+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Better off out of the cup"

"Better off out of the cup"

I'm hearing this year after year from fellow supporters.

The same supporters that were man-hugging strangers when Ben Turner scored that goal at Wembley!

Maybe, IF we get to another final, we should only ask for £4,111 tickets?

Play to win every game, keep a winning side, make players fight to get in the side, make the fans proud !

Re: "Better off out of the cup"

It's embarrassing, I'm a Cardiff City addict, 51 years down the City, I've spent more money following City than I did buying my house, yet I didn't even realise that City we're playing last night until around 8:30! I cannot remember that ever happening before!

Gone are the days of 50+ game seasons. We may as well offer the opposition a bye!

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

The same supporters that were man-hugging strangers when Ben Turner scored that goal at Wembley!

Play to win every game, keep a winning side, make players fight to get in the side, make the fans proud !
    I'm not paying £4k to watch a football match

Not sure why i put a £ sign in there ��

I normally say when paying for match tickets football fans shouldn't ever get refunded because they always know there is the chance of a loss.

But anyone paying for that last night deserves a refund, zero effort made by anyone at the club.

Some of my sons earliest memories of watching Cardiff are those of the League Cup and Wembley in 2012.
    Weve watched most home cup games since that season (missed yesterday as we're away) but its such a shame that the club are do negative towards both competitions these days.

Well said, winning games becomes good habit, losing games is a bad habit.

Granted you are right, the club also respected the cup competitions a lot more then... so the fans did and took them a lot more seriously. Unfortunately that is not the case now. Why pay for what is essentially under Warnock, a glorified friendly?

It’s an absolute load of bollox. If we were a top team who also had European football then yes I could understand it being a distraction, but for the rest of the clubs we should be giving it a go. It’s unlikely a championship club going to have a long run in both tournaments.

By all means give a few reserves a games but give us some sort of chance. Another line up cobbled together with square pegs in holes.

It hasn’t just been a case of going out in cup tournaments either, the performances and way we have gone out of them has been absolutely dire.

You couldn’t tell who was the league 1 team and who was premier league against Gillingham earlier this year.

But, people just buy into any old bollocks that Warnock spouts. It’s almost cult like.

His blasé attitude about the defeat last night was typical and to be honest it didn’t surprise, after all, this is the guy who once said he couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed for a cup game we lost.

Personally I think it’s an insult to those hardcore supporters who pay their hard earned money going to these games.

Someone needs to have a word with 'Pep' he doesn't seem to be getting the message.

Well said. It’s sickening enough that the club feels this way, let alone when the bloody ‘fans’ think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Well said. It’s sickening enough that the club feels this way, let alone when the bloody ‘fans’ think the same.
    Warnock has got some fans eating out of the palm of his hand.

He can say or do anything and they will blindly follow him.

Since promotion it’s been all about him. He wanted one last bash at the Premier League. He wanted one last bash at promotion. He loves taking all the credit but you won’t see him taking any of the blame.

We are heading back to where we were when he took over. Full circle, a team struggling in the championship with an overpaid unbalanced squad, but people are burying their heads in the sand because of his performance 2 seasons ago. We could get relegated and people will stay say he should be allowed to go on his terms, he’s earned it, just because of an unexpected promotion a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Someone needs to have a word with 'Pep' he doesn't seem to be getting the message.
    The greatest achievement in our history was winning the FACup in 1927, we even have a Statue of our Captain Fred Keenor outside our stadium commemorating that great achievement.
    Last night was just an embarrassment to everyone who supports the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It's embarrassing, I'm a Cardiff City addict, 51 years down the City, I've spent more money following City than I did buying my house, yet I didn't even realise that City we're playing last night until around 8:30! I cannot remember that ever happening before!

Gone are the days of 50+ game seasons. We may as well offer the opposition a bye!
    I messaged a few of my mates (ST holders), who also had no idea we had a game last night.

Draw coming up to find out what we could have won

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who’s pep? Guardiola? 3 years in England he’s won 1 FA Cup and 2 league cups.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Who’s pep? Guardiola? 3 years in England he’s won 1 FA Cup and 2 league cups.
    Exactly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Draw coming up to find out what we could have won
    Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Leicester.
    More money down the drain, attractive home game against Premier League Leicester!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Gosh that is sad and perhaps as you say a sign of the times

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Exactly.....
    They could field different sides for the cups and Premiership and go close to winning them all .

Its about the money now, and what it buys you .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s an absolute load of bollox. If we were a top team who also had European football then yes I could understand it being a distraction, but for the rest of the clubs we should be giving it a go. It’s unlikely a championship club going to have a long run in both tournaments.

By all means give a few reserves a games but give us some sort of chance. Another line up cobbled together with square pegs in holes.

It hasn’t just been a case of going out in cup tournaments either, the performances and way we have gone out of them has been absolutely dire.

You couldn’t tell who was the league 1 team and who was premier league against Gillingham earlier this year.

But, people just buy into any old bollocks that Warnock spouts. It’s almost cult like.

His blasé attitude about the defeat last night was typical and to be honest it didn’t surprise, after all, this is the guy who once said he couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed for a cup game we lost.

Personally I think it’s an insult to those hardcore supporters who pay their hard earned money going to these games.
    Well said 👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Some of my sons earliest memories of watching Cardiff are those of the League Cup and Wembley in 2012.
    Your son's a glory hunter mate. And don't give me any "he was only 5" I don't want to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Your son's a glory hunter mate. And don't give me any "he was only 5" I don't want to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post