+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ole’s record at Man U is worse than it was at a cardiff

Ole’s record at Man U is worse than it was at a cardiff

Last 16 games for us-

P16 W4 D3 L9- he got sacked and was ridiculed pretty much universally.

For Man U

P16 W3 D4 L9- they all backing him and still think he is a legend and great manager who just needs more time.

Strange game isn’t it?

Re: Ole’s record at Man U is worse than it was at a cardiff

Post below

Looked a crazy appointment when he went there- then first game they thrash us 5-1 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Looked a crazy appointment when he went there- then first game they thrash us 5-1 😂
    I can understand fans not expecting united to win the league.

However the fact is the season before ole took over United finished 2nd in the table. Now ole has taken Man U down to relegation form over half a season and their fans see him as a hero. If he was anybody else then with this record he would be absolutely ridiculed!

I know Sanchez has been awful but before he moved he was one of the top 3 pm players and Lukaku has scored goals everywhere. United have spent a lot of money on players who wouldn't get into rivals teams.

It also shows that even a club with that much money and talent can't rely on trying to entertain instead of trying to win. We certainly couldn't , and yet we frequently see posters here calling for a return to what were essentially Ole's tactics for the game .

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I can understand fans not expecting united to win the league.

However the fact is the season before ole took over United finished 2nd in the table. Now ole has taken Man U down to relegation form over half a season and their fans see him as a hero. If he was anybody else then with this record he would be absolutely ridiculed!
    Like Pochettino?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Like Pochettino?
    4th and winning the derby and not long appeared in the champions league final?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It also shows that even a club with that much money and talent can't rely on trying to entertain instead of trying to win. We certainly couldn't , and yet we frequently see posters here calling for a return to what were essentially Ole's tactics for the game .
    That’s right: we’ve chosen to not entertain and not win - much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    That’s right: we’ve chosen to not entertain and not win - much.

No, I didn't say that. It's difficult to win at this level so we can't afford to try and entertain. Actually, I find winning entertaining enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No, I didn't say that. It's difficult to win at this level so we can't afford to try and entertain. Actually, I find winning entertaining enough.
    Most teams start to entertain and take some risks when they are on a good run ,with points in the bag , at the moment we just trying to grab any result and look too frightened, to risk anything, or try to entertain.