+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 FULHAM. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v FULHAM. Match thread

but we wont

Smithies' distribution really is excellent

Did we have a shot at all after they went down to 10 men?

fair play scott parker 19, came to cardiff and with 10 men got a point from worncock 78
    we would be happy if the tables were turned.

shame we couldnt find another... even seemed to have the ref in our pocket which is rare at ccs...

point

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Did we have a shot at all after they went down to 10 men?
    think so, was it ralls but was off target but decent shot with left foot

Disappointed with a point, not something i thought I’d see myself saying before the game.

Bad goal to concede, I’d be upset with that in a Sunday league game.

Better though overall.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Disappointed with a point, not something i thought I’d see myself saying before the game.

Bad goal to concede, I’d be upset with that in a Sunday league game.

Better though overall.
    better intensity, but not better shape

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    think so, was it ralls but was off target but decent shot with left foot
    Morrison nearly won it.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 FULHAM. Match thread

Well that was an improvement and while we couldn’t make the extra man count, there are some positives I suppose. Bacuna put in a much improved performance and we seemed less shaky at the back. But for a big team I find it odd that we both often fail to find Cardiff players with headed returns and concede possession so easily because of a poor first touch.

My biggest concern if Glatzel. He could have done better with the header but he has a thankless task up there on his own with ball after ball flying over his head. A confident player may well have gambled on Morrison’s header.

Overall I feel we need to have a little more quickness of thought and get the pass away that moment sooner. Still it really does feel like we are going in the right direction after this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Well that was an improvement and while we couldn’t make the extra man count, there are some positives I suppose. Bacuna put in a much improved performance and we seemed less shaky at the back. But for a big team I find it odd that we both often fail to find Cardiff players with headed returns and concede possession so easily because of a poor first touch.

My biggest concern if Glatzel. He could have done better with the header but he has a thankless task up there on his own with ball after ball flying over his head. A confident player may well have gambled on Morrison’s header.

Overall I feel we need to have a little more quickness of thought and get the pass away that moment sooner. Still it really does feel like we are going in the right direction after this evening.
    Said earlier we need to pass a bit quicker and get crosses in sooner

I worry for Glatzel, he gets absolutely **** all to work with. He was having to come deep then was out of position when we won the ball back.

Fulham should be fking ashamed of the tactics they employed. Best team in the league my arse. Fking conmen.

Scott Parker looks like he wants to cry giving his interview.

2 points dropped after they went down to 10 men but we’re still lacking that goalscorer, not convinced by Glatzel, he works hard and is isolated for long periods of the game but still not getting on the end of many chances. One shot well saved in the first half and one poor header in the 2nd half. The longer he goes without scoring the worse it’s going to get for him. Our intensity was better tonight though and a fit Etheridge Paterson Pack and Mendez Lang will help

Niasse went 12 games last season without scoring and he is a far better player than Glatzel. I think Warnock will continue with him, look at the options- Bogle, Vassell, Madine and Ward.

If that was the best Fulham have to offer they wont be challenging. We are slowly improving.
    Murphy is so frustrating Warnock needs to keep kicking him up the arse.
    With players back and new ones gelling we will be top6.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Niasse went 12 games last season without scoring and he is a far better player than Glatzel. I think Warnock will continue with him, look at the options- Bogle, Vassell, Madine and Ward.
    Yes, I understand, it’s a good point and I think we should give Glatzel time. As you say Niasse, Madine, now Glatzel , none of our strikers in the last few years have looked like scoring regularly. The only one was Paterson playing in a no10 role

Parker was trying to defend his brother in law’s theatrics in his interview

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    If that was the best Fulham have to offer they wont be challenging.
    Neither will we.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Neither will we.
    Never thought we would. Still think we can make top 6. Squad slowly getting better and players to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Never thought we would. Still think we can make top 6. Squad slowly getting better and players to come back.
    Correct three games unbeaten we are on a roll.

Ralls was top drawer tonight, was the best player on the pitch. Hopefully when Pack comes back the midfield will look a lot more solid, would be helpful if that was in time for Derby. Tomlin was a bit of a passenger this evening, I'd be happy to see Vassell, Hoilett or Paterson given a start away at Derby in a few weeks. Whyte was much improved, hopefully he can kick on now... would be nice to have a consistent performer on the wings.

Meant to post earlier but got caught up in a beer swilling match. Anyway the bullet points for me were...

Awful defensive unit in general.
    Frustrating to see the front line starved of opportunities.
    Their goal, Morrison as captain leaving Mitrovic with acres of space with simple tap in whilst marking space.
    Morrison's free header at the far post with our best opportunity of the game, an easier free header to work the keeper you will not see. Hit the feckin target ffs!

On a positive note, a point gained and two points denied against a far superior side 'on paper'

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Niasse went 12 games last season without scoring and he is a far better player than Glatzel..
    Completely disagree, Niasse never looked capable of scoring whereas I think given service Glatzel will