+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dean Saunders jailed

Dean Saunders jailed

Former Liverpool striker Dean Saunders, 55, has been jailed for 10 weeks at Chester Magistrates’ Courts after pleading guilty to failing to comply with a roadside breath test and failing to provide a breath sample for analysis

I actually like listening to him on TalkSport (or I did)

Re: Dean Saunders jailed

The Welshman's defence had earlier told the court that Saunders refused to provide a breath sample as he suffers from asthma, and the two drinks my have 'interacted' with the medication.

Imagine if he’d caused a fatal accident. Absolute idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Former Liverpool striker Dean Saunders, 55, has been jailed for 10 weeks at Chester Magistrates’ Courts after pleading guilty to failing to comply with a roadside breath test and failing to provide a breath sample for analysis

I actually like listening to him on TalkSport (or I did)
    He'll be back on TalkSport, Alan Brazil hasn't been sober for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He'll be back on TalkSport, Alan Brazil hasn't been sober for decades.
    Brazil hasn't done time though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Not squeaky clean though, is he !!!

Having retired from English league football aged 27 due to injury, for several years in the 1990s Brazil ran the Black Adder pub in Ipswich.[15] This business venture failed and Brazil was declared bankrupt.[15]

A fan of horse racing, in 2003 he formed the Alan Brazil Racing Club based at Newmarket near to his home in Suffolk.[16] In 2006 Brazil published a book co-written with Mike Parry called There's an Awful Lot of Bubbly in Brazil.[17] This was followed in 2007 by Both Barrels from Brazil: My War Against the Numpties, again co-written with Parry.[18]

In September 2007, Brazil was arrested near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk on suspicion of drink-driving.[19] He was convicted, banned from driving for 20 months, and given a £750 fine, as well as being ordered to pay £450 compensation to the court.[20]

In 2011, Brazil brought out a range of bar nuts named 'Alan Brazil's Nuts', a play on Brazil nuts. The packages have barcodes readable by smartphones for accessing Talksport-related media. The nuts are produced at an Intersnack factory in Haverhill, Suffolk, with profits going to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. Robson, who died from cancer in 2009, was Brazil's manager at Ipswich. The range of salted and dry roasted peanuts was due to be extende

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306MpG3YSyE

How he got away with that, I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not squeaky clean though, is he !!!

Having retired from English league football aged 27 due to injury, for several years in the 1990s Brazil ran the Black Adder pub in Ipswich.[15] This business venture failed and Brazil was declared bankrupt.[15]

A fan of horse racing, in 2003 he formed the Alan Brazil Racing Club based at Newmarket near to his home in Suffolk.[16] In 2006 Brazil published a book co-written with Mike Parry called There's an Awful Lot of Bubbly in Brazil.[17] This was followed in 2007 by Both Barrels from Brazil: My War Against the Numpties, again co-written with Parry.[18]

In September 2007, Brazil was arrested near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk on suspicion of drink-driving.[19] He was convicted, banned from driving for 20 months, and given a £750 fine, as well as being ordered to pay £450 compensation to the court.[20]

In 2011, Brazil brought out a range of bar nuts named 'Alan Brazil's Nuts', a play on Brazil nuts. The packages have barcodes readable by smartphones for accessing Talksport-related media. The nuts are produced at an Intersnack factory in Haverhill, Suffolk, with profits going to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. Robson, who died from cancer in 2009, was Brazil's manager at Ipswich. The range of salted and dry roasted peanuts was due to be extende
    He does talk about drinking a lot which is a tad tedious at times, but of a alco bore no doubt. Shocked to hear about Deano, quite like listening to him but to refuse a test means he’s just a dickhead really. Hmmmm...jail or a breathtest? Tough choice huh?

TBF there’s a lot of people in the public eye with a worse record the drink driving.

Hardly a reason to dismiss someone.

10 weeks = 5 Week bang up maybe he can reflect on his comments about us Cardiff fans during the minutes silence for the Leicester chairman.

How hasn’t Alan Brazil exploded 4B4CC91F-2085-4586-B927-0A24F66EB29C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    10 weeks = 5 Week bang up maybe he can reflect on his comments about us Cardiff fans during the minutes silence for the Leicester chairman.
    What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    What did he say?
    Suggested that we might not adhere to the moments silence at Leicester’s first fixture after the tragedy.

Find him irritating comes across as thick and trying too hard to be funny

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    How hasn’t Alan Brazil exploded 4B4CC91F-2085-4586-B927-0A24F66EB29C.jpg
    Oh dear me what a sight

Good enough for the unfunny lying kent...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tingham-forest

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306MpG3YSyE

How he got away with that, I'll never know.
    You forgot to say "With the greatest respect....."