+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gavin Whyte

Re: Gavin Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah but Josh had been playing for Norwich and various England development levels. This boy's been playing at lower levels and probably hasn't had the coaching and experience yet to equip him to perform like Josh.
    Wait and see. I think he's going to be a big talent.
    Bore off you multi twat

Yeah but Josh had been playing for Norwich and various England development levels. This boy's been playing at lower levels and probably hasn't had the coaching and experience yet to equip him to perform like Josh.
    Wait and see. I think he's going to be a big talent.
    And was frustratingly inconsistent last year when the same age as Whyte and stepping up a level. Whyte's end product needs to improve, apparently this was a strength last year for him, but he's otherwise shown qualities to suggest he can be a key player. For example, he's got a better first touch than most of our other players.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Hes got a better first touch than most of our other players.
    That’s not difficult. Most of Merthyrs team have got a better first touch than Callum Paterson.

Played ok in the first half but frustrated me when turning down numerous chances to cross, only to check and play it back to Peltier.
    Could be useful next season.

Gavin Whyte should be behind paterson Murphy nml and hoilett in my.opinion.

Looks very lightweight and don't think he has qualities the other have

If we are looking to build, Paterson should have no starting place.
    Useful sub when we need to protect a lead or go for a late winner but offers nothing as a midfield player or striker.
    Originally came to us as an international right back. Why the hell did we not maintain that I do not know.
    Lots of guts but little quality

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So you'd have him ahead of Mendez-Laing and Hoilett?

No. I didn't say that. I think ML has got a niggling injury and reading between the lines Junior is either tired or maybe feeling the effects of a few years of hard football.
    Either way I'm sure there's a reason Sir Neil isn't starting them , but obviously both would be higher up the selection list than Gavin and he's got a long way to go to be on their level.

He's a raw talent at this stage and he's got a LOT to learn, but I can see his eagerness to do so and already we can see that he never lets us down for effort and commitment . You can never tell 100% but I see him as a huge player in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    And was frustratingly inconsistent last year when the same age as Whyte and stepping up a level. Whyte's end product needs to improve, apparently this was a strength last year for him, but he's otherwise shown qualities to suggest he can be a key player. For example, he's got a better first touch than most of our other players.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Josh really. Same applies to him last year as applies now to Gavin, except one level up if you see what I mean. It's incredibly hard to get on the ball at either level and not many can do it at all. Both these boys found out how quick it really is and are in the process of learning the tricks of making a very hard thing look easy which takes time.
    I can't think of any really solid top players who didn't take a few years to develop after promising starts .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That’s not difficult. Most of Merthyrs team have got a better first touch than Callum Paterson.

You showed in your previous post that you're a nasty little bugger, and you do nothing but attack CCFC, so I won't bother being overly polite in saying that if you think that you have absolutely no idea whatever about football.
    Callum might not be Ronaldo, but he's a hard working professional footballer who's achieved a huge amount and represented his country as well as giving 100% always for our club.
    You clearly have no idea how much faster the professional game at this level is than what you're used to and very very few players would GET a touch at that level .

You showed in your previous post that you're a nasty little bugger, and you do nothing but attack CCFC, so I won't bother being overly polite in saying that if you think that you have absolutely no idea whatever about football.
    Callum might not be Ronaldo, but he's a hard working professional footballer who's achieved a huge amount and represented his country as well as giving 100% always for our club.
    You clearly have no idea how much faster the professional game at this level is than what you're used to and very very few players would GET a touch at that level .
    Multi

Do you think he looks like a player who has worked hard during the summer to come back in peak condition? I don't. He's not able to give 100% because the excess timber he's carrying is stopping him getting to the ball first, it's stopping him from carrying the ball at anything close to what might be described as pace.
    In short, I think he's let himself go and that not professional.