+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: A dreadful team to watch

Re: A dreadful team to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Two elderly ladies had red wigs on at a game on TV. TLG gets all venomous (he likes the venom) and makes some ill-thought remaks. But one of the mums has a son who posts on here and is a bit bigger and harder than TLG expected. TLG suddenly didn't like venom anymore and I'm not sure I've seen a finer grovelling act on the internet ever.

I’ve seen a video of him playing pool, I’m not surprised

This thread is love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You are right about the weirdos, always going to be a few in society so bound to be a few on here. The latest few will implode and come back with a new username like they always have done.
    What do people say on here that’s so bad they’d have to make a new account?

I don’t think I’ve ever said anything on here I’d have issues with repeating to someone if I saw them away from here.

Perfectly happy with my position dude. I didn't call any fellow fan a name, didn't make fun of old ladies in a stadium and quickly backtrack because you'd upset the wrong people. The Lone Backtracker is what I'll call you from now on. Although you're not alone, you're all at it "I'm never going down there again" when all the while you've been going down there. Don't blame you, and glad you are one of us again. You just need to admit it to yourself.
    You're not very bright, are you? Unable to read or understand plain English, it seems. Let's see if you can get it this time:

I never once said: "I'm not going down there again." On the contrary, what I actually said was: "Although I may return to support the club at some point in the future, I know that I will never feel the same loyalty or affection towards it again and I very much doubt that I will ever buy another season ticket."

That hasn't happened yet. I haven't returned to support the club. I almost certainly won't feel comfortable doing that until Tan has departed. I have been to a number of games since the re-brand was reversed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    So you go to games on your mates spare ticket?

Can understand people who walked away and fair play to those who stuck to their principles. Justifying the fact you go because your mate foots the bill is brilliant though.
    Justifying going to a football match? Seriously?

Nobody needs to justify having a day out at the football. I certainly don't.

Isn't it? Probably all the others are going to games but keeping it quiet. Not the Lone Backtracker though, even in defeat he is as magnanimous as ever.
    Do you mean all of the other people who boycotted the club over re-brand? If so, you're hopelessly wrong (again). Of the people I know personally who fall into that category, some started going again regularly once the re-brand was reversed. Some go occasionally. Some completely lost the habit and never go at all. And some are now dead.

Two elderly ladies had red wigs on at a game on TV. TLG gets all venomous (he likes the venom) and makes some ill-thought remaks. But one of the mums has a son who posts on here and is a bit bigger and harder than TLG expected. TLG suddenly didn't like venom anymore and I'm not sure I've seen a finer grovelling act on the internet ever.

The person concerned isn't big or hard. He is, however, a nice guy. He asked me for an apology and I gave one as my initial comments had been out of order. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

You've spent half your Christmas justifying it dude. You also spent most of 2012-201(?) seeking justification and making comments about those who decided to keep supporting the club. Comments that led to yet another backtrack as quoted below.

The person concerned isn't big or hard. He is, however, a nice guy. He asked me for an apology and I gave one as my initial comments had been out of order. Simple as that.
    Ah, so if you didn't know the son of the ladies the comments would have stood. I'll remember that the next time you are on your high horse.

That hasn't happened yet. I haven't returned to support the club. I almost certainly won't feel comfortable doing that until Tan has departed. I have been to a number of games since the re-brand was reversed, though.
    What distinguishes you from the other twentyodd thousand at the game?

Should the guy on the tannoy say

"And today's attendance is 22,431 supporters and The Lone Backtracker who isn't supporting us and is definitely not putting money into the club, well directly anyway" You're a supporter as soon as you hear that turnstile click. You're one of us dude, welcome back to the fold.

I do, and I also contribute towards Swansea, Newport, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, etc.

What I don't do is pay any money directly into Cardiff City, and I haven't done that since June 2012.
    As I posted earlier, as you still go to matches, you are telling us here that you do not pay for tickets, I think you are telling porkies!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’ve paid for a few too, point being I’ve lost the habit, it doesn’t interest me that much anymore. Besides which I get offered free tickets a lot but rarely bother, 2 or 3 this season alone. I guess I have better things to do these days. No moral high ground. Anytime you would like to call me a joker to my face just pm me and we can meet up, ok?
    A big lad like you getting upset at being called a joker. What’s the world coming to?
    If I’ve hurt your feelings I apologise.
    The nonsense about sending you a pm and having a “meet” is kids stuff.

You've spent half your Christmas justifying it dude. You also spent most of 2012-201(?) seeking justification and making comments about those who decided to keep supporting the club.
    Uh, righto. I seek justification for going to football matches. Regularly, just like every other football fan. After all, it's a crime of sorts, so it needs justification. Or something like that. I think.

What distinguishes you from the other twentyodd thousand at the game?
    I have absolutely no idea. I'd have to talk to each and every one of them to establish that.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    As I posted earlier, as you still go to matches, you are telling us here that you do not pay for tickets, I think you are telling porkies!
    Why do you think I'm telling porkies? What is it that you don't understand?

Totally agree Which is why I found the 10-12 posts from you before my post above explaining your specific stance on going to the CCS a bit random. As you said, no need to justify, so why does it matter the reasons, how often and how much you pay to go down

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Totally agree Which is why I found the 10-12 posts from you before my post above explaining your specific stance on going to the CCS a bit random. As you said, no need to justify, so why does it matter the reasons, how often and how much you pay to go down
    Doesn't matter to me and I didn't bring the subject up, but it seems of great importance to the likes of Allez Allez Allez and Igovernor for reasons only they can explain.

Why do you think I'm telling porkies? What is it that you don't understand?
    Ok, you state you still go to ccfc matches and you dont put money into the club, how does that work, are you saying you get all your tickets to watch ccfc for free or city let you in for free, if it's neither of these then you must be paying for your tickets! so you are putting money into the club

Ok, you state you still go to ccfc matches and you dont put money into the club, how does that work, are you saying you get all your tickets to watch ccfc for free or city let you in for free, if it's neither of these then you must be paying for your tickets! so you are putting money into the club
    I have a season ticket. There have been a few occasions I've not made midweek games and a mate has borrowed my ticket. There have been times in the past when I've been offered tickets to see the City by friends who have tickets but been unable to go.

I thnk that he knows a shed load of season ticket holders who sit in groups, as is the case, there are always fans who can't make games for whatever reason so he gets offered tickets. Someone else would've paid for that ticket. That's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I thnk that he knows a shed load of season ticket holders who sit in groups, as is the case, there are always fans who can't make games for whatever reason so he gets offered tickets. Someone else would've paid for that ticket. That's my take on it.
    Tan has still had the readies for the ticket though.
    Nevermind, in TLG’s head he’s still making his determined stance.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Tan has still had the readies for the ticket though.
    Nevermind, in TLG’s head he’s still making his determined stance.
    It’s paid for if it’s used or not.

Got to side with TLG here he’s not putting anything in is he..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It’s paid for if it’s used or not.

Got to side with TLG here he’s not putting anything in is he..
    Technically yes, but **** me. That’s taking small minded pettiness to a new level!!

some things on here never change

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Technically yes, but **** me. That’s taking small minded pettiness to a new level!!
    Go on..