+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VAR and Soccer Saturday

Re: VAR and Soccer Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    This has gone off topic a bit, but VAR has had a right slagging today on at least 3 programs.
    Sunday Supplement also said there was "appalling referreeing" on the pitch as well as at Stockley Park (where VAR is centred). How come they don't get fined, but Warnock does?
    Why does a manager get fined by the FA but people on TV don't?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    How come they don't get fined, but Warnock does?
    Warnock doesn't get find for poor managerial performances. He gets fined for gobbing off about referees.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Warnock doesn't get find for poor managerial performances. He gets fined for gobbing off about referees.
    Usually to mask a poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I agree it adds nothing to the game. It seems a really odd change as I don't know what was perceived to be the problem in the first place. It benefitted City against Huddersfield, though. I couldn't believe how often they were trying to pass the ball around their own penalty area from goal kicks. It was just idiotic on their part as it was so easy for the City lads to quickly close them down and put them in trouble.
    The problem was that there was no punishment for receiving the ball inside the box, it was simply a retake. So if the keeper played a sloppy pass, the defender could step in and retake the goal kick, stopping the attacker from nipping in and scoring.

The handball rule though, is an absolute p*sstake. I was at a league meeting discussing the new rules and the lead ref (refereed in EFL for 10+ seasons) who was running the training described it as "people making decisions for the sake of making decisions".