+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A dreadful team to watch

Re: A dreadful team to watch

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    tomlin would be fantastic in a footballing team.
    We don’t even need to be a footballing team, it’s not too much to ask one of them to give him the ball to feet surely?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Do people purposely look for ANYTHING to use to put our players down?
    I’m sure if he ran around like a headless chicken he’d be appreciated a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I’m sure if he ran around like a headless chicken he’d be appreciated a lot more
    WHy iS he bLoWiNg oUt hiS ArSe aFter 60 miNuTes

We play the way we play and will do till the management changes.
    I like it and so do the majority of real supporters.

Those who don't should either make an offer to Vincent Tan or buy themselves a white scarf and take the short trip up to Swansea to watch them instead .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I like it and so do the majority of real supporters.

Those who don't should either make an offer to Vincent Tan or buy themselves a white scarf and take the short trip up to Swansea to watch them instead .
    Another wind up account.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Another wind up account.
    He’s been doing it for years. Unreal how sad is life is

Oh, I'm WB again am I ?
    Catch up will you ?

Your ability to deduce who's a fake account is exactly equal to your understanding of football and your loyalty to Cardiff City.
    (a + b + c = 0)

- Ronnies Law.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Opened this thread thinking it was going to be about Fulham, who in my eyes are tediously boring.

Yes, “OUR NEIL” picked a defensively looking team, but with the injuries and new players we have, i for one don’t blame him.

322 sideways passes, 15 back passes to the goalkeeper (that’s in the first half), boring, boring boring

Even if we don’t end up with the players blending together, “OUR NEIL”, has given us two and a half great seasons and any FAN who agrees with the OP thread, should look in the mirror and ask “what do I really want at my football club”

We’re treading water, yes, but we haven’t spent half of what boring Fulham have.

We all wanna see free, fast flowing football, but it ain’t going to happen with “OUR NEIL”, I know that, you know that, every f ucker knows that, SO WHY MOAN ABOUT IT, when it don’t happen ?????

Long live Cardiff City, lets hope we never become another Bury !!!
    What the hell have Fulham and Bury got to do with the turgid shite football that we play? There's another poster on here who references the opposition in order to justify Warnocks awful style of play, it's a shite argument and isn't relative.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I like it and so do the majority of real supporters
    Feck me, this intellectual clown is now claiming he knows what the majority of so-called "real fans" like. I didn't know he knew so many.

Only thing to say We are 2 points off a play off place and 6 points off automatic and only 6 games played early days yet and we have a lot of injuries i just wish people would calm down, just wait untill we get to 12 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Feck me, this intellectual clown is now claiming he knows what the majority of so-called "real fans" like. I didn't know he knew so many.
    if you ever feel wound up by him take a step back and remember he's a grown man for whom, going by the amount of posts he makes, the main joy of his life is having multiple accounts on a football messageboard and be thankful that that is not you

I thought we did ok, room for improvement but a hell of a lot better than the Reading fiasco

We're steadily progressing and the goals will come, I saw a graph for the expected goal difference in the Championship prior to the Fulham game which placed us second, which would imply we aren't actually doing that badly

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Only thing to say We are 2 points off a play off place and 6 points off automatic and only 6 games played early days yet and we have a lot of injuries i just wish people would calm down, just wait untill we get to 12 games.
    Looking at the league table this evening, it seems City have only played one team in the top half so far (Fulham). They’ve yet to face any of this season’s fast starters.

Sadly I couldn't go last night due to illness, first game I've missed in about 4 seasons. So I sat down and watched on TV.

A lot of debate above poor football, Warnock, how good are Fulham etc. Well it may have been different in the ground, I suspect not, but for a period ion the second half I was bored rigid, not with City but with Fulham passing the ball back and fore between the centre backs etc for what seems like an eternity. People on here are moaning about City and the way they play, but Fulham fans can't be happy with that sort of play? Although on their forum they think they are worldbeaters and had a bent referee last night.

As for Cardiff we were awful, the only good things we did were keeping our shape and tactic and scoring one goal. But Is till feel that at home the onus is on the home team to attack the opposition. When we did it was ineffective. Our passing is woeful, and we can't hold on to the ball. Obviously our first choice centre midfielder, Pack , is now out so we were left with Ralls, Bacuna and Tomlin. To be fair I though Ralls was excellent, Bacuna too, but after Tomlin's recent couple of appearances which were good, he was terrible last night.
    Smithies looks competent as do Peltier and Bennett. Flint was OK, but Morrison gave one of those performances again like last year against Watford, terrible. The wide men Murphy and Whyte were OK. Murphy can attach and did a few times and scored, but could have done more. Whyte had good control but can't seem to get past a full back and crossed poorly. Glatzel up front is not fit to lace ZOhore's boots on his showings so far. And the subs? Paterson still looks like a slow , lard arsed parks player, Holiett can control a ball and pass and cross, and NML did nothing. So in effect we didn't play very well and weren't entirely awful . But Fulham are not Man City and were there for the taklng. The highlight was probably Arter getting sent off fo being hopeless. Apparently he used to be good but is just slow these days.

As for Warnock I think it is fair to question him after the start we've had but we were more organised last night, apart from their goal. We were more disciplined but i do think are incapable of playing any decent effective football.

Bluetit above said Warnock has give us 3 good years, well I say he gave us 2 good years, we got relegated last year which can hardly be described as good. And for all the positivity before the season started well it seems to have been converted in top a reality that we are OK and that's it. Oh and he's spent about £60m in the last few years on players who are either bang average or not in the team.

We all want City to do really well every game, but we seem as bad now as we were before NW came here. But we have won 2 and drawn 1 at home so that's not bad, and been badly beaten and draw one away. And bloody Swansea are top!!

