+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Throw ins.

Throw ins.

Why does Morrison throw up the field, then more often than not lose the ball.

Peltier was unmarked opposite Morrison loads of times tonight, surly that’s the obvious player to throw to. Or am I missing something?

Re: Throw ins.

Yeah, I've said this before. You can't be tackled or blocked when taking a throw in so if you can deliver it that way it's preferable .
    Of course that relies on doing it properly and admittedly we haven't always done that recently, but it's a tactic we must get right and continue to use

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah, I've said this before. You can't be tackled or blocked when taking a throw in so if you can deliver it that way it's preferable .
    Of course that relies on doing it properly and admittedly we haven't always done that recently, but it's a tactic we must get right and continue to use
    You said it's better to throw it long as a cross rather than to feet. That's the opposite of what bancblue is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    This is the issue, nobody on this planet can control the ball with their head, therefore all we are doing is giving the opposition the chance to win the ball back, in affect we're conceding possession in order to gain twenty yards and hope that the second ball bounces lucky and that someone can whack it somewhere for someone to score.

Awful.

Needs to stop. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This is the issue, nobody on this planet can control the ball with their head, therefore all we are doing is giving the opposition the chance to win the ball back, in affect we're conceding possession in order to gain twenty yards and hope that the second ball bounces lucky and that someone can whack it somewhere for someone to score.
    Exactly

It's pathetic and ****ing embarrassing. A Championship football team throwing the ball up the touchline to try to gain a few yards like a ****ing rugby team. On national TV! How long are people going to keep paying to see that?

I assume that over the season Warnock feels it works more times than it doesn't. It's not bad to have that in our locker, or even as a main move, but to do it 6 times in a row without gaining anything from it comes across as dull. Mix it up a bit lads.