+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do players Improve under Warnock?

Do players Improve under Warnock?

I can't think of any apart from Etheridge and Zohore initially, after that who has kicked on during his tenure? I wouldn't say that he makes players worse although he certainly doesn't refine their ability due to the way he plays. If players don't improve then things either stay the same if we're lucky or they go backwards especially if the a squad isn't improved, what are peoples thoughts.

Re: Do players Improve under Warnock?

I’m sure some more have improved but certainly nowhere the amount of players who seem to have got worse.

You only have to look at his record of signing players and not using them. I appreciate not all signings work but it’s alarming the amount of players we’ve signed in the last 4 windows who can’t get in the team or are not very good.

Joe Ralls has to be fair

Do we need all these new threads about Warnock. Could we keep them all to one or two.

Getting ridiculous. You would think we were about to be relegated the amount of bandwagon jumping going on.

Paddy Kenny .
    Clyne

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Do we need all these new threads about Warnock. Could we keep them all to one or two.

Getting ridiculous. You would think we were about to be relegated the amount of bandwagon jumping going on.
    Shock horror. New threads on a football forum.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Shock horror. New threads on a football forum.
    Another hour another Warnock bashing thread when there's already plenty. Nothing wrong with the content, if that's your thing, but I don't get why it needs another when there's plenty discussing him already.

Another hour another Warnock bashing thread when there's already plenty. Nothing wrong with the content, if that's your thing, but I don't get why it needs another when there's plenty discussing him already.
    Start some positive ones to combat it if they get you that wound up.

Tell us all about his plan B when plan A (if there is one) goes t!ts up and what it entails.

In response to the OP I think he initially improves players by getting into their heads and motivating them but many revert to type when the novelty wears off as seen with Zohore.

I'm asking a genuine football question, i'm not insulting him or getting personal. I am critical of him and was during our promotion season as well. I've also given him credit when it has been deserved.

It’s a completely separate topic. Does he improve players?

Surely the purpose of football message boards to discuss different football topics, especially ones that concern your own club?

Why don’t you start a topic if you feel so strongly against the ones currently on offer?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Start some positive ones to combat it if they get you that wound up.

Tell us all about his plan B when plan A (if there is one) goes t!ts up and what it entails.

In response to the OP I think he initially improves players by getting into their heads and motivating them but many revert to type when the novelty wears off as seen with Zohore.
    Hardly much point in any positive threads right now, be ruined within minutes. Anyway I'm far from wound up, the thread content is fine, I just don't see why we can't all contribute to one or two longer threads

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s a completely separate topic. Does he improve players?

Surely the purpose of football message boards to discuss different football topics, especially ones that concern your own club?

Why don’t you start a topic if you feel so strongly against the ones currently on offer?
    My post wasn't even critical, i'm just asking a question and giving an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm asking a genuine football question, i'm not insulting him or getting personal. I am critical of him and was during our promotion season as well. I've also given him credit when it has been deserved.
    Not a problem with it really, there's certainly an anti Warnock vibe atm but it's a forum so go for it. I just don't see how it couldn't have blended nicely into one of the others. They hardly all stick to the op anyway.

Least yours is about Warnock, in a Warnock thread it would have gone nicely.

Hardly much point in any positive threads right now, be ruined within minutes. Anyway I'm far from wound up, the thread content is fine, I just don't see why we can't all contribute to one or two longer threads
    I understand your point but we could probably do that with loads of the football content on here, it sort of rolls into one.

They're all separate topics though surely?

How can you lump 'Do players improve under Warnock?' in with 'Does Warnock have a plan B?' or something of that nature? It wouldn't flow and would be all over the shop reply wise.

Not a problem with it really, there's certainly an anti Warnock vibe atm but it's a forum so go for it. I just don't see how it couldn't have blended nicely into one of the others. They hardly all stick to the op anyway.

Least yours is about Warnock, in a Warnock thread it would have gone nicely.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    They're all separate topics though surely?

How can you lump 'Do players improve under Warnock?' in with 'Does Warnock have a plan B?' or something of that nature? It wouldn't flow and would be all over the shop reply wise.
    But it basically all comes to the same point, it's all about Warnock, most of them all go off on a tangent anyway.

Other forums manage to get by with far far fewer threads.

The op wasn't being particularly critical but this one will morph into that soon enough, there's plenty of it on here already. Meh maybe I'm just being a miserable bastard.

Do we need all these new threads about Warnock.
    Do you need to keep contributing to all these threads about Warnock?

But it basically all comes to the same point, it's all about Warnock, most of them all go off on a tangent anyway.

Other forums manage to get by with far far fewer threads.

The op wasn't being particularly critical but this one will morph into that soon enough, there's plenty of it on here already. Meh maybe I'm just being a miserable bastard.
    But even if i am being critical that's fine, isn't it?

I can't think of any apart from Etheridge and Zohore initially, after that who has kicked on during his tenure? I wouldn't say that he makes players worse although he certainly doesn't refine their ability due to the way he plays. If players don't improve then things either stay the same if we're lucky or they go backwards especially if the a squad isn't improved, what are peoples thoughts.
    How about Morrison? Would it be fair to say he improved under Warnock? Personally, I think he looked better in 2017/18 under Warnock than he did in any previous season at City and he didn't disgrace himself last season either.

He's looked pretty ropey this season, but maybe it's one season too many for him and 2017/18 was his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you need to keep contributing to all these threads about Warnock?
    Haha. Why not? What the forum is for. I'd prefer to post on fewer threads though. Not because it's particularly an arduous job to post on them but it just keeps the forum cleaner.

How about Morrison? Would it be fair to say he improved under Warnock? Personally, I think he looked better in 2017/18 under Warnock than he did in any previous season at City and he didn't disgrace himself last season either.

He's looked pretty ropey this season, but maybe it's one season too many for him and 2017/18 was his peak.
    Agreed, I think this is a little like Warnock himself, one season too many. Everything has its time.

Haha. Why not? What the forum is for. I'd prefer to post on fewer threads though. Not because it's particularly an arduous job to post on them but it just keeps the forum cleaner.
    It just amuses me to see people complaining about the content of a thread while contributing to it, therefore keeping it active. Happens all the time.

But even if i am being critical that's fine, isn't it?
    Of course, each to their own mate, wasn't really a dig at you. The knives are out though and fewer threads might be easier for people to keep up with, maybe not.

A loss on Friday would mean a full page of it.

It just amuses me to see people complaining about the content of a thread while contributing to it, therefore keeping it active. Happens all the time.
    Content is fine, don't agree with it all but it's fine, I just think most of these threads could go onto ones that are currently open. Maybe just me.