We have taken 3 points off the two clubs thst came down.

We have had a lot of squad change ,we need Patterson and Bamba fit .

The centre backs look at out of sorts perhaps a 3 at the back with Bamba might be a thing soon?

I thought we played Fulham as if they were superior to us in skill and threat
    ( technically they are )

Yes we are not pretty too watch, its our style .

German should have won it for us with that missed header.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Looking at the league table this evening, it seems City have only played one team in the top half so far (Fulham). They’ve yet to face any of this season’s fast starters.
    When someone makes a criticism over the way we play the response by those who like the football is go on about teams that make loads of passes but don't get anywhere, when nobody is advocating that kind of football. The argument/debate is solely about how we play not other teams. It's as if those who defend warnocks style of play haven't really got an argument. If people like it then that's absolutely fine, but ther shouldn't make extreme comparisons in order to deflect the real issue. I can accept that some people are stuck in 1987 and who can blame them, it was a fine year

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    When someone makes a criticism over the way we play the response by those who like the football is go on about teams that make loads of passes but don't get anywhere, when nobody is advocating that kind of football. The argument/debate is solely about how we play not other teams. It's as if those who defend warnocks style of play haven't really got an argument. If people like it then that's absolutely fine, but ther shouldn't make extreme comparisons in order to deflect the real issue. I can accept that some people are stuck in 1987 and who can blame them, it was a fine year
    But, but, but, look how much Fulham have spent!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Absobloodylutely! I'm getting fed up of this crap being brought up time and time again. If they've got an ambitious, go ahead board of management and we've got one stuck in the dark ages with a parsimonious owner, good luck to them. If I hear "Our Neil" whine on about little old Cardiff hanging on to their coat tails again, I'll spew up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Absobloodylutely! I'm getting fed up of this crap being brought up time and time again. If they've got an ambitious, go ahead board of management and we've got one stuck in the dark ages with a parsimonious owner, good luck to them. If I hear "Our Neil" whine on about little old Cardiff hanging on to their coat tails again, I'll spew up.
    Its not fair too say we have a board stuck in the dark ages .

Tan spent a lot under MM and OGS , and we got burnt , ended up in FFP , the embarking on a fire sale and yrying to survive under Slade (we have such short memories).

Warnock arrived and changed all that gloom .

Fulham have a bigger financial backing, which strangely still see's them relegated, just getting promotion behind us last year and not dominating the current league.?

First Team

It was my first game of the season so will reserve a final judgment.
    However, it was not a promising opening game and those around me were far from happy.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    You seem a good guy Pearcey but what has the last 70 years got to do with it.

The context of the club is that it was on an upward curve since Warnock took over 3 years ago.

Last season was obviously different considering our opposition yet we were in with a chance of staying up almost until the end.

Comparatively we have spent buckets of money since the year we went up and it's like we've thrown it down the drain on purpose in order to remain "plucky underdogs" and to "hang on to coattails"!

Good post TLG by the way. Yes I will agree with those who protest that Fulham were boring. Parker definitely got it wrong playing Harry Arter and Harrison Reed last night.

Arter is limited at best and I was struggling to see how the position he was continually taking up in like a left sided central defensive midfield area was in anyway effective!

Even it was on our left where Murphy was it would be a bit more understandable but we don't create anything there and playing Johansen and pushing him further forward would have hurt us more.

All I learned last night was Scott Parkers limitations.
    I suppose to give some context to your current position. You are mid table in the Championship. I can recall days back in the 90’s when you were in the fourth division being watched by 3000 or 4000. Things could be a lot worse.
    Oh and I’ve just seen my lot torn apart by a Charlton side whose fans were protesting not very long ago. Now they are second in the Championship.

Football is all about ups and downs for clubs like Cardiff, Reading and Charlton. We have our good times and bad times and are not like the Liverpool’s of this world who always expect to win. I went to our game today confident we would win but in the end we were humbled. That’s how it is and I wouldn’t change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I suppose to give some context to your current position. You are mid table in the Championship. I can recall days back in the 90’s when you were in the fourth division being watched by 3000 or 4000. Things could be a lot worse.
    Oh and I’ve just seen my lot torn apart by a Charlton side whose fans were protesting not very long ago. Now they are second in the Championship.

Football is all about ups and downs for clubs like Cardiff, Reading and Charlton. We have our good times and bad times and are not like the Liverpool’s of this world who always expect to win. I went to our game today confident we would win but in the end we were humbled. That’s how it is and I wouldn’t change it.
    Well said Pearcy just make the most of being able to see our teams

That’s all nice and nostalgic but has absolutely no relevance to our current position.

We’ve come a long way since the 90s, it’s the best part of 30 years ago, several lifetimes in football years, so shall we be grateful for whatever dross is served up almost 3 decades later because we used to be shit?

Absolute poppycock.

We have been a Championship team, or higher, for 17 seasons. We’ve been to 2 major finals and we’ve challenged for promotion to the Premier League, or got promoted to and played in the PL, for the best part of the last decade.

Who gives a shit that we used to be crap for parts of the 90s? I was there, it was more fun for what went on off the pitch rather than the game itself, but that doesn’t mean 25 years later we shouldn’t have ambition.

We didn’t spend 60 million in 2 years in the 90s and it didn’t used to cost the best part of £100 for a man to take his family to the game.

Ironically, there were a couple of teams in the 90s - the promotion winning teams of 93 and 99 - who played better football than we are currently getting.

Those days were almost 30 years ago mate, they bear no relevance on the current state of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That's another one that has no relevance. I could say that Swansea have sold last seasons top goalscorer and there bright young thing, Dan James and look how they're playing, but i wouldn't say that.