+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How many cup games have we won since Wembley 2012 v Liverpool?

How many cup games have we won since Wembley 2012 v Liverpool?

Off the top of my head we have been knocked out of the cups 13 or 14 times since then. Nothing unusual about that number as all teams will have been.

But how many games have we won? It’s not a trick question I genuinely can’t think!

Re: How many cup games have we won since Wembley 2012 v Liverpool?

Nine.

2012/13 - none.

2013/14 - Accrington 0 Cardiff 2 (League Cup), Newcastle 1 Cardiff 2 (FA Cup)

2014/15 - Coventry 1 Cardiff 2, Port Vale 2 Cardiff 3 (both League Cup), Cardiff 3 Colchester 1 (FA Cup)

2015/16 - Cardiff 1 AFC Wimbledon 0 (League Cup)

2016/17 - none

2017/18 - Cardiff 2 Portsmouth 1 (League Cup), Mansfield 1 Cardiff 4 (FA Cup)

2018/19 - none

2019/20 - none

So that's eight. I miscounted.

2013/14 - add Bolton 0 Cardiff 1 (FA Cup)

So it's nine - I was right first time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    2012/13 - none.

2013/14 - Accrington 0 Cardiff 2 (League Cup), Newcastle 1 Cardiff 2 (FA Cup)

2014/15 - Coventry 1 Cardiff 2, Port Vale 2 Cardiff 3 (both League Cup), Cardiff 3 Colchester 1 (FA Cup)

2015/16 - Cardiff 1 AFC Wimbledon 0 (League Cup)

2016/17 - none

2017/18 - Cardiff 2 Portsmouth 1 (League Cup), Mansfield 1 Cardiff 4 (FA Cup)

2018/19 - none

2019/20 - none

So that's eight. I miscounted.
    The win at Newcastle in oles first game probably the highlight there. Probably the highlight of his Cardiff managerial career also. We all thought we had a right gem there! Little did we know he would go on to be Manchester United manager......

Also didn’t we win at Bolton in round 4 that season? Daehli came on and we thought we had the new iniesta.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    The win at Newcastle in oles first game probably the highlight there. Probably the highlight of his Cardiff managerial career also. We all thought we had a right gem there! Little did we know he would go on to be Manchester United manager......

Also didn’t we win at Bolton in round 4 that season? Daehli came on and we thought we had the new iniesta.
    Not all of us, mate... In both instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not all of us, mate... In both instances.
    Ok I’ll hold my hands up. I was impressed by ole right up until his first league game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Ok I’ll hold my hands up. I was impressed by ole right up until his first league game.....
    I was impressed by the way he spoke.

But at the same time I thought he looked quite a nice guy and wondered how he would really get a team involved in a relegation scrap to fight as needed.

I still wasn't sure recently as to whether he was any good, the United job isn't a great one for different reasons to us.

Then though I heard him talk about lukaku, something along the lines of him being a good no. 9 if you want to play with that sort of forward. I have no idea what kind of a no. 9 he would want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I was impressed by the way he spoke.

But at the same time I thought he looked quite a nice guy and wondered how he would really get a team involved in a relegation scrap to fight as needed.

I still wasn't sure recently as to whether he was any good, the United job isn't a great one for different reasons to us.

Then though I heard him talk about lukaku, something along the lines of him being a good no. 9 if you want to play with that sort of forward. I have no idea what kind of a no. 9 he would want to use.
    Within 90 seconds during his first interview he mentioned finishing above Swansea as a priority... and that’s pandering to the lowest common denominator in my opinion.

For me, he was finished as soon as he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    Within 90 seconds during his first interview he mentioned finishing above Swansea as a priority... and that’s pandering to the lowest common denominator in my opinion.

For me, he was finished as soon as he said that.
    Passhun