+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gavin Whyte

Gavin Whyte

Disappointed when he was subbed last night, thought he was having a good game.

Just me?

Re: Gavin Whyte

No, he was doing great and he's improving all the time. It was only a tactical substitution

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Disappointed when he was subbed last night, thought he was having a good game.

Just me?
    He was better than he was on Tuesday definitely, but the difference in quality of crossing when Hoilett was on compared to when Whyte was one was marked - Bennett also put over a beauty and there was a decent one from Mendez-Laing. Whyte flatters to deceive for me because he looks threatening when running at people, but then his technique when passing or crossing lets him down as they are poorly delivered in terms of accuracy and/or pace. It might be a mental thing because he's so eager to impress, but, for now, for all the bursts which look good to the crowd, he's having little effect on our attacking play.

Better than he has done in the fact he actually managed to run at the fullback without losing the ball a couple of times but wouldn’t go as far as to say he had a good game. In the way Warnocks team set up we are reliant on wingers to create chances and I’m struggling to think of any meaningful chances he’s created this season.

He also doesn’t cross the ball when he gets in the position to which I find extremely frustrating. What is the point of going back to a clogger like Peltier? I assume Whyte has trained with him every day, he should know he can’t cross the ball? So just cross it your ****ing self!!! It’s not like Peltier is one of those busy fullbacks too keen to get involved and demands the ball.

I also thought Whyte was anonymous 2nd half so wasn’t surprised he was taken off as Warnock only knows how to sub like for like.

Much improved 1st half display.

Showed signs that he could be a good signing.

However Hoillet should be in the side ahead of him.

He should be our 4th choice winger at the moment like Harris was last season. I think he looks better than Harris.

Looks for the pass across the top of the box when he could’ve whipped in a cross.
    He has got better though.

He's only a kid and he's jumped up a division to play in a team which, however much some of the people here hate and constantly denigrate it, includes some top professionals and plays fast.
    I can see him growing into the role every game and he'll be a big big name in the not too distant future.

If a young Gareth Bale was in the team the City haters would be saying he was rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    He's only a kid and he's jumped up a division to play in a team which, however much some of the people here hate and constantly denigrate it, includes some top professionals and plays fast.
    I can see him growing into the role every game and he'll be a big big name in the not too distant future.

If a young Gareth Bale was in the team the City haters would be saying he was rubbish.
    Mate your constant snipes at the members on here is boring.

We all know your game.

You boring ****.

Best showing so far, no doubt but still a long way to go. A lightweight Chris Burke (& that takes some doing!)

includes some top professionals and plays fast.
    Did you write that bit in Crayon?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Mate your constant snipes at the members on here is boring.

We all know your game.

You boring ****.
    What game ?
    I'd have thought the common thing here would be supporting Cardiff City. It is with most Club message boards and it must have been here too at some point. If some of the members here are going to constantly put down the club I love , especially unfairly , well obviously I'm going to object.
    Once again, why not address the subject rather than calling people names ?

Don't rate him that much, but he was ok last night. Lack of end product was worrying - but he did ok.

Suppose though, as said above he is young and will improve given confidence and game time. Last night did him no harm put it like that

What game ?
    I'd have thought the common thing here would be supporting Cardiff City. It is with most Club message boards and it must have been here too at some point. If some of the members here are going to constantly put down the club I love , especially unfairly , well obviously I'm going to object.
    Once again, why not address the subject rather than calling people names ?
    You are constantly having little dogs at our fans. That’s what I chose to address.

Enough of the victim card. Another one of your chosen aces.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    includes some top professionals and plays fast.
    Did you write that bit in Crayon?

These things are relative, but don't talk about professional athletes who've achieved as much as some of our boys have as if they're not in the higher ranks of footballers overall.
    You can see that Robert Glatzel is finding it hard to match their speed of play and the last time I looked at the figures they moved the ball up the field faster than anyone else in the league.

Before last night people were wetting themselves about how great Fulham are, but our boys held them comfortably and only our current TEMPORARY difficulties in the final phase of play allowed them a point.

Yes they are top professionals because even the championship is one of the best leagues in the world and our team includes several international players, and yes the figures show that they play fast so I see no justification in your sarcastic thing about crayons.

In the holistic view of the sport, there aren't many teams which have gone to old Trafford and won 2-0, or held their own for long periods against the very top teams in the Premiership, so they're hardly a pub team or anything.

Just wish he’d cross it first time he beats his man, instead of cutting back and trying to be “over clever”

Do it Barrie Jones style, get to the by line and whip it in

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You are constantly having little dogs at our fans. That’s what I chose to address.

Enough of the victim card. Another one of your chosen aces.

Sorry, but I don't consider them to be fans if they do nothing but knock our boys, our manager and the club itself.
    I'm truly mystified by what I'm reading here all the time because I know for a fact that we've got particularly loyal and committed fans in general.
    I also know that people in other parts of the country have great admiration for our fans loyalty and our team's ability to punch above its weight by playing their own style and system.
    Somehow though, a little nest of malcontents seems to have gathered here who bounce their ill informed anti Cardiff whinging off each other then get together to savage anyone who stands up for the boys on the field or the achievements of the club .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just wish he’d cross it first time he beats his man, instead of cutting back and trying to be “over clever”

Do it Barrie Jones style, get to the by line and whip it in

Great memory, but unfortunately I think modern full backs would just constantly run you over the line if you tried that now

He’s only a kid. He’s still a youngster.

Bollox. He’s 24 in a few months.

He might be young in terms of a Warnock signing but he is no kid.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

He's less than a year younger than Josh Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He's less than a year younger than Josh Murphy.
    Exactly. I don’t recall these cries of lay off Josh Murphy he’s only a kid last season.

No hes not a kid but he has no experience at all of this level. There are signs hes growing into it.

Im hopeful he will be a good investment.

Exactly. I don’t recall these cries of lay off Josh Murphy he’s only a kid last season.
    We shouldn’t lay off him for his age, agree.
    He should try time to settle in though before he’s harshly judged.

He was better last night. He’s got a way to go though.

Yeah but Josh had been playing for Norwich and various England development levels. This boy's been playing at lower levels and probably hasn't had the coaching and experience yet to equip him to perform like Josh.
    Wait and see. I think he's going to be a big talent.

Is he that old? Im manager to a guy who used to play with him for Crusaders over here in Belfast. Aye no excuses for the lack of end product.

Pretty poor spending of £2 odd million - considering we gave away Kadeem for free

So you'd have him ahead of Mendez-Laing and Hoilett?