+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowley brothers please - Lincoln Cup updates

Cowley brothers please - Lincoln Cup updates

I came away from the last away game of the season very optimistic about our prospects this season.

Yes we had been relegated but were far more competitive than the previous premier league season. We had just played some attacking football with Reid Murphy Mendez Lang and Zohore playing with freedom.
    On the bus home from Machester I was hoping that Warnock would go and he could leave with our gratitude and a 2-0 win over Man Utd as his farewell.
    But it was clear to me he had to go and we needed a someone to change our style. I would love to have seen the Cowley brothers from Lincoln appointed and asked to develop a squad playing the type of football we had just witnessed. They should have been given the brief of change our style and try to make that successful over a couple of years. After all we had the basis of a squad which with a few additions of the right type could have moved us on.

Instead we had a disasterous transfer window and in the Reid or Warnock debate Im afraid we lost the wrong man. He could have been the future Warnock clearly wont be.
    What I witnessed last night and over the previous 5 games proves I was right. We are playing hoofball and the next manager will have great difficulty making anything of this squad of players.
    Oh for the Cowley brothers and some football!!!!

Re: Cowley brothers please

What sort of football do they play?

How do they set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Blue View Post
    Oh for the Cowley brothers and some football!!!!
    Lincoln are a long-ball team.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Lincoln are a long-ball team.
    This is why I asked my 2 questions in my post, because we hear a name thrown about them it seems to be the go to choice for people (not all of them knowing what they are getting)

Is there really any point getting another long ball manager in?

Seen few people mention them, personally don't think I'd heard of them. That doesnt mean anything but I'm surprised there are so many lower league connoisseurs amongst us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Seen few people mention them, personally don't think I'd heard of them. That doesnt mean anything but I'm surprised there are so many lower league connoisseurs amongst us.
    My guess is it’s like when we get linked with a player, that player then becomes the only player we should ever sign in that position and is mentioned every thread during the window. But 3 people out of the 68484 online know who they are.

My guess is that we will see this name pop up all season until we get a new manager, probably by people wanting a change in style, not realising he plays long ball the same as the current manager.

So desperate for a change we’ll champion anyone.

Why would they leave a successful Championship bound club, which is moulded & established around them for Cardiff?

(tongue in cheek) their League Cup crowd tonight will dwarf the paltry 4,000 at CCS last night

Better the devil you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Why would they leave a successful Championship bound club, which is moulded & established around them for Cardiff?

(tongue in cheek) their League Cup crowd tonight will dwarf the paltry 4,000 at CCS last night

Better the devil you know!
    See they play on sky later v Everton. Priced at 7/1 it has to be worth a fiver given all the recommendations for them.

By half 9 I expect to be richer but more importantly entertained.

See they play on sky later v Everton. Priced at 7/1 it has to be worth a fiver given all the recommendations for them.

By half 9 I expect to be richer but more importantly entertained.
    Sharp intake of breath! A fiver! A few coins maybe!

I don't think Lincoln are exclusively a long ball team, I've seen them play some decent stuff.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/he...sis-statistics

We should be setting our sights higher than the Cowley brothers or Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    We should be setting our sights higher than the Cowley brothers or Flynn
    Successful managers in the Championship recently have been i) friend of a super-agent ii) Neil Warnock iii) paid for on massive wages iv) German reserve manager v) manager taking his team up through the leagues with him vi) manager taking steps up from the lower leagues.

What's worked recently, and is realistic at this club, is promoting the right manager working within a club or finding the manager from the lower leagues ready to take the step up.

The way we have to chase down possession why don't we try the Brownlee Brothers instead?

Cowley brothers Lincoln City have just taken the lead v Everton after 20 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't think Lincoln are exclusively a long ball team, I've seen them play some decent stuff.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/he...sis-statistics
    I wish we still played like the write up they did of us in our promotion year (I think) they went off the first 5 games when we tore teams apart. Them were the days..literally days.

Sack the Everton manager. Lincoln have had 87 percent possession in 15 minutes of play.

What a strike by Lincoln.

2-2

72 mins

Re: Cowley brothers please - Lincoln Cup updates

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What a strike by Lincoln.

2-2

72 mins
    How are they playing?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How are they playing?
    with heart and effort.

FT 2 - 4 but they had a go

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How are they playing?
    As you would expect against a team of superior quality. Made it as difficult as possible for Everton. Physical and well organised but also got numbers forward when they could.

Meh. 29% and 3 shots on target. Mostly hopeful long balls to the big man upfront.

Knowing Emperor Tan and his advisors we'll end up with the Chuckle Brothers.

Meh. 29% and 3 shots on target. Mostly hopeful long balls to the big man upfront.
    Sounds like our performance against Everton last season tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Sounds like our performance against Everton last season tbf
    I'm sure better players would have helped but I didn't see much attempt to play beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Knowing Emperor Tan and his advisors we'll end up with the Chuckle Brothers.
    From you to me