+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hot Shots

Hot Shots

This typically boring article from WO notes a revealing fact. This season we're getting more shots and more shots on target than anyone except Leeds and Fulham.

That makes nonsense of the naysayers here who are always moaning that our strikers don't get enough service, and it leaves only one possibility , which is that they're not taking their chances very well.

I hesitate to point this out here, because it will be seen as an opportunity for the usual suspects to vent their hate against some of our players and the club itself. I do so, however , to identify a problem which we can and must correct.

The strikers, and the defenders who come up for throws, free kicks and corners need to sharpen up and be better at taking the opportunities being created for them. As I've said here previously , this is our only remaining serious problem, but these figures prove it.

The figures don't lie, and so this proves that all the naive and ill informed nonsense here about Sir Neil's tactics are plain wrong. To put it another way, the attempted fancy pants football being played by the majority of Championship teams isn't creating as many chances as Warnockball does, and that's a fact !

Every human activity can be improved with the right training and practise, so we know what the simple remedy is, don't we ?
    I don't think this is any surprise to the manager or coaching staff of course, but they've had to work their way through the problems starting from the back which is the correct way, and we've seen the drilling improve the defence, then the midfield and now they can afford to work on the goal conversion rate.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-16847382

Re: Hot Shots

Have you watched us this season?

A lot of our so called shots are tame to say the least and usually off target. Many are half chances, not your guilt edge chances that most strikers should bury.

Well the first bit is exactly what I'm saying. Separating chances and half chances......hard.

The article is boring. The figures it quotes are telling though.

Why on EARTH have you got to call people names from behind your keyboard ? I wish you wouldn't.

So only our strikers have attempted shots then? There’s no way a number of them attempts came from others on the field?

How does it make a mockery of the naysayers.

Troll. Multi. ****. Multi.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    This typically boring article from WO notes a revealing fact. This season we're getting more shots and more shots on target than anyone except Leeds and Fulham.

That makes nonsense of the naysayers here who are always moaning that our strikers don't get enough service, and it leaves only one possibility , which is that they're not taking their chances very well.

I hesitate to point this out here, because it will be seen as an opportunity for the usual suspects to vent their hate against some of our players and the club itself. I do so, however , to identify a problem which we can and must correct.

The strikers, and the defenders who come up for throws, free kicks and corners need to sharpen up and be better at taking the opportunities being created for them. As I've said here previously , this is our only remaining serious problem, but these figures prove it.

The figures don't lie, and so this proves that all the naive and ill informed nonsense here about Sir Neil's tactics are plain wrong. To put it another way, the attempted fancy pants football being played by the majority of Championship teams isn't creating as many chances as Warnockball does, and that's a fact !

Every human activity can be improved with the right training and practise, so we know what the simple remedy is, don't we ?
    I don't think this is any surprise to the manager or coaching staff of course, but they've had to work their way through the problems starting from the back which is the correct way, and we've seen the drilling improve the defence, then the midfield and now they can afford to work on the goal conversion rate.

You should be the next Cardiff manager...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So only our strikers have attempted shots then? There’s no way a number of them attempts came from others on the field?

How does it make a mockery of the naysayers.

Troll. Multi. ****. Multi.

Well , as I said, it includes defenders who come up for set pieces, so you should really read something before going onto auto abuse.

I'm not a multi identity and if you think I am, let's take that as a measure of your judgement.

I'm certainly not a troll - do you understand that term ? This is another example of " everyone I don't like is a Nazi ", isn't it ?

As I said to the other chap, I wish you could make your point without screaming abuse at people .

Well , as I said, it includes defenders who come up for set pieces, so you should really read something before going onto auto abuse.

I'm not a multi identity and if you think I am, let's take that as a measure of your judgement.

I'm certainly not a troll - do you understand that term ? This is another example of " everyone I don't like is a Nazi ", isn't it ?

As I said to the other chap, I wish you could make your point without screaming abuse at people .
    Thankfully its only a few who just get personal if they see something they don't agree with.

Probaly into road rage as well.

Interestingly Hull and Stoke are worse for goal conversions and you could argue they have better strikers at their disposal.

I feel its now down to confidence, and the longer it goes in the pressures will build ,and make it even tougher until we bag a run of wins ..

Yeah. I think Glatzel is finding the play a bit too fast at the moment, and for whatever reason we don't look as dangerous from corners long throws and free kicks. I think we'll get it right soon

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thankfully its only a few who just get personal if they see something they don't agree with.

Probaly into road rage as well.
    I don’t get personal if I don’t agree with something though mate, but that Ronnie fella is definitely a multi and I will continue to call him one.

I don’t get personal if I don’t agree with something though mate, but that Ronnie fella is definitely a multi and I will continue to call him one.

I'm not of course, but why do you think I'd care if some ignorant bloke in Wales called me that either way ?
    I honestly thought that even the thickest people here had grasped the fact that I'm not WB by now.

One thing I do find remarkable is that so many people spend their time trying to identify duplicate accounts and probably running their own I expect. Otherwise I can't see why they'd find it such an important subject.

I'm not of course, but why do you think I'd care if some ignorant bloke in Wales called me that either way ?
    I honestly thought that even the thickest people here had grasped the fact that I'm not WB by now.

One thing I do find remarkable is that so many people spend their time trying to identify duplicate accounts and probably running their own I expect. Otherwise I can't see why they'd find it such an important subject.
    It doesn’t take time. It stands out like a sore thumb.

It doesn’t take time. It stands out like a sore thumb.

Well, let me repeat my previous offer. Let's have a £500 bet . A trusted third party such as the board administrator can hold the money and, actually I'll give you 10/1, but put your money up first.

Well, let me repeat my previous offer. Let's have a £500 bet . A trusted third party such as the board administrator can hold the money and, actually I'll give you 10/1, but put your money up first.
    What was your previous offer?

Why would I bet just under a weeks wages with the boards James McAvoy?

Because if you're right you'll get £5,000 plus your stake back, and you seem quite certain about it.
    Why do you call yourself " warrior" by the way ? Have you seen much active service ?

Because if you're right you'll get £5,000 plus your stake back, and you seem quite certain about it.
    Why do you call yourself " warrior" by the way ? Have you seen much active service ?
    “What was your previous offer”

You love not answering properly don’t you.