+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Better off out of the cup"

Re: "Better off out of the cup"

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I attended every game in our FA cup run that we lost to Portsmouth. Very few can say that. We got lucky a couple of times. Hereford away for one. Chasetown too.
    Middlesborough away our greatest ever game. In my lifetime. Ask anyone that was there.
    I think the cup momentum builds. But is it important?

As for our draw with Liverpool in the league cup final. Well that year we gave it a real go.
    But if like me you witnessed our away win at Oxford in the first game that year you will realise what a lottery the cup is.
    Finalists. Watching that game you would have laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I attended every game in our FA cup run that we lost to Portsmouth. Very few can say that. We got lucky a couple of times. Hereford away for one. Chasetown too.
    Middlesborough away our greatest ever game. In my lifetime. Ask anyone that was there.
    I think the cup momentum builds. But is it important?

As for our draw with Liverpool in the league cup final. Well that year we gave it a real go.
    But if like me you witnessed our away win at Oxford in the first game that year you will realise what a lottery the cup is.
    Finalists. Watching that game you would have laughed.
    I was at Oxford with splott parker and a bunch of fellow Splotties, in fact we attended the entire run right up to the final, but like you said that evening at Oxford as nice as it was and as welcoming as they were nobody in the City end expected to end up at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I'm hearing this year after year from fellow supporters.

The same supporters that were man-hugging strangers when Ben Turner scored that goal at Wembley!

Maybe, IF we get to another final, we should only ask for £4,111 tickets?

Play to win every game, keep a winning side, make players fight to get in the side, make the fans proud !
    Two great cup runs, bringing lots of money into the club. Now it's like we're Billy Big Bollocks' passing off two cup competitions that have been kind to us over many years, and claiming we have more important things. Bullshit.

"Better off out of the cup."

You could imagine Scoular saying that one. I think not.

StT.
    <><