+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Despite everything

Despite everything

We can go 5th tomorrow if we beat Fulham at home, just 3 points behind the oh so great top two, and, it’s still August I believe......

Re: Despite everything

Sums it up. We have been far from great but people seem to forget this is the championship and it is a grind at times.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We can go 5th tomorrow if we beat Fulham at home, just 3 points behind the oh so great top two, and, it’s still August I believe......
    Oh so great top two.
    That’ll be Swansea then

But if we lose can you imagine this place.

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    Oh so great top two.
    That’ll be Swansea then
    Nice to see you back fruit, where have you been since you were relegated? You seemed to have stopped posting here.....but now, fir some reason you are back.....how very strange?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    But if we lose can you imagine this place.

Incredible really, win 3 nil everyone will love Neil and think we are off back to that mythical happy place, lose 3 nil and I expect Neil should be sacked on here. Modern football, it’s shiiiit to be honest, no wonder so many who used to go can’t be arsed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Sums it up. We have been far from great but people seem to forget this is the championship and it is a grind at times.
    What if we haven’t forgotten but still have the same opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What if we haven’t forgotten but still have the same opinion?
    I'd probably consider telling someone they're getting a bit carried away if they think we've got a divine right to promotion this season.

IF

I'd probably consider telling someone they're getting a bit carried away if they think we've got a divine right to promotion this season.
    No one thinks we have a divine right to promotion though, people just think our transfer business has been shocking (despite us admitting for the last 3 years we haven't planned enough), that we have not put in one good performance yet this season and that the lack of future planning regarding transfers, youth policy and style of play is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    No one thinks we have a divine right to promotion though, people just think our transfer business has been shocking (despite us admitting for the last 3 years we haven't planned enough), that we have not put in one good performance yet this season and that the lack of future planning regarding transfers, youth policy and style of play is a concern.
    Fair points and I'd agree with a lot of them (thought we played well v Huddersfield and for large parts against Wigan though).

Just find the meltdown after a Carling Cup second string loss funny. Win tomorrow, followed by a 2 week international break to get a few players back and it'll all look a lot better. Plenty of ups and downs in a championship season, way too early to make an accurate prediction of what's to come for us this season imo.

Heisenberg

I appreciate your positivity, but your point is slightly disenguous as if we win we'd be 5th and 3 points behind them... but we still would have played a game more than 22 other teams in the division.

Hopefully we will win and other results go our way on the weekend and then you won't be far off.

Fair points and I'd agree with a lot of them (thought we played well v Huddersfield and for large parts against Wigan though).

Just find the meltdown after a Carling Cup second string loss funny. Win tomorrow, followed by a 2 week international break to get a few players back and it'll all look a lot better. Plenty of ups and downs in a championship season, way too early to make an accurate prediction of what's to come for us this season imo.
    I don't think Tuesday's match has caused it though, this has been bubbling under the surface for over a year now.

Poor investments, poor football, no plan. When this is going on a club needs to be winning a lot of matches and playing well to hide this.

Incredible really, win 3 nil everyone will love Neil and think we are off back to that mythical happy place, lose 3 nil and I expect Neil should be sacked on here. Modern football, it’s shiiiit to be honest, no wonder so many who used to go can’t be arsed anymore.
    It's almost as if having a bit of expectation to compete and not be some shoddy lower tier club who attracts less than 7000 a game is too much to handle

All we need is the back line to stay awake be quick and not get pulled out of position leaving gaping holes behind them.
    The midfield to hold and keep the ball up and thread it with cutting passes to our forwards then we need our forwards to not kick the ball 90ft wide of the goal or at the goal keeper or give it away to the opposition defender...easy peasy

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    All we need is the back line to stay awake be quick and not get pulled out of position leaving gaping holes behind them.
    The midfield to hold and keep the ball up and thread it with cutting passes to our forwards then we need our forwards to not kick the ball 90ft wide of the goal or at the goal keeper or give it away to the opposition defender...easy peasy
    Mate they couldn't even be bothered to go to a 60th birthdy party let alone cut passes to our forawards.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I appreciate your positivity, but your point is slightly disenguous as if we win we'd be 5th and 3 points behind them... but we still would have played a game more than 22 other teams in the division.

Hopefully we will win and other results go our way on the weekend and then you won't be far off.
    Positive? I believe we can actually go 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Mate they couldn't even be bothered to go to a 60th birthdy party let alone cut passes to our forawards.
    was there cake ?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Positive? I believe we can actually go 4th
    That's the spirit!

Problem is we’ve had quite an easy run of games on paper.

I do believe that Warnock carves a niche style in a difficult league, but feel we’re 2 good players away from doing anything this season

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That's the spirit!
    Probably a few spirits, washed down with a couple of speciality ales

This board is so fekin dreary these days I’m morphing into a Happy Clapper.

Nice to see you back fruit, where have you been since you were relegated? You seemed to have stopped posting here.....but now, fir some reason you are back.....how very strange?
    Great ain’t it

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    Great ain’t it
    Didn’t have you down as that kind of poster, just come out with the sunny weather type is it? Whilst Swansea have started well with three quite nice home games, do you know when the trust are taking your owners to court? Or have they, in pure Swansea style decided to think it over whilst you are riding high......