+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman plays the "plucky little Cardiff City" card.

Re: Mehmet Dalman plays the "plucky little Cardiff City" card.

You’d hope they had a shortlist already.

Why if Warnock ****s off by November when he realises we’re headed for mid table? (Not saying we will be headed for mid table it’s a what if..before the usuals start)

What worries me is that Warnock will be involved in choosing his successor? We'll probably end up with Kevin Blackwell!

Mind you it could all juts be paper talk, and he saying the usual trite stuff that Chairmen are supposed to say.

"Gavin Whyte looks exciting" and Glatzel trains hard. Everything is OK then? I'd train hard if I was on his money.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, it must be him because he talks about him straight after he made that statement - I'd say we're really missing Bruno as well, but I think it could have been phrased better because it hardly paints Aden Flint in a good light.
    I'd argue we also miss Gunnar, although Pack would probably help limit that. Someone to tell the midfielders where to be. I think we also miss them because they're Gunnar and Manga, two massive presences in the dressing room. It is a bit odd he's come out and said that, although I do agree with him as I'm a big Manga fan. He also seems like a lovely bloke.

Once again , it's a hate Cardiff City fest here.
    Never seen anything like it on a supporters message board .

It's clear that the club are living within its means, that's fine. However there are questions that rise out of this.

Last year, our attendance was the 13th best in the football pyramid, around 2 and a half times greater than our last season at Ninian park. Even after relegation it is currently 24th. Is that not worth some greater investment to try and produce a club that are Premier League regulars? There appears to be no building on promotion from just over a year ago. For so many businessmen to be on the board, how come this is the case? Surely one key to any successful business is forward planning.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Once again , it's a hate Cardiff City fest here.
    Never seen anything like it on a supporters message board .
    I’m paraphrasing, but by your own admission you’re not really a football fan. You live close to a number of PL teams and even once lived just 200 yards from the Nou Camp but you have no interest in football in general... it’s just Cardiff City for you.

That’s admirable, but indulge me here and let me know which other clubs supporters message boards you visit every now and then.

Same old people clogging the manager, club and chairman again. This thread is a golden example of what I have been on about. Now its confirmed that VT and Dalman read it, it will only get worse as these people, who dislike the club, look for their minute of glory to make themselves feel important and feed their ego’s. Its embarrassing and I am obviously not the only person who now thinks so. Cue personal insults .....

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’m paraphrasing, but by your own admission you’re not really a football fan. You live close to a number of PL teams and even once lived just 200 yards from the Nou Camp but you have no interest in football in general... it’s just Cardiff City for you.

That’s admirable, but indulge me here and let me know which other clubs supporters message boards you visit every now and then.
    East Anglia is heaving with Premier League clubs....

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Same old people clogging the manager, club and chairman again. This thread is a golden example of what I have been on about. Now its confirmed that VT and Dalman read it, it will only get worse as these people, who dislike the club, look for their minute of glory to make themselves feel important and feed their ego’s. Its embarrassing and I am obviously not the only person who now thinks so. Cue personal insults .....
    You’re entitled to your views on a message board, as much as anyone criticising the team, manager or senior management are. If any of the City board do read this message board and are offended by any posts criticising( I doubt they do or are), then for me, they’re in the wrong job.

I pay good money every year to watch this club and I am entitled to criticise what I see if it's required. Why you feel the need to have unwavering "loyalty" as you call it, is bizarre.

Heisenberg

Who else thinks that it's embarrassing?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    You’re entitled to your views on a message board, as much as anyone criticising the team, manager or senior management are. If any of the City board do read this message board and are offended by any posts criticising( I doubt they do or are), then for me, they’re in the wrong job.
    You are spot on.

I doubt they care, they have thick skin and probably laugh most of it off.

embarrassed adjective
    em·​bar·​rassed | \ im-ˈber-əst , -ˈba-rəst\
    Definition of embarrassed
    : feeling or showing a state of self-conscious confusion and distress

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Apparently Tan was overheard saying to Dalman "Isn't it a coincidence Wales-Bales and Ronnie Bird are the only people who back their points up with embedded Youtube videos"
    Multimedia is the future of the internet, and it's much better than reading text that lacks proper puntuation!

Surely it’s important to speak out if we feel that things are not right at the club?
    It’s draconian to expect us all to follow like sheep - somewhat reminiscent of the political landscape, but that’s another discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's clear that the club are living within its means, that's fine. However there are questions that rise out of this.

Last year, our attendance was the 13th best in the football pyramid, around 2 and a half times greater than our last season at Ninian park. Even after relegation it is currently 24th. Is that not worth some greater investment to try and produce a club that are Premier League regulars? There appears to be no building on promotion from just over a year ago. For so many businessmen to be on the board, how come this is the case? Surely one key to any successful business is forward planning.
    Last season, Bouremouth had an average attendance of 11,000 and Leeds had an average attendance of 34,000.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Last season, Bouremouth had an average attendance of 11,000 and Leeds had an average attendance of 34,000.
    Indeed. Bournemouth have had a great deal of investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Multimedia is the future of the internet, and it's much better than reading text that lacks proper puntuation!
    It’s great to see 60+ year olds are so tech savvy

Yeah, and of course the fact that they've got a bit of experience and education means that they know how to reference it to something.

Another potentially interesting thread ruined by a loser using 3 or 4 accounts to post unrelated rubbish.

Besides the jacks and fans of other teams, there is not one person who posts on here that hates the club. Stop repeating the same self-serving lies.

Just because you've spent your whole life afraid to speak out, doesn't mean the rest of us have to. What's embarrassing here is your blind acceptance of second best. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Besides the jacks and fans of other teams, there is not one person who posts on here that hates the club. Stop repeating the same self-serving lies.

Just because you've spent your whole life afraid to speak out, doesn't mean the rest of us have to. What's embarrassing here is your blind acceptance of second best. It's pathetic.
    Another accurate post.

Re: Mehmet Dalman plays the "plucky little Cardiff City" card

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think the difference in City's case is that most of last season's signings appeared to be made with at least one eye on relegation, ie: they were essentially seen as good Championship players who would hopefully make the team a lot stronger this season if, as expected, the club was relegated from the Premier League.

In the event, Murphy and Bacuna are playing regularly and Smithies is playing by default because Etheridge is injured, while Reid and Cunningham have been loaned out to other Championship teams. It's a bit of a mess.
    Yep ... that’s what I alluded too in the sentence after the part of my post you highlighted

Re: Mehmet Dalman plays the "plucky little Cardiff City" card

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Yep ... that’s what I alluded too in the sentence after the part of my post you highlighted
    What I was getting at is the expectation levels are possibly higher based on last season's transfer activity. Many fans appeared to give the club a pass last year, believing that signings would make the team that much stronger in the Championship in the event of relegation. It turns out two of them have been shipped out to other Championship clubs and those that remain are not exactly pulling up any trees.