+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Give Warnock until the Hull game.

If we don't improve considerably then Cardiff should let him go so that a new manager can have until January to decide who he would like to bring in and then have time to work with the squad ready for more changes next summer..

Re: Give Warnock until the Hull game.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    If we don't improve considerably then Cardiff should let him go so that a new manager can have until January to decide who he would like to bring in and then have time to work with the squad ready for more changes next summer..
    I think a few of us who were there last night would probably feel that is about a month too long .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think a few of us who were there last night would probably feel that is about a month too long .
    I think the way it’s going it’s obvious to me he isn’t going to work out this season.

Too many signs there now. Yes not many games played etc but I think the early signs are that it’s going to be a struggle and I’d be impressed if we made a challenge to the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If the performance is similar to last night on friday, i dont think he will make it past the weekend.

No manager could do any better with that squad. The players bought on the cheap are clearly not up to it even though I guess Luton's squad cost far less. Warnock is a good man manager but his transfer dealings have been very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    No manager could do any better with that squad.
    I agree with you. This is why removing Warnock during the season makes no sense. I don't think his job is under threat unless things go really badly.

It's still early doors but if the season continues in the same vein, the decision to persist with Neil will look very poor. After the career he has had it would be a massive shame for it to fizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree with you. This is why removing Warnock during the season makes no sense. I don't think his job is under threat unless things go really badly.

It's still early doors but if the season continues in the same vein, the decision to persist with Neil will look very poor. After the career he has had it would be a massive shame for it to fizzle.
    So basically, a manager can prolong the safety of his job, by bringing in a pile of dross that no other manager could get playing well?
    Warnocks a genius!!!

The panic on this forum would suggest a relegation battle.

If we got rid of Warnock we should hire him a week later on a short term contract as there wouldn't be any better for that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So basically, a manager can prolong the safety of his job, by bringing in a pile of dross that no other manager could get playing well?
    Warnocks a genius!!!
    Probably preferable to Tan than having a new boss who wants lots to spend.

If Warnock had gone for broke in the Caraboa Cup against Luton then i would have been one of the first to call for him to be shown the door but when you consider the injuries list i think Warnock is taking into account Championship division survival and yes even the posiibility of promotion. But to give him until the Hull game (3 matches) to improve as one bright spark suggested borders on the idiotic! Patience is the name of the game here. No one likes City losing more than me but we've got to give the man a chance for Christ's sake. Even if we don't get promoted this season is it the end of the world? I will bet that when Warnock leaves/retire whoever comes into replace will be proud to manage the squad he imherits.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    If Warnock had gone for broke in the Caraboa Cup against Luton then i would have been one of the first to call for him to be shown the door but when you consider the injuries list i think Warnock is taking into account Championship division survival and yes even the posiibility of promotion. But to give him until the Hull game (3 matches) to improve as one bright spark suggested borders on the idiotic! Patience is the name of the game here. No one likes City losing more than me but we've got to give the man a chance for Christ's sake. Even if we don't get promoted this season is it the end of the world? I will bet that when Warnock leaves/retire whoever comes into replace will be proud to manage the squad he imherits.
    I want him sacked for not trying to win a game. You’d have wanted him sacked if he had tried to win it.
    Houston. We have a problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

As long as we are going to stay up, it makes no sense to keep Warnock if we aren't in a position to go up. We might as well get our new manager time to see the squad and implement his style of play. Whoever comes in is going to need to overhaul our approach and it will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    As long as we are going to stay up, it makes no sense to keep Warnock if we aren't in a position to go up. We might as well get our new manager time to see the squad and implement his style of play. Whoever comes in is going to need to overhaul our approach and it will take time.
    Of course, but no one can really say where we will finish yet, we've played 5 league matches with 41 to go. By his own admission if promotion isn't happening he will leave before the end of the season, even if he doesn't the board need to be looking.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    "will bet that when Warnock leaves/retire whoever comes into replace will be proud to manage the squad he imherits."
    This must be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on here.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    "will bet that when Warnock leaves/retire whoever comes into replace will be proud to manage the squad he imherits."
    This must be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on here.
    It's not really, on paper its a good championship squad, at best we will get a manager at our level. If it's a lower league manager on the rise it will probably be by far the best squad he has managed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's not really, on paper its a good championship squad, at best we will get a manager at our level. If it's a lower league manager on the rise it will probably be by far the best squad he has managed.
    No it isn’t.

In the summer we’ve signed players from Rotherham, Oxford and Newport. All of them look out of their depth.

We’ve also signed another Fred and replaced Reid with Vassell.

We’ve also let some of our better players leave.

The squad is crap, it’s actually worse than the one that started the 17/18 season and it’s had about 40m million spent on it!!!

This is all Warnocks doing and it’s time to go. Warnockball has run its course.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No it isn’t.

In the summer we’ve signed players from Rotherham, Oxford and Newport.

The squad is crap.
    Ah yes because the players are only ever as good as the club they came from.

Ah yes because the players are only ever as good as the club they came from.
    In this instance it’s quite clear they are.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    In this instance it’s quite clear they are.
    After they have played a few times for us. Ok.

OK

Does anyone trust Dalman, Choo and Tan to make the right appointment if he went?
    There's not an ounce of football sense between them.

Can I ask if any of those defending Neil Warnock in this thread were at last night's match?

I was going to say much the same thing, Bob.

It wasn't just the defeat, it was the lack of a credible idea once we went behind. Thought we started quite well but again a lack of composure in and around the box meant we had nothing to show.

Once we went behind it was as if the team had been told not to be too worried if we lost!

Probably a touch too early to say Neil has "lost the dressing room" but I do think Fulham on Friday might give us an answer to that.

The panic on this forum would suggest a relegation battle.

If we got rid of Warnock we should hire him a week later on a short term contract as there wouldn't be any better for that.
    Not panic here.

I’m just not seeing much in the performances to suggest it can get better, it’s got nothing to do with the results so far.

What, in your opinion of what you have seen of them, makes you think they'll be vital parts of a promotion push? Just curious.