+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Johnson seeks to prorogue Parliament.

Re: Johnson seeks to prorogue Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I am glad you find me intresting enough to follow my posts ,that has perked up from the Luton game .
    Think it is more that they are difficult to avoid and as I age trying to work out what some are on about helps exercise the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Think it is more that they are difficult to avoid and as I age trying to work out what some are on about helps exercise the brain.
    I'm on a roll now , medical advise does suggest helping one exersise the brain as they age too avoid those awful later in life brain illnesses, exercise of said brain is well worth it , I promise to continue helping the aged , with as many posts I can muster .

God speed.

P.M.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    It also takes Randy Andy off the front pages for pitching with underage, vulnerable girls in Chez Epstein.
    They will be gone soon .

According to John McDonnell he is going to send JC to the gates of Buckingham Palace to hand over a note to Madge informing her he is going to form a goverment of unity, with him at the helm . Madge will of course just nod ,as she has with BoJo.

JC will then hop back into his Uber, go to speakers corner at Hyde Park, call for the removal of the monarch and form a republic .

Andrew will be banished to another Island (Lundy ).

Argh, the sunshine paradise appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought this was more your bag:

Is this what Boris meant when he said he was going to unite the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Is this what Boris meant when he said he was going to unite the country?
    I'm sure he knows that , even the biggest fool would reognise this is not unity .

Either is the opposition ludicrous idea of a unity interim government headed up by JC .

Boris knows both the result in 2016 and the countless parliamentary battles since , sees a huge split in the country.

I find this moment equally as ludicrous than that of a JC clutching at straws unite option ,neither man or thier politics are universally liked so how could they unite the country ???

What he is doing thpugh is forcing the issue, and creating perception enough is enough, we can't go on forever with this Brext battle , pehaps Europe /Eire will deliver some form of amendmen to the backstop to get it through, rather use it as a barrier not to leave .

Its best in my humble view to partion off one's political allegiances, and hatred of the Tories , to get Brexit done ,and the dislodge them on issues that matter to us at home .

We are where we are.

I'm sure he knows that , even the biggest fool would reognise this is not unity .

Either is the opposition ludicrous idea of a unity interim government headed up by JC .

Boris knows both the result in 2016 and the countless parliamentary battles since , sees a huge split in the country.

I find this moment equally as ludicrous than that of a JC clutching at straws unite option ,neither man or thier politics are universally liked so how could they unite the country ???

What he is doing thpugh is forcing the issue, and creating perception enough is enough, we can't go on forever with this Brext battle , pehaps Europe /Eire will deliver some form of amendmen to the backstop to get it through, rather use it as a barrier not to leave .

Its best in my humble view to partion off one's political allegiances, and hatred of the Tories , to get Brexit done ,and the dislodge them on issues that matter to us at home .

We are where we are.
    I won't start supporting a bad idea just because it has majority backing. One can still disagree with the notion of brexit and respect the vote. Somebody now needs to deliver on the vote, and I am afraid it is plainly obvious that leaving without a withdrawal agreement doesn't do that.

Talking of political allegiances, I can't help but notice that the majority of your posts contain direct references to political parties and the majority of mine don't.

I won't start supporting a bad idea just because it has majority backing. One can still disagree with the notion of brexit and respect the vote. Somebody now needs to deliver on the vote, and I am afraid it is plainly obvious that leaving without a withdrawal agreement doesn't do that.

Talking of political allegiances, I can't help but notice that the majority of your posts contain direct references to political parties and the majority of mine don't.
    Why is it "plainly obvious"??

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Why is it "plainly obvious"??
    Because most of the debate during the campaign focussed solely on a future that involved leaving with a deal.

Because most of the debate during the campaign focussed solely on a future that involved leaving with a deal.

People say lots of stuff whilst campaigning. There was nothing about a deal on the ballot paper.

I don't know how much anyone is ever influenced by campaigns either. I think they make their own minds up - how many labour voters change their minds and vote conservative , ( or vice versa), because of what people say in the campaign ?

Personally I'd have voted Leave whatever anyone said, which I think is true of most people. It still is and I think you're kidding yourself if you think all this dodgy stalling and endless excuses would help you even if there was a second referrendum.
    What would we do after that, incidentally ? Another few years of bullshit and evasion I suppose.

I followed that campaign , sorry the two things that got very little traction , discusion was the Irish backstop , and leaving with some sort of deal.

The debate was all about emotional stuff such as :

Independence
    Free trade
    Dosh we pay in .
    Making our laws.
    Unelected bureaucratics.
    Cost of runnjng the EEC
    Free movement.
    Fishing quotas.
    Farming subsidies .

And the voting slip did not mention leave or stay with or without a deal .

It appears both the Irish Border and a deal was the remainers back pocket insurance policy if they lost and they are still playing it .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    People say lots of stuff whilst campaigning. There was nothing about a deal on the ballot paper.

I don't know how much anyone is ever influenced by campaigns either. I think they make their own minds up - how many labour voters change their minds and vote conservative , ( or vice versa), because of what people say in the campaign ?

