+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dai Hunt 60th Birthday Party

Dai Hunt 60th Birthday Party

Was tonight. Had a really good time with him, friends and family. Unfortunately Neil Warnock and a few players promised to turn up but never attended. Only last night Neil told him that he would pop along for a short while and bring a birthday cake for him. Nobody from CCFC turned up.
    I'm absolutely disgusted with Neil and the players for tagging him along, only to let him down on the night. A total bunch of tossers !!

Re: Dai Hunt 60th Birthday Party

They should put Dai up front against Fulham to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Was tonight. Had a really good time with him, friends and family. Unfortunately Neil Warnock and a few players promised to turn up but never attended. Only last night Neil told him that he would pop along for a short while and bring a birthday cake for him. Nobody from CCFC turned up.
    I'm absolutely disgusted with Neil and the players for tagging him along, only to let him down on the night. A total bunch of tossers !!
    Do you not think that they like everybody else were saying anything just to get away from him. As if the manager and players are going to turn up for a party for a fan whose claim to fame is being a pain in the arse.

I'm trying not to be vindictive here but with all the Neil and player bashing that is ridiculously out of context on here having a go at them for not going out to see a guy I'm sure they regard as barking mad 2 nights before a game is probably for the best.

Frank Burrows didn't come to visit me in hospital when I was poorly - I never held it against him - Im guessing he had better things to do.

Also I sat by Dai for many years in the Ninian - it wasn't an enjoyable experience and I can understand why they didn't go to see him - they can't get away quickly enough from him on a match day.

1) wtf.
    2) He's only 60?!

He couldn't do any worse 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Do you not think that they like everybody else were saying anything just to get away from him. As if the manager and players are going to turn up for a party for a fan whose claim to fame is being a pain in the arse.

I'm trying not to be vindictive here but with all the Neil and player bashing that is ridiculously out of context on here having a go at them for not going out to see a guy I'm sure they regard as barking mad 2 nights before a game is probably for the best.

Frank Burrows didn't come to visit me in hospital when I was poorly - I never held it against him - Im guessing he had better things to do.

Also I sat by Dai for many years in the Ninian - it wasn't an enjoyable experience and I can understand why they didn't go to see him - they can't get away quickly enough from him on a match day.
    My point is why say you will attend but not turn up? Just say you cant make it. Easy enough rather than bare faced lies. Gone down in my estimation. Typical overpaid prima donas

My point is why say you will attend but not turn up? Just say you cant make it. Easy enough rather than bare faced lies. Gone down in my estimation. Typical overpaid prima donas
    As the man said - Do you not think that they like everybody else were saying anything just to get away from him.

Surely the fact his friends and family were there is what matters? He doesn't know the players and vice versa- what does it matter if they didn't show up? And why are we talking about a 60th birthday party?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    As the man said - Do you not think that they like everybody else were saying anything just to get away from him.

Surely the fact his friends and family were there is what matters? He doesn't know the players and vice versa- what does it matter if they didn't show up? And why are we talking about a 60th birthday party?
    Did Tom Heaton make it?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Did Tom Heaton make it?
    Unconfirmed reports he screamed "DARREN" after blowing his candles out

If he's 60 then he must have been a Junior Bluebird into his 30s.

tRe: Dai Hunt 60th Birthday Party

What a week it's been. First the players upsetting fan by not waving to him in Blackburn
    And now not turning up to a fans party
    Someone from the club had better be coming round my house xmas morning to watch me open my pressies or i'll be straight on the forums crying like a little baby..

Why is he inviting the players to his party anyway? They wouldn't have anything in common with each other.

Get players to go to charity and community events, yes. But a man's 60th BIRTHDAY PARTY? Come on...

I've no sympathy, but I'm already on his naughty list from a few years back

Crazy post

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

Nick you're totally missing the point. Dave as many know is a 'character' and City mad. Why for weeks before, and indeed the night before his birthday did Neil (or Colin more aptly) promise him that he would pop in and bring him a cake.

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    and it was dai hunt who told you this happened, yeah?
    Correct, and i believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why is he inviting the players to his party anyway? They wouldn't have anything in common with each other.

Get players to go to charity and community events, yes. But a man's 60th BIRTHDAY PARTY? Come on...

I've no sympathy, but I'm already on his naughty list from a few years back
    Agree with your comment, but why not decline the offer....simples

Bit spiteful in my opinion, he’s obviously been best man at many a City players’ wedding and Godfather to many of the players’ kids, not to mention the many luxury holidays and stag weekends that he's organised for the lads. Club’s a joke

Maybe he should be made a life president and allowed to travel on the team bus to games

This is probably the most bizarre post to ever appear on CCMB, and that’s saying something

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Maybe he should be made a life president and allowed to travel on the team bus to games
    They did let him give the team talk at the Testimonial match 😉

Can some of the players promise to turn up on Friday against Fulham instead of going missing when supposedly defending?

But at least he and Malky were best mates...

Dai Hunt.jpg

Nick you're totally missing the point. Dave as many know is a 'character' and City mad. Why for weeks before, and indeed the night before his birthday did Neil (or Colin more aptly) promise him that he would pop in and bring him a cake.
    To be fair, we're only getting one side of the story.

And this one time, at band camp

Seriously, hope he didn't let it ruin the day.

60, FFS, this means he’s got a bus pass now !!!!!!

We’ll all have to sit in the single seats at the front, imagine travelling from north Cardiff to town, with “ OUR DAVE” sat next to you