+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent result against ccmb's favourite team

Decent result against ccmb's favourite team

Fulham didn't look that good, did they? Playing for a point even before the sending off. Time wasting, diving at every opportunity. Whyte and Bacuna improving. Let's get behind the boys, plenty of points still to be won.

Re: Decent result against ccmb's favourite team

I agree. We are slowly improving but we need a big win next time out.
    Glazel needs a goal....urgent.

Murphy probably should have squared it for a simple finish, but we’ll let him off cos he scored

City were still pretty awful, just not as bad as on Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Fulham didn't look that good, did they? Playing for a point even before the sending off. Time wasting, diving at every opportunity. Whyte and Bacuna improving. Let's get behind the boys, plenty of points still to be won.
    Very astute comments. I was specifically impressed by those two players myself and with the return of our injured men we can go from strength to strength. As you say, the airy fairy football which some of our adolescent members have been so impressed with didn't work very well against Warnockball , even when we haven't quite gotten back into the swing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Very astute comments. I was specifically impressed by those two players myself and with the return of our injured men we can go from strength to strength. As you say, the airy fairy football which some of our adolescent members have been so impressed with didn't work very well against Warnockball , even when we haven't quite gotten back into the swing of it.
    We weren't in it in the second half until the red card.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Murphy probably should have squared it for a simple finish, but we’ll let him off cos he scored
    Was waiting for that as well.

He also bombed in front of Glatzel when he looked to have another half chance, not long after the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We weren't in it in the second half until the red card.
    We were always in the game, just keeping our shape and looking for an opportunity on the counter attack. You're always in the game at 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Agreed. He’s lucky he scored. Def should have squared it.

We were always in the game, just keeping our shape and looking for an opportunity on the counter attack. You're always in the game at 1-1.

As the Captain says, we were more than in the game. Fulham were doing nothing but passing it back and forth

As the Captain says, we were more than in the game. Fulham were doing nothing but passing it back and forth
    I think you`ll find he`s right (as per usual) , the 5 world class goals Fulham divers scored from their own half really put us on the back foot.

It was a poor game. Fulham pass it about OK and they have a great team on paper, but they did not look good today. I didn't really see any improvement from us. The last 15 minutes were ****ing pitiful. Why try long throws from your own half when you're running out of time and have a man advatage? It's like our players have never played for anyone but Warnock. Even when they have time on the ball, they don't even try to take control of it. It's just head it or hoof it back into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    City were still pretty awful, just not as bad as on Tuesday
    Agree, we didn't play well. Everything changed after the sending off. I love the way people taunt Fulham or whoever overplaying yet say absolutely nothing about how we constantly give the ball back amd don't even attempt to play in three quarters of the pitch, it's as if teams passing the ball about a bit to much without any end product exonerates our anti football tactics

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It was a poor game. Fulham pass it about OK and they have a great team on paper, but they did not look good today. I didn't really see any improvement from us. The last 15 minutes were ****ing pitiful. Why try long throws from your own half when you're running out of time and have a man advatage? It's like our players have never played for anyone but Warnock. Even when they have time on the ball, they don't even try to take control of it. It's just head it or hoof it back into the mix.
    No way was that a poor game. I think you need to adjust the horizontal hold on your tv if thats what you really think or have your glasses checked. It was enjoyable and a big improvement on previous weeks and the atmosphere was excellent. You really are letting your prejudices against Warnock and members of the squad cloud your comments. The first half was easily the best football we have played this season and we could have been 3-1 up at half time. Even Scott Parker admitted that in interview after.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree, we didn't play well. Everything changed after the sending off. I love the way people taunt Fulham or whoever overplaying yet say absolutely nothing about how we constantly give the ball back amd don't even attempt to play in three quarters of the pitch, it's as if teams passing the ball about a bit to much without any end product exonerates our anti football tactics
    Were you at the ground ? I doubt it very much from those comments. The armchair critic brigade are at it again. Some of the football from us in the first half was excellent. Fulham made 322 passes and eighty per cent of those were back and forth across the pitch by their two centre halves. We were playing with two wingers and four forwards for most of the match, so how is that anti football ? What is anti football is a team that continually dives and wastes time from around the thirty minute mark, a la Fulham.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Exactly. There was one point towards the end when it was shipped sideways to Peltier who had a free 30 yard area around him, he could think of nothing better than to belt it towards the centre edge of their penalty area. It's just tedious and completely ineffective.

I've no idea why some of these people persist with our club since they really don't seem to like it much.
    There are two teams quite conveniently located for those who don't like Cardiff City and they both play the kind of football they keep saying they love. I refer of course to Swansea and Bristol City.

Just jump on a train lads, and you can cheer all the short passes and stuff to your heart's content .

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No way was that a poor game. I think you need to adjust the horizontal hold on your tv if thats what you really think or have your glasses checked. It was enjoyable and a big improvement on previous weeks and the atmosphere was excellent. You really are letting your prejudices against Warnock and members of the squad cloud your comments. The first half was easily the best football we have played this season and we could have been 3-1 up at half time. Even Scott Parker admitted that in interview after.
    Everyone I was with, including the Fulham fans thought it was poor. The commentator said it was poor.

