+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Sam says

Big Sam says

Re: Big Sam says

Shock horror. One greedy hoof ball merchant defends another. Then turns into a bragging exercise of how good he is. Nauseating read.

What does Dean Saunders say?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    What does Dean Saunders say?
    *hiccup*

We have one system

We have one way of playing

We are predictable

So I’m not really sure what he’s getting at there.

He's right.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We have one system

We are predictable

He’s always hard done by Big Sam. Always moaning he should get more credit. Another fossil who should be put out to pasture.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s always hard done by Big Sam. Always moaning he should get more credit. Another fossil who should be put out to pasture.
    He bangs on about his teams having all of those things, being able to do this do that, but Neil’s can’t. So I don’t get his rambling.

I'm not sure Sam has watched us play if that article is anything to go by.

Training players to adapt? The chance would be a fine thing. I've seen less limited Subbutteo figures than some of our players and some/most of those brought in by The Untouchable One.

We have one system

We are predictable

It may be coming up to a year ago but we played a very different system against Wolves at home and, more recently, against Man United away. This year we've played 5 league games and only kept the same 11 once. We may be largely predictable but we do have some variation, be that personal or formation.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Shock horror. One greedy hoof ball merchant defends another. Then turns into a bragging exercise of how good he is. Nauseating read.
    That man was given the England job in 2016, ****ing unbelievable to even contemplate that now isn'r it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That man was given the England job in 2016, ****ing unbelievable to even contemplate that now isn'r it?
    I couldn't get over the fact they gave it to him. They spent millions on their England DNA project then put a ****ing dinosaur at the top of the pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me the FA were involved in that sting to set him up once they realised what an idiotic appointment it was.

I think he has a point. Allardyce might be an arrogant Kent, but actually his Bolton teams were better than given credit for and some variety is desirable, not all teams can play like Pep’s teams.

However, his support of Warnock seems a little disingenuous, it’s in his interest to champion British managers, but let’s be honest Neil is light years behind Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It may be coming up to a year ago but we played a very different system against Wolves at home and, more recently, against Man United away. This year we've played 5 league games and only kept the same 11 once. We may be largely predictable but we do have some variation, be that personal or formation.
    5 games at the start of that season doesn’t count, because we will never play like that again under Warnock.

Stopped reading after the “Nathan knows f’all” intro. Seriously, if his criteria is that anyone who hasn’t managed cannot have an opinion, I’m not interested in his thoughts on the matter.

He is basically calling all football fans feckin’ idiots....because that’s what Blake is, a fan (and a former professional) giving an opinion that is, anyone with a brain, a realistic statement.

It WILL take the next manager some time to establish a more modern way of thinking about football at the club. Maybe it’ll take 2 or 3 years, not 4. If the next manager is interested in developing young, local players he’s going to have to start from scratch.

Anyone who tries to shut someone down like that is feckin clown if you ask me.

We have one system

We are predictable

But so predictable we got 90 points 2 years ago and almost stayed up last season? Doesn’t quite add up....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    But so predictable we got 90 points 2 years ago and almost stayed up last season? Doesn’t quite add up....
    But it is predictable.

We go down the wings.

Throwing his hat in to the ring at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Throwing his hat in to the ring at the end of the season
    Oh god I hope not. We have had enough dodgy transfer deals already without handing over the reins to the king of the dodgy deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Oh god I hope not. We have had enough dodgy transfer deals already without handing over the reins to the king of the dodgy deal.
    With ‘Arry (and his dog) as director of football.

..... I decided to read on till I got to " he got Cardiff promoted with one of the lowest budgets in the league" . Bullshit.

We were 15th highest spenders at around 20 million. The guys a fecking liar.

Also, what has that got to do with Blake's statement. It doesn't disprove it.

I wish people would stop refering to how we "almost stayed up". We got relegated. Everyone said we would get relegated and we did.

My favourite is this though:

"If you throw a ball out to the full-back and it goes under his foot for a throw-in, then you throw the ball out to him again and the same thing happens, do you continue to flog the same dead horse?"

Could the same be said of booting or throwing the ball upfield to no one in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I wish people would stop refering to how we "almost stayed up". We got relegated. Everyone said we would get relegated and we did.

My favourite is this though:

"If you throw a ball out to the full-back and it goes under his foot for a throw-in, then you throw the ball out to him again and the same thing happens, do you continue to flog the same dead horse?"

Could the same be said of booting or throwing the ball upfield to no one in particular?
    Of course, but I think the theory is that you’re less likely to concede a goal if the ball is 60+ yards from your own goal.

It’s dull and awful to watch but there are a bunch of managers who have built their reputation on that sort of approach.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I couldn't get over the fact they gave it to him. They spent millions on their England DNA project then put a ****ing dinosaur at the top of the pyramid.
    But he had a 100% win record !!!