+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is our weakest link

Where is our weakest link

Keep hearing we just can’t put the ball in the back of the net and criticising Glatzl

After last nights showing I can’t even see us getting a ball up to him with an extra man in midfield.

Re: Where is our weakest link

Centre back and it's not even close.

Buying the right players in the transfer market

Our passing coach

Our board of Management

Left back, Bennett not good enough and there's no cover

AN ACTUAL INTEREST IN WANTING TO PLAY PROPER FOOTBALL

Ken Choo. Warnock is pulling his pants down. Some of the signings need serious questioning.

Dai Hunt's Party planner.

Our board. No footballing knowledge or experience at all. Dare I say it, but someone like Huw Jenkins would have seen us as an established Premier League club by now.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Keep hearing we just can’t put the ball in the back of the net and criticising Glatzl

After last nights showing I can’t even see us getting a ball up to him with an extra man in midfield.
    I don't think that Glatzel is up to it although would love to be proved wrong. I actually feel sorry for him, he looks lost and doesn't know where to put himself.

Full backs can’t attack,Warnock always blames wingers for not tracking back to help defenders but our defenders are piss poor at attacking.

The groundsman - who is gamely fighting a terrible grass disease at CCS. This is why we persist in not keeping the ball on the deck.

We need to accept (early as it is) that we must start building for next year.
    This is the main reason why continuing with Warnock was a poor decision.
    This should be Morrisson’s Final season with us and we also need a quality left back. With all the players picked up from Bristol City over the last couple of seasons, I am amazed how we missed Bryan at left back. For me, best player on the pitch for Fulham.
    We should be coaching Mathews to take the right back spot.
    As we progress we can look to sign individuals to fit.
    No need to go out and sign 6 players if they do not have the required quality

The lack of agreement among the answers in this thread so far is not a good sign is it. For what it's worth, I think I'm with Eric, we need a football man to identify what needs sorting out throughout all on field elements of the club and then implement appropriate changes - it would be a long and arduous job, but I just don't see it happening while Vincent Tan is at the club

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ken Choo. Warnock is pulling his pants down. Some of the signings need serious questioning.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    We need to accept (early as it is) that we must start building for next year.
    This is the main reason why continuing with Warnock was a poor decision.
    This should be Morrisson’s Final season with us and we also need a quality left back. With all the players picked up from Bristol City over the last couple of seasons, I am amazed how we missed Bryan at left back. For me, best player on the pitch for Fulham.
    We should be coaching Mathews to take the right back spot.
    As we progress we can look to sign individuals to fit.
    No need to go out and sign 6 players if they do not have the required quality
    So of the 4 first team centre backs you're suggesting we get rid of the second youngest who is also club captain? If its anyone's final season it ought to be Bamba's, Morrison has a while left in him yet. Do you mean Richards or Coxe for the right back spot?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So of the 4 first team centre backs you're suggesting we get rid of the second youngest who is also club captain? If its anyone's final season it ought to be Bamba's, Morrison has a while left in him yet. Do you mean Richards or Coxe for the right back spot?
    Donkey

No, don't agree. Neil Warnock is too wily an operator to be bothered with the underlings. He only needs to influence one person and that is VT so if anyone is getting their pants pulled down it is VT. You are right though about some of the signings needing serious questioning but those answers need to be supplied ny NW.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Donkey
    Regardless of what you think of Morrison, getting rid of him ahead of Bamba, who will be 35 in January and is coming off a nasty injury, is lunacy

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Regardless of what you think of Morrison, getting rid of him ahead of Bamba, who will be 35 in January and is coming off a nasty injury, is lunacy
    I didn’t suggest we did.

I was just saying he’s a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    No, don't agree. Neil Warnock is too wily an operator to be bothered with the underlings. He only needs to influence one person and that is VT so if anyone is getting their pants pulled down it is VT. You are right though about some of the signings needing serious questioning but those answers need to be supplied ny NW.
    Respectfully disagree on the underlings. He is always mentioning them. “Ken and Mehmet have worked so hard, and Vincent too, don’t forget Vincent”.

I do agree he is wily and that’s the point I was initially making. He’s been in the game too long for a novice like Choo.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The lack of agreement among the answers in this thread so far is not a good sign is it. For what it's worth, I think I'm with Eric, we need a football man to identify what needs sorting out throughout all on field elements of the club and then implement appropriate changes - it would be a long and arduous job, but I just don't see it happening while Vincent Tan is at the club
    Let's have that bloke who sunk Bury instead NOT. VT has invested a fortune on the club and it's hardly his fault we have overpaid for several of the players who have failed to deliver. The problem lies with the people responsible for selecting the players by ending up with an unbalanced squad and the purchase of some players who clearly are not up to it.

Respectfully disagree on the underlings. He is always mentioning them. “Ken and Mehmet have worked so hard, and Vincent too, don’t forget Vincent”.

I do agree he is wily and that’s the point I was initially making. He’s been in the game too long for a novice like Choo.
    I take your point but he would say that, wouldn't he. You are right he has been in the game too long for a novice like KC but also for VT and MD and in the absolute dictatorship that CCFC seems to be only person needs to be influenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Let's have that bloke who sunk Bury instead NOT. VT has invested a fortune on the club and it's hardly his fault we have overpaid for several of the players who have failed to deliver. The problem lies with the people responsible for selecting the players by ending up with an unbalanced squad and the purchase of some players who clearly are not up to it.
    I don't understand what your first sentence means when it comes to what I said. What I meant is that past experience says that Vincent Tan will not agree to such a move because of his previous experience when he left football men to their own devices, hence the transfer committee which, being generous, has a mixed record. The truth is though we have not taken the huge opportunity promotion gave us, our transfer dealings since January 2017 have seen us sign too many players who don't make it into the starting eleven on a regular basis, our under 23 side is being comfortably beaten every week this season and our Academy is an embarrassment when you consider that its primary function is to produce first team players for the club.