Personally I'd have voted Leave whatever anyone said, which I think is true of most people. It still is and I think you're kidding yourself if you think all this dodgy stalling and endless excuses would help you even if there was a second referrendum.
    What would we do after that, incidentally ? Another few years of bullshit and evasion I suppose.
    There is a worldwide multi billion dollar industry built around political campaigning, to say it has no effect is a bit naive in my view.

I followed that campaign , sorry the two things that got very little traction , discusion was the Irish backstop , and leaving with some sort of deal.

Independence
    Free trade
    Dosh we pay in .
    Making our laws.
    Unelected bureaucratics.
    Cost of runnjng the EEC
    Free movement.
    Fishing quotas.
    Farming subsidies .

It appears both the Irish Border and a deal was the remainers back pocket insurance policy if they lost and they are still playing it .
    Those were the topics discussed but it was consistently stated that these were things we would just be able to pick and choose with little downside or consequence.

'The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want'

The path people were thinking of when they ticked that box was one which involved spending millions of pounds to try to prevent shortages of medicines and food? It was one where we still don't appear to have decided whether EU citizens who have been here for years can stay in the longer term? It was one where the pound has tanked and businesses that import from the EU are closing down or moving?

I don't believe that for one second but if they did then fair play they are ****ing mental and should be locked in a padded room. Who would choose this?

For what it's worth I think this is probably games from Boris and he has no intention of leaving without a deal.

For what it's worth I think this is probably games from Boris and he has no intention of leaving without a deal.
    I'm not so sure Eric. It seems certain that there will be an election in the not too distant future, and the only way I can see the Tories avoiding a kicking by the Brexit party is by making a really hard Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I'm not so sure Eric. It seems certain that there will be an election in the not too distant future, and the only way I can see the Tories avoiding a kicking by the Brexit party is by making a really hard Brexit.
    Or being forced into an election by those bloody remainers which I think might be the plan. Or maybe all is as it seems and this no deal pressure is because he genuinely thinks he can get a meaningful allowance from the EU.

In a post hard brexit election Boris gets mauled I think. Who actually votes for him? The British public are notoriously good at revising their position historically and pretending they didn't want or vote for that big thing that went wrong. Tory remainers will be ****ing done with the party and he will have served his purpose to the leavers who aren't traditional conservatives.

I think he needs an election before leaving and needs to keep as much of the brexit party support as he can.

Or maybe he has gone wrong in the head and actively wants no deal.

Or being forced into an election by those bloody remainers which I think might be the plan. Or maybe all is as it seems and this no deal pressure is because he genuinely thinks he can get a meaningful allowance from the EU.

In a post hard brexit election Boris gets mauled I think. Who actually votes for him? The British public are notoriously good at revising their position historically and pretending they didn't want or vote for that big thing that went wrong. Tory remainers will be ****ing done with the party and he will have served his purpose to the leavers who aren't traditional conservatives.

I think he needs an election before leaving and needs to keep as much of the brexit party support as he can.

Or maybe he has gone wrong in the head and actively wants no deal.
    It's a ducking mess, is what it is.

Politics will never be the same

It's a ducking mess, is what it is.

Politics will never be the same
    It's true. No matter what happens now the country will remain divided and likely bits of it will fall off the map.

It's true. No matter what happens now the country will remain divided and likely bits of it will fall off the map.
    If we leave it'll all settle down within a while and people will like the outcomes. If we somehow don't though, it will get worse and we'll face serious civil disorder or worse because historically nationalist and independence movement never go away once they've reached a certain popularity

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    If we leave it'll all settle down within a while and people will like the outcomes. If we somehow don't though, it will get worse and we'll face serious civil disorder or worse because historically nationalist and independence movement never go away once they've reached a certain popularity
    Project Fear

There is a worldwide multi billion dollar industry built around political campaigning, to say it has no effect is a bit naive in my view.

Lots of industries are built on bullshit. The democrats outspent Donald Trump many times over but it didn't work.
    In the matter of whether people wanted to be in the EU, I think most people knew what they intended to vote from the outset and if all the endless bullshit of project fear didn't change their minds I doubt whether anything Boris Johnson said did either.

I mean, everyone knew and still knows that he's not genuine in his beliefs on the matter, but decided to support Leave because he correctly worked out that we'd win. If Gary Lineker had promised ice cream or whiskey running from the taps if we voted to Remain I wouldn't have changed my mind and I doubt whether many people would have.

We are where we are.
    The perfect option, but we need a new political that is neither left of right, and which operates at the grassroots level.

Nothing happens by accident.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Project Fear
    Brilliant.

Heisenberg

Independence
    Free trade
    Dosh we pay in .
    Making our laws.
    Unelected bureaucratics.
    Cost of runnjng the EEC
    Free movement.
    Fishing quotas.
    Farming subsidies .

That's a great point... and it would actually make sense if 'the remainers' who called the referendum stuck around to play their insurance policy after they lost, instead of f**king off in an instant and leaving others to pick up the shit that they'd left behind.

Not much of an 'insurance policy' after all, is it?