+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is our weakest link

Re: Where is our weakest link

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I take your point but he would say that, wouldn't he. You are right he has been in the game too long for a novice like KC but also for VT and MD and in the absolute dictatorship that CCFC seems to be only person needs to be influenced.
    Of course VT is ultimately the one he needs to keep sweet but KC and MD are Tans eyes and ears on a day to day basis so it’s in Warnock interest to keep them sweet so they are not feeding back anything negatively.

After suffering the Luton game, I’d say our weakest link is running out on to the pitch!

I
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Of course VT is ultimately the one he needs to keep sweet but KC and MD are Tans eyes and ears on a day to day basis so it’s in Warnock interest to keep them sweet so they are not feeding back anything negatively.
    Well, undoubtedly you could be right. Perhaps I think that NW is more Machiavellian than you do. In terms of VT I would imagine that his prime interests are results and budgets. As NW has absolute control as to what happens on the pitch all he needs is absolute control of what happens in transfers and there is only one way to try and get near to that position.

The obvious one is a football brain at boardroom level but also a younger, more modern thinking addition to the coaching staff. Someone who could freshen up our style of play, work on some moves, some new set piece ideas etc. Jepson & Blackwell aren’t up to the task of outthinking & surprising our opponents with a bit of innovation in my opinion.

Looking at this thread and it does seem that things are rocky again:

- Tan apparently doesn't trust football people taking control
    - Warnock apparently doesn't trust taking steps towards a more progressive style of play that it seemed we were trying to with signings such as Camarasa
    - Fans don't really trust Warnock's process this summer or Tan to allow club to take next step.

Surely the club recognise this and are making moves behind the scenes to prepare for a new manager next summer?

I think its a lack of players being comfortable on the ball all over the pitch.

I cant believe we even work on possession on the training ground.

Even half time I was watching Patterson and i believe Vaulks laughing and smashing the ball to each other across the pitch.

Should a professional be uncomfortable on the ball?

It’s like a computer programmer not being fussy on keyboards.

Our weakness for me :

Adjusting to being relegated .

Adjusting to the loss of few good establised players.

Defence has been badly disrupted and needs to adjust to new personal.

Missing big characters in Etheridge, Gunner, Bamba, Manga , Paterson (not fit)

Centre Foward still not found (not many about we can afford)

Cant attract players to the club ??

Pack injury huge blow as he looks quality.

New signings introduced into a pressure pot ,not enabling them to fit in quietly , as fans/ manager demand instance sucess.

We've not played well ,however we have got results ,which some may consider a positive, and we are still in touch with the play offs .

We had one very poor game v reading after losing Pack to a badly timed injury.

The international break is a blessing .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Our weakness for me :

Adjusting to being relegated .

Adjusting to the loss of few good establised players.

Defence has been badly disrupted and needs to adjust to new personal.

Missing big characters in Etheridge, Gunner, Bamba, Manga , Paterson (not fit)

Centre Foward still not found (not many about we can afford)

Cant attract players to the club ??

Pack injury huge blow as he looks quality.

New signings introduced into a pressure pot ,not enabling them to fit in quietly , as fans/ manager demand instance sucess.

We've not played well ,however we have got results ,which some may consider a positive, and we are still in touch with the play offs .

We had one very poor game v reading after losing Pack to a badly timed injury.

The international break is a blessing .
    Most of these points basically amount poor team management and direction.

Poor recruitment, poor scouting and preparation.

We have no-one with experience in the game at board level and a manager who, whilst being a great man manager, is tactically behind the times and whose recruitment is questionable and short termist.

These shortcomings are becoming evident. It was a matter of time really.

The team might well turn things around but the cracks are beginning to show and the shrude thing would be to face up to this and put in the neccessary work to transition from what will be an average season.

To do this the club will need a technical director/DOF to begin with. Let that person decide who to bring in.

All of these things could’ve been done last season instead of dragging feet and going with the lazy option of more Warnock.

