+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dont allow democracy die ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dont allow democracy die ??

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If you weren't so bloated with egotism and self-importance you may have noted other messages I have posted hitherto stating that very few people, me included, knew enough of the ramifications of Brexit to vote on the matter with any authority - and many of the people interviewed on the street by the media seem to back up their views on either side of the debate with nothing more than vacuous slogans.

Best not misrepresent my views RB (/WB?) and accuse me of a superiority complex that you undoubtably have yourself. In spades.

Again with the WB crap !
    Whatever I think of my own abilities as compared to some , which is irrelevant anyway so I'm not going to debate it, I'm not suggesting that I should have any more than one vote, or that my opinions - no matter how correct I hold them to be - should outweigh the majority opinion.
    I was horrified when Blair was elected in 1997 and correctly predicted many of the disasters this would lead to, but it never occurred to me that anyone should try to block or reverse it.

The truth is that very few people understand much about the issues they vote for on this issue or a general election either, but that's no reason to doubt the democratic process . The only alternative is war when you really come down to reality, and this is why intelligent men understand the importance of respecting and abiding by it.

Incidentally, this ego battle you seem to be waging is stupid and pointless. No one here knows enough about anyone else to judge them and the conclusions would be meaningless anyway. That all adds up to a total of nothing, so it's not worth consideration in what is actually a very important issue in real terms.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Again with the WB crap !
    Whatever I think of my own abilities as compared to some , which is irrelevant anyway so I'm not going to debate it, I'm not suggesting that I should have any more than one vote, or that my opinions - no matter how correct I hold them to be - should outweigh the majority opinion.
    I was horrified when Blair was elected in 1997 and correctly predicted many of the disasters this would lead to, but it never occurred to me that anyone should try to block or reverse it.

The truth is that very few people understand much about the issues they vote for on this issue or a general election either, but that's no reason to doubt the democratic process . The only alternative is war when you really come down to reality, and this is why intelligent men understand the importance of respecting and abiding by it.

Incidentally, this ego battle you seem to be waging is stupid and pointless. No one here knows enough about anyone else to judge them and the conclusions would be meaningless anyway. That all adds up to a total of nothing, so it's not worth consideration in what is actually a very important issue in real terms.
    Ego battle that I am waging? What ego battle is that? I think you have me confused with someone else as I don't engage with your posts and only responded to your stupid reply to mine. And your posts ooze ego, that's for sure. Superior education, superior judgement, independent thinker blah, blah, blah...
    I have managed to have sensible conversations over the years with everyone except WB/you. Pity you can't say the same aboput your interactions with other posters in the weeks/years you have been on here.

Ego battle that I am waging? What ego battle is that? I think you have me confused with someone else as I don't engage with your posts and only responded to your stupid reply to mine. And your posts ooze ego, that's for sure. Superior education, superior judgement, independent thinker blah, blah, blah...
    I have managed to have sensible conversations over the years with everyone except WB/you. Pity you can't say the same aboput your interactions with other posters in the weeks/years you have been on here.
    Your conversations were only amicable because your debating partners all get their information from the same sources. As soon as you were challenged you took umbrage that someone would dare to question your ideas and beliefs. You are the perfect example of somebody who lives in an echo chamber. People like yourself, lardy and cyril are intolerant, and even to this day have a hard time accepting the reality that you have all been conned. However, the good news is it's not too late to change your ways!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Your conversations were only amicable because your debating partners all get their information from the same sources. As soon as you were challenged you took umbrage that someone would dare to question your ideas and beliefs. You are the perfect example of somebody who lives in an echo chamber. People like yourself, lardy and cyril are intolerant, and even to this day have a hard time accepting the reality that you have all been conned. However, the good news is it's not too late to change your ways!
    You have no idea how I vote or my political leanings. You won't even find a reference or link I have posted to any other source to support an argument of mine so stop being such a complete and deceptive idiot.

You have no idea how I vote or my political leanings. You won't even find a reference or link I have posted to any other source to support an argument of mine so stop being such a complete and deceptive idiot.

Oh, I think we can reasonably guess what your political leanings are from the content of your posts can't we ?

Oh, I think we can reasonably guess what your political leanings are from the content of your posts can't we ?
    I find it incredible that people who claim to be incredibly intelligent, superior and experts in analysis have to fabricate stories on here about other posters. Find me references to my political leanings and find references I have referred to regarding my political views. It's put up or shut up.

Political leanings and voting habits have nothing to do with whether something is true or false. We are back to that old chestnut of fictional reality v objective reality. Many people on here are easily duped, and they get annoyed when you point it out. That's why they like to exist in their own echo chambers, where they can all pat each other on the back, and celebrate their collective false beliefs in unison. To be fair to TBG, he has worked out that established religion is a man-made construct, but unfortunately he can't seem to apply the same logic to any of the other stuff that resides inside his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Political leanings and voting habits have nothing to do with whether something is true or false. We are back to that old chestnut of fictional reality v objective reality. Many people on here are easily duped, and they get annoyed when you point it out. That's why they like to exist in their own echo chambers, where they can all pat each other on the back, and celebrate their collective false beliefs in unison. To be fair to TBG, he has worked out that established religion is a man-made construct, but unfortunately he can't seem to apply the same logic to any of the other stuff that resides inside his head.
    I'm still waiting for any evidence whatsoever about the sources I supposedly get my information from. You are a complete fantasist. Again.