You don't get anything for could have. We drew 1-1 and played a quarter of the game against 10 men. Nice that you enjoyed it though.

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 10.30.13 PM.jpg

First Team

I've no idea why some of these people persist with our club since they really don't seem to like it much.
    There are two teams quite conveniently located for those who don't like Cardiff City and they both play the kind of football they keep saying they love. I refer of course to Swansea and Bristol City.

Just jump on a train lads, and you can cheer all the short passes and stuff to your heart's content .
    With all due respect (that's none for you as usual) just **** off. Everyone has the right to an opinion.

How is it disloyal to point out the inadequacies in the team you love rather than blindly following the party line? I'd suggest most people who offer critiques actually really care more than the vast majority who don't offer their views because they don't want hassle off WUM twerps like you.

Actually, I think it shows more loyalty to continue to support your team since birth (that's me btw) even though they are painful to watch.

You're clearly a weapons-grade twat. But you're probably a Bluebird so I tolerate your shite opinions.

A frustrating game to watch because Cardiff are capable of doing more if they afford themselves time on the ball. They had a man advantage for 30 minutes and still opted to launch the ball at every available opportunity.
    I understand Warnock's football philosophy, take no risks with the ball in your own half and play for territory rather than possession. It's not great to watch but that's the football Cardiff have been playing the past 3 years. Obviously they will continue in vain to play that way. I certainly hope they can get results this season, but very few should find themselves on the side of the fence agreeing that Warnock football is good football.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    With all due respect (that's none for you as usual) just **** off. Everyone has the right to an opinion.

How is it disloyal to point out the inadequacies in the team you love rather than blindly following the party line? I'd suggest most people who offer critiques actually really care more than the vast majority who don't offer their views because they don't want hassle off WUM twerps like you.

Actually, I think it shows more loyalty to continue to support your team since birth (that's me btw) even though they are painful to watch.

You're clearly a weapons-grade twat. But you're probably a Bluebird so I tolerate your shite opinions.
    It's only one of W-B's alter egos trying to be a wind up merchant. I'm convinced of that.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Exactly. There was one point towards the end when it was shipped sideways to Peltier who had a free 30 yard area around him, he could think of nothing better than to belt it towards the centre edge of their penalty area. It's just tedious and completely ineffective.
    I remember it well. He'd been in that space for ages yet Morrison kept hurling the throw ins up the touch line. When Pelts had the chance he wasted it.

There seems to be polarisation of views on how we play. Those who seemingly enjoy Warnockball, as it is being christened, seem to think that those who criticise it want tippy happy stuff. I don't. I just wished we could show a bit more composure at times, just like the Peltier moment. There's a time and a place for going direct. There's also time for keeping the ball for a short while. It's called mixing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    A frustrating game to watch because Cardiff are capable of doing more if they afford themselves time on the ball. They had a man advantage for 30 minutes and still opted to launch the ball at every available opportunity.
    I understand Warnock's football philosophy, take no risks with the ball in your own half and play for territory rather than possession. It's not great to watch but that's the football Cardiff have been playing the past 3 years. Obviously they will continue in vain to play that way. I certainly hope they can get results this season, but very few should find themselves on the side of the fence agreeing that Warnock football is good football.
    I don't remember the 16/17 team being as negative in their outlook as this one. When Neil Warnock first came here, I used to say that I was enjoying most of the games I saw and, to show what I mean, I've just dug out my piece on the 2-2 draw with Fulham in February 2017 which is headed simply "Best game of the season so far"

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/best-...season-so-far/

Not only did I think that, I'm positively gushing for much of the piece - e.g.

"If you fall into that category, I can tell you that, by any criteria that matters when it comes to watching sport, you made the wrong choice because Cardiff City 2 Fulham 2 was a magnificent and memorable game of football. It’s hard to make decisions like this with any certainty and, of course, there’s always that sense of disappointment when your team doesn’t win, but, off the top of my head, I’d say it was the most enjoyable City match I’ve watched since we beat Man City in our first home Premier League match three and a half years ago."

Now, I think a few things need to be said here. First, we had a centre forward who was absolutely on fire at the time and so that was probably influencing how we were approaching matches, second, it was probably dawning on everyone that we weren't going to go down that season, but it was also pretty certain we weren't going up either, so that could lead to a more adventurous approach, thirdly there has to be a possibility that I was going over the top a bit because Warnock football was not as bad as I feared it would be.

Two and a half years on, things seem different to me. I accept that my attitude may have changed somewhat in that time in that familiarity with the Warnock style has led to a degree of contempt, but I don't think the change I see between then and now can solely be put down to that. Unlike the "right go" mentioned in the summer, we really did have a right go at Fulham in 2017, last night we played as we do against most of the teams we face - as if we are scared of them.

Must agree with Eric, they were all over us 2nd half until the red. We were awful until then

Problem is, it's hard to counter attack against a team that pass the ball in their own half between their defenders for 15 minutes.

I don't understand why people blow their load in excitement over that tripe. Give me our direct football over that any day.

However some of players need to go back to basics and improve their first touch, speed (how the **** Flint never got to the ball by their goal line in the 2nd half) and have a bit more confidence on the ball (Turns from direct football into the "hoofball" some on here like to say we permanently play).