+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did Sky say about the Arter sending off / dive?

What did Sky say about the Arter sending off / dive?

I ask because Parker claims that Arter was fouled before he dived, the speed of the game etc.....

I sit in the Ninian row Y. We have a good view of the layout of the game other than what is happening on the opposite touch line when a a lot of players are involved. On 90 minutes I usually move down to an empty seat nearer the pitch. The perspective is quite different as are the sounds.

How Parker could see so clearly what happened to Arter is beyond me.

Hence my question.

Re: What did Sky say about the Arter sending off / dive?

Ive seen it on the highlights. Possibly a slight touch he realises he cant get the ball and dives. Dont know what Sky said.

The Sky pundits (including Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink) said Arter may or may not have been clipped (the pictures were inconclusive) but he definitely dived and deserved a second yellow.

I sit (really - I do actually sit) in the Canton and was dead in line with what happened. If there was a touch then that was all it was. Arter went flying through the air at least one stride after he had gone clear of any City players. He's really not very good when it comes to diving.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    I sit (really - I do actually sit) in the Canton and was dead in line with what happened. If there was a touch then that was all it was. Arter went flying through the air at least one stride after he had gone clear of any City players. He's really not very good when it comes to diving.
    He needs training.

Commentators said it was a dive and that his reaction was stupid and childish, deserved second yellow

Keeps this arms in nothing happens, takes a stride & throws his arms wide like 3 year old and it's a yellow card. Totally self inflicted!

Even now watching the clip back - looks slight contact before he takes like one extra stride then throws himself to the ground.

Looked harsh but his reaction was abysmal

He's really not very good at anything as far as I can see. I didn't understand much of the praise he got from City fans last season and he looks a waste of a shirt in this Fulham side.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Even now watching the clip back - looks slight contact before he takes like one extra stride then throws himself to the ground.

I wouldn’t say it was harsh at all

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He's really not very good at anything as far as I can see. I didn't understand much of the praise he got from City fans last season and he looks a waste of a shirt in this Fulham side.
    Can't say I was much of a fan of Arter last season. It's really difficult to recall anything memorable that he did for us, though I suspect he would suit our style in the Championship more than he suits the Fulham way.

Slight touch mostikely, doesn't mean you can't stay on your feet and his theatrical mistimed dive deserved the yellow. The ref did a great job, showed yellows when other refs turn a blind eye.

We don’t need players diving etc can’t defend arter
    But my view he was clipped and was disappointed not getting the foul, the referee was a joke he let Morrison basically instruct him, cairney got a yellow card for a swapping arm bands, draw was fair result

Very interesting indeed.

I never take pleasure in anyone's misfortune, but I can't help thinking that it's not going completely well for him at our fake fans favourite club, so I'm wondering whether we might have the opportunity to bring him home in the January window.
    I saw him as a future captain despite some of the derogatory comments about him here, and it honestly hurt me a bit to see him playing against us .
    As someone said, he's more suited to our kind of football than he is to Fulham's naive set up.

It's hardly harsh if his reaction is abysmal.

Not only did he dive. But he jumped up and down like a kid who'd been told he can't have any more sweets

Watching the highlights again, I noticed how the referee, after consulting the linesman, points to the spot where the incident took place and then in the direction that Fulham were attacking as if awarding them a free kick. Is it possible that he in fact acknowledged that it was a foul, but still felt that the dive was excessive?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He runs about a lot, that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    It's hardly harsh if his reaction is abysmal.
    Could the ref not have brought it back for the initial possible foul?

Him throwing himself down is an after thought if there was a foul beforehand mate - that's all I'm saying

Could the ref not have brought it back for the initial possible foul?

Him throwing himself down is an after thought if there was a foul beforehand mate - that's all I'm saying
    The ref didnt give a foul and replays after couldn’t even conclude if he was touched or not. Therefore him throwing himself to the floor 2 steps after the supposed contact is trying to con the match officials. Deserved yellow card and utterly stupid play from an experienced senior pro taking such a risk only a few minutes after his first booking.

No sympathy from the chaps in the studio and rightly so. Idiotic and a liability. A btec Robbie Savage.

I dare say the cries of “Arter you’re a wanker” from the contact got him riled up but he’s a seasoned campaigner he should know better than to get embroiled in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Watching the highlights again, I noticed how the referee, after consulting the linesman, points to the spot where the incident took place and then in the direction that Fulham were attacking as if awarding them a free kick. Is it possible that he in fact acknowledged that it was a foul, but still felt that the dive was excessive?
    No

Can't say I was much of a fan of Arter last season. It's really difficult to recall anything memorable that he did for us, though I suspect he would suit our style in the Championship more than he suits the Fulham way.
    He was not the player I remembered at Bournemouth. When we signed him I was pleased but he left an impression last season for all the wrong reasons. He’s gone back a mile. He runs about like a headless chicken and jumps in like a Sunday league player.

I’m glad he got the bird from our fans last night. I’m fed up of us being too nice to ex players.

Hmmmm. Even if there was contact it would have been so minimal that no way would that impetus thrust Arter 5-6 yds forward so theatrically as he flew. Clearly there was a dive a yd beyond the non contact with Morrison. There's more contact in Mothercare and grannies stay on their feet better. Mr Parker there was NO CONTACT and you, like all managers, should fine your player for cheating. And I include the Murphy one this season, too, in that category.

StT.
    <><