+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did Sky say about the Arter sending off / dive?

Re: What did Sky say about the Arter sending off / dive?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The ref didnt give a foul and replays after couldn’t even conclude if he was touched or not. Therefore him throwing himself to the floor 2 steps after the supposed contact is trying to con the match officials. Deserved yellow card and utterly stupid play from an experienced senior pro taking such a risk only a few minutes after his first booking.

No sympathy from the chaps in the studio and rightly so. Idiotic and a liability. A btec Robbie Savage.

I dare say the cries of “Arter you’re a wanker” from the contact got him riled up but he’s a seasoned campaigner he should know better than to get embroiled in that.
    Good point. Agree

As he was walking off, some wag in the Ninian tried to start a chant of "Arter - do the Ayatolla" but it didn't take off

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He's really not very good at anything as far as I can see. I didn't understand much of the praise he got from City fans last season and he looks a waste of a shirt in this Fulham side.
    You beat me to this , he runs around a lot , dreadful in front of goal , doesn't really fit Fulhams game and with Cairney in the middle it us sort of the same type .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Commentators said it was a dive and that his reaction was stupid and childish, deserved second yellow
    He should have got a yellow for the dive and then another for the reaction, and that would have given him three yellows.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    As he was walking off, some wag in the Ninian tried to start a chant of "Arter - do the Ayatolla" but it didn't take off
    Ah, that might have been me.

Surprised anyone heard it above the boos 😂

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You beat me to this , he runs around a lot , dreadful in front of goal , doesn't really fit Fulhams game and with Cairney in the middle it us sort of the same type .
    To be honest, I thought that he’d be just what they missed. Give them a bit of steel in the middle. In some ways it worked, their closing down ( now termed pressing for the Sky era), was the best part of their game.

However he’s not good with the hall and his poor passing spoilt a lot of their build up work, which by the way was so slow and ponderous, that it was likely to be ineffective anyway.

He’d certainly suit the way play more, however I think that ship may have sailed now.

He's really not very good at anything as far as I can see. I didn't understand much of the praise he got from City fans last season and he looks a waste of a shirt in this Fulham side.
    Totally agree with the comments.
    When posters say we haven’t replaced him with quality, I am amazed.
    I saw every game last season and thought he was a bit of a “headless chicken” and seemed always on the brink of a red card.
    Offered the team very little and I am sure may not have been signed by Fulham without the family connections.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Totally agree with the comments.
    When posters say we haven’t replaced him with quality, I am amazed.
    I saw every game last season and thought he was a bit of a “headless chicken” and seemed always on the brink of a red card.
    Offered the team very little and I am sure may not have been signed by Fulham without the family connections.
    So true he was very poor for Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    There were about 20 of us singing it in the Ninian. Just wish it would have took off.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

The 2nd yellow was for “Simulation”

Friends of Fulham convinced the Mitrovic Flint incident in the box was a pen.

The cheating f****er will always grab and hold an arm near him a drag the defender down on top of him. Disgusting tactic and should be dealt with more harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    We don’t need players diving etc can’t defend arter
    But my view he was clipped and was disappointed not getting the foul, the referee was a joke he let Morrison basically instruct him, cairney got a yellow card for a swapping arm bands, draw was fair result
    Your keeper could have gone for a second yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Friends of Fulham convinced the Mitrovic Flint incident in the box was a pen.

The cheating f****er will always grab and hold an arm near him a drag the defender down on top of him. Disgusting tactic and should be dealt with more harshly.
    If you’re talking about Peltier wrestling Mitrovic to the ground, that was a definite penalty, 100%. No doubt about it whatsoever. If it had been awarded and scored, it would have given Fulham a victory they didn’t deserve, but it should have been a penalty all the same.

If that’s not what you’re talking about, then I don’t know what you’re talking about.

If you’re talking about Peltier wrestling Mitrovic to the ground, that was a definite penalty, 100%. No doubt about it whatsoever. If it had been awarded and scored, it would have given Fulham a victory they didn’t deserve, but it should have been a penalty all the same.

If that’s not what you’re talking about, then I don’t know what you’re talking about.
    I remember seeing he Peltier thing and wondering why he was being so stupid.
    Then I saw it again and wondered how the **** he wrestled or pushed him to the ground, it looked like Mitrovic was being clever and had Peltier held and went over himself.

I could be well off, it was all during the replay on sky I’d have to watch it again to be sure.