like the guy and / or don't buy a season ticket based on who is managing us.

How many will we sell if he gains another promotion for the club?
    I think you should also factor in that many would have been renewed before the end of the season, when there was the chance of avoiding relegation, by fans taking a chance on watching PL football this season.

I think it’s just a lack of genuine interest. If we draw a big name opponent, then everyone miraculously finds the cash to go 😁

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I think it’s just a lack of genuine interest. If we draw a big name opponent, then everyone miraculously finds the cash to go 😁
    Yes because it’s worth spending your little bit of cash on something different and exciting rather than on Luton in the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Always been the same, Spurs home on a Saturday night in March 1961 and attendance given as over 45K, when there was at least 10K more, City beat them that night 3-2. Next home game against Villa and crowd was below 12K

I was there, and people said it was 65,000, which I'd always believed. You make me doubt it now though !
    I'll tell you what though, it was packed to the gunnels and I think the capacity of Ninian Park was 65,000.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    City's crowds/attendances have always been incredibly choosey and fickle. There is always a hardcore and going on the attendance for the Luton match this week the 4000 who did attend are a little more than the numbers who were attending in the 80s and 90s.

It should be noted that these hardcore were and are made up of masochists.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I was there, and people said it was 65,000, which I'd always believed. You make me doubt it now though !
    I'll tell you what though, it was packed to the gunnels and I think the capacity of Ninian Park was 65,000.
    That night was electric, best game I've ever been to, even surpassing beating Real Madrid, and the Cup Winners Semi Final against Hamburg.
    Spurs did the impossible double that season.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Great reply ! Very well thought out.
    To be fair, he painted you all over the walls so badly with his previous one he was probably thought it better to be merciful