+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The death of the ability to hold a civilised discussion

Re: The death of the ability to hold a civilised discussion

Thirded, he posts way too much way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Hope he has more luck than me (I refer to my other thread)
    What???? You haven’t got the fist out yet? 😱😱😱

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Some of the stuff here is truly depressing , but on the positive side, at least the question has been raised.
    I think it shows that football can be viewed on different levels and it's a good thing that it's therefore a thing which a wide range of people can enjoy. Maybe the lesson is that you shouldn't expect too much from some of them because you'll be dissapointed if you expect much intelligence or any concept of manners.

I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Just bore off you arsehole

Yeah, well there you go. You think it's okay to say stuff like that and it's not. I'm sure that you know no better, and that's probably not your fault, but then you'll wonder why some people don't talk to you or take what you say seriously.

I said above that it's depressing, and I meant that it's depressing to see people degrade themselves in the way you just did. I honestly don't know what you think you'll achieve by that.

Yeah, well there you go. You think it's okay to say stuff like that and it's not. I'm sure that you know no better, and that's probably not your fault, but then you'll wonder why some people don't talk to you or take what you say seriously.

I said above that it's depressing, and I meant that it's depressing to see people degrade themselves in the way you just did. I honestly don't know what you think you'll achieve by that.
    AMAZING. You read and replied to that but had nothing when I asked a serious question (debated you)

How’s the transfer committee and academy in the club Neil’s ripped up and saved in 3 years?

You will answer to abuse because you love the drama. I’ve worked you out.

Does getting one over on the board intellectual make me an intellectual by default?

Is the question too hard Ron?

You seem to be able to type till your fingers go sore when you want to, but can’t seem to find a reply for my point I’m trying to debate with you, while you cry about people not debating.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Funny how the red-themed names have disappeared.....
    That was poor form. Fans taunting fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That was poor form. Fans taunting fans.
    The dark days don’t half make you appreciate the good times though. To come through that & get another promotion so rapid was something else. Was a bit of an ambition of mine to see the City in blue in the top flight having missed the last time by one season.
    Anyway Tuerto, it’s good to see baseball in the news again, I remember Paddy Hennesey Irish bowler but I can’t for the life of me place the Irish backstop who’s in the news all the time now.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    AMAZING. You read and replied to that but had nothing when I asked a serious question (debated you)

How’s the transfer committee and academy in the club Neil’s ripped up and saved in 3 years?

You will answer to abuse because you love the drama. I’ve worked you out.

No, that's not true. I just missed your question I'm sorry.

I'm not sure what you're saying - that the youth program is failing to produce much ? Yes that's perfectly true , but how you'd improve it I've no idea because it's outside my experience or knowledge . I think it's also true that Sir Neil mistrusts the idea of taking chances by giving kids a chance ,which is fair comment.

The transfer committee - well that's harder to gauge. We've certainly made a few bad buys and spent money on players who haven't worked out, but not half as many as the bigger clubs . The biggest problem is the shortage of suitable recruits I'd say, and I also think we've done good business for the future this year - I'd have to say that they've overdone the 'future talent ' thing though, and it's proving hard for some of them to step up.
    Personally I'd have gone for more established and experienced players and I've said so here, but it was a really difficult thing to have to replace the whole midfield and striker roles in one go. That's the problem you see - continuity. All the ingredients are there, and strength in depth for a league with so many games, but it's just a question of getting them to function together as a machine.

No, that's not true. I just missed your question I'm sorry.

I'm not sure what you're saying - that the youth program is failing to produce much ? Yes that's perfectly true , but how you'd improve it I've no idea because it's outside my experience or knowledge . I think it's also true that Sir Neil mistrusts the idea of taking chances by giving kids a chance ,which is fair comment.

The transfer committee - well that's harder to gauge. We've certainly made a few bad buys and spent money on players who haven't worked out, but not half as many as the bigger clubs . The biggest problem is the shortage of suitable recruits I'd say, and I also think we've done good business for the future this year - I'd have to say that they've overdone the 'future talent ' thing though, and it's proving hard for some of them to step up.
    Personally I'd have gone for more established and experienced players and I've said so here, but it was a really difficult thing to have to replace the whole midfield and striker roles in one go. That's the problem you see - continuity. All the ingredients are there, and strength in depth for a league with so many games, but it's just a question of getting them to function together as a machine.
    You said Neil sorted the club too to bottom.

What has he done (sorted out top to bottom) to address the academy?

Well, as I said, if you're asking me about the academy I really know nothing on the subject, although I think poor old Craig Bellamy might have caused some stuff there which might have messed it up.
    I do know though that people in all departments within the club have commented that Sir Neil has drawn them together and mended fences in a way that has got them all pulling in the same direction and, despite some of the recent moaning on this board, that's been reflected on the field with success .

The other night someone reminded me of a first division game against Spurs in 1961 which I saw, and since that time I've seen the club go through some pretty hopeless times, so I tend to regard the definite although gradual progress we've seen in the last couple of years with this manager as pretty good, and I don't want too see us retreat back into the wilderness of being occasionally brilliant but mostly average, or stepping back into mediocrity by chasing some romantic but ultimately frustrating dream of entertaining football instead of using a system.

Well, as I said, if you're asking me about the academy I really know nothing on the subject, although I think poor old Craig Bellamy might have caused some stuff there which might have messed it up.
    I do know though that people in all departments within the club have commented that Sir Neil has drawn them together and mended fences in a way that has got them all pulling in the same direction and, despite some of the recent moaning on this board, that's been reflected on the field with success .

The other night someone reminded me of a first division game against Spurs in 1961 which I saw, and since that time I've seen the club go through some pretty hopeless times, so I tend to regard the definite although gradual progress we've seen in the last couple of years with this manager as pretty good, and I don't want too see us retreat back into the wilderness of being occasionally brilliant but mostly average, or stepping back into mediocrity by chasing some romantic but ultimately frustrating dream of entertaining football instead of using a system.
    I read up to “I know nothing about it”

How can you say that Warnock has sorted the club top to bottom then?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The dark days don’t half make you appreciate the good times though. To come through that & get another promotion so rapid was something else. Was a bit of an ambition of mine to see the City in blue in the top flight having missed the last time by one season.
    Anyway Tuerto, it’s good to see baseball in the news again, I remember Paddy Hennesey Irish bowler but I can’t for the life of me place the Irish backstop who’s in the news all the time now.
    Fair play Splott, i'll be using that one on Monday in work On another note, was our form of baseball brought over and made poular by irish immigrant? I only ask because it only seems that Liverpool and Cardiff (both ports with quite alot of Irish diaspora) seem to play the sport.