At this point the Warnock loyalists may as well put their loyalties to one side because the guy is going to be lying poolside in Mallorca (EU...fookin cheek on the fella...) in a year’s time whilst the rest of us will be following a club who are trying to move on.

If that needs to be sorted sooner rather than later I’d have no qualms in asking the guy to move on.

Our weakest link is usually stood in the technical area shouting at the 4th official

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Most of these points basically amount poor team management and direction.

Poor recruitment, poor scouting and preparation.

We have no-one with experience in the game at board level and a manager who, whilst being a great man manager, is tactically behind the times and whose recruitment is questionable and short termist.

These shortcomings are becoming evident. It was a matter of time really.

The team might well turn things around but the cracks are beginning to show and the shrude thing would be to face up to this and put in the neccessary work to transition from what will be an average season.

To do this the club will need a technical director/DOF to begin with. Let that person decide who to bring in.

All of these things could’ve been done last season instead of dragging feet and going with the lazy option of more Warnock.

At this point the Warnock loyalists may as well put their loyalties to one side because the guy is going to be lying poolside in Mallorca (EU...fookin cheek on the fella...) in a year’s time whilst the rest of us will be following a club who are trying to move on.

If that needs to be sorted sooner rather than later I’d have no qualms in asking the guy to move on.
    Warnock has sorted the club too to bottom though, ask Ronnie the intellectual.

The apparent lack of a plan sums it up for me.
    For example, the summer signings seemed to be about quantity, not quality and had an air of desperation - particularly on deadline day.
    Then you’ve got all the other things covered by Bob and Co., such as what the academy exists for - provide players for Man City?, the hit and hope play, poor scouting and inability to spend money wisely...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Warnock has sorted the club too to bottom though, ask Ronnie the intellectual.
    Gosh you know how to carry a grudge , how sad as the post has decent contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gosh you know how to carry a grudge , how sad as the post has decent contributions.
    I’m sure WB can stick up for himself.

I’m sure WB can stick up for himself.
    He is, using his oldest alias.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He is, using his oldest alias.
    Strange isn’t it!

Our weakest link on the pitch is the midfield. We are a one dimensional team who are worked out by our opponents even before we get on the pitch. Our motto is give it to the wingers but unfortunately at the moment (Whyte in particular) there is no end product. He seems really reluctant to cross the ball into the box hence Glatzel is starved of possession. We need a midfielder like Whitt’s who can feed the ball over the top/through the middle. The best one this season so far was Flint’s putting Murphy through against Fulham.

Whoever at Cardiff City decided letting Bobby Reid go - and then allowing him to go to a promotion rival.

That man is your weakest link and wherever he is in the chain, should be dismissed and never allowed back in any role.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Whoever at Cardiff City decided letting Bobby Reid go - and then allowing him to go to a promotion rival.

That man is your weakest link and wherever he is in the chain, should be dismissed and never allowed back in any role.
    Warnock was going to build his team around him this year, he just forgot to tell bobby before he asked to leave.

Silly billy.

The Transfer "Committee".

I'd love to see how that actually goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The Transfer "Committee".

I'd love to see how that actually goes down.
    We’ve been fooled by “dossiers” and “committees” for way too long.

We’ve been fooled by “dossiers” and “committees” for way too long.
    They couldn't even figure out that Glatzel isn't suited to the role we bought him for between them.

One would think the role comes first and then you look at players to fill it.

Unless the plan was to build a team around Glatzel. I doubt that though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They couldn't even figure out that Glatzel isn't suited to the role we bought him for between them.

One would think the role comes first and then you look at players to fill it.

Unless the plan was to build a team around Glatzel. I doubt that though.
    I worry about Glatzel, not because I think he’s not up to it, but because like you point out they seem to think he’s suitable to bang high long balls up to basically making a lot of what he does seem good at obsolete. He was coming deep for the ball Friday then being out of position when the ball was eventually played up with pace, crazy that they couldn’t do it FOR him when he was up there.