Regardless of how well they do most players can claim to put in a shift. Occasionally goalkeepers might have an easier day.

I would argue that we often have the equivalent of only ten players or less in that we have wingers who often contribute very little to the game.

In the first half Murphy was disinterested, tucked up by the full back and awful. I along with other fans wanted him off the pitch. Then Flint found a great pass for Murphy to run onto ...... goal.

A few minutes later Fulham had a free kick near the touch line inside their half. Murphy was our closest player to it, with his back to it ambling back towards our goal. The free kick was taken and started the move that led to the goal.

White on the other side was trying hard and got better after a slow start but was not in the game on the second half before being substituted.

In their defence. Whilst a winger like Hoilett can often make something happen in a tight space, players like Murphy, White, Glatzel, most forwards want the ball played in front of them, into space, on the ground, just as the Flint pass was.

That Murphy stayed on and got MOM in the WOL was a big surprise to me, despite his goal.