+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman plays the "plucky little Cardiff City" card.

Mehmet Dalman plays the "plucky little Cardiff City" card.

It was "quite a miracle" we got promoted and the players bought in are. Seems he's happy to continue without some sort of director of football, so, does this mean he is happy with the present situation of transfer committees, an Under 23 side that's losing every week and an Academy that doesn't produce first team footballers?

Interestingly, he thinks that the players brought in this summer are improvements on what we had in 2017/18 in all bar one case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49544239

Re: Mehmet Dalman plays the "plucky little Cardiff City" card.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was "quite a miracle" we got promoted and the players bought in are. Seems he's happy to continue without some sort of director of football, so, does this mean he is happy with the present situation of transfer committees, an Under 23 side that's losing every week and an Academy that doesn't produce first team footballers?

Interestingly, he thinks that the players brought in this summer are improvements on what we had in 2017/18 in all bar one case.

He also says he reads the Fans Forums as does Tan, LMAO. Gawd knows what he makes of this one

Normally have quite a bit of time for MD but this interview sums up our ambition this season.

Gone are, the thinking big club
    Gone are, we are going to give it right a go this season
    No sign of a DOF
    To sum up MD interview , this season we are looking to be competitive.

The most depressing part of that piece is it reads like he doesn’t want Warnock to retire, there has been no planning for the next manager, and Warnock himself is going to help choose the next manager.

We are so stuck in the past its incredible. A reactive football club not a pro active one.

The guy is a suit and tie and little more. No substance.

His product is cheap and his model dated.

The team is better? Reality would suggest otherwise .

I don’t want to think about a replacement till christmas. Why not? Do you have anything better to do?

These people seem worryingly amateurish ... even if it’s just from a public relations standpoint.

It’s probably obvious but I can’t think. Who is the one player who has weakened the squad?

Can't win really. He's just being realistic, a few more chairman and owners would do well to do so.

He says top 6 is the minimum aim.

He enjoys working with Warnock, I'm sure he does.

Is a director or football needed? Seems the in fashion thing at the moment, has come in andnout a few times over the years. If that's something the club go for then it's a position arguably more powerful and more important than the manager. I don't see that ever happening under Tan.

Looks like the training ground has also been placed on the back burner

No updates on the Bellamy investigation then.

Signing Glatzel took three years?!

There is a massive lack of ambition in terms of money we spend and I do genuinely wonder where the money is as the lucrative PL wages of six years ago are long gone.

I do agree with him however that it was a miracle to go up in the first place so top 6 would be a good achievement this season. I think people feel as we came down from the PL last season, we should automatically be right up there this year. That's hard enough at the best of times never mind the poor recruitment drive over the last 12 months.

If there's such thing as the cliche of being promoted too soon then I would argue we were it. We were left with a side who massively overachieved in a weak Championship, propped up with loan signings in the PL. And having lost them loan signings, and a couple of our main men from the promotion campaign, our squad looks ten times weaker and promotion a distant dream. That's the reality of it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    He also says he reads the Fans Forums as does Tan, LMAO. Gawd knows what he makes of this one
    Probably thinks better of it than another one I can think of!!! But yes I can’t imagine they like too much of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    It’s probably obvious but I can’t think. Who is the one player who has weakened the squad?
    Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Apparently Tan was overheard saying to Dalman "Isn't it a coincidence Wales-Bales and Ronnie Bird are the only people who back their points up with embedded Youtube videos"

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I do agree with him however that it was a miracle to go up in the first place so top 6 would be a good achievement this season. I think people feel as we came down from the PL last season, we should automatically be right up there this year. That's hard enough at the best of times never mind the poor recruitment drive over the last 12 months.
    I think the difference in City's case is that most of last season's signings appeared to be made with at least one eye on relegation, ie: they were essentially seen as good Championship players who would hopefully make the team a lot stronger this season if, as expected, the club was relegated from the Premier League.

In the event, Murphy and Bacuna are playing regularly and Smithies is playing by default because Etheridge is injured, while Reid and Cunningham have been loaned out to other Championship teams. It's a bit of a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Manga
    Yes, it must be him because he talks about him straight after he made that statement - I'd say we're really missing Bruno as well, but I think it could have been phrased better because it hardly paints Aden Flint in a good light.

«Whoever it is who succeeds Warnock, Dalman has indicated Cardiff have no plans to change the club's footballing structure by appointing a sporting director or similar role to work alongside any future manager or head coach.»

Well, that’s it for Cardiff then. Until either Dalman or Tan die of old age..

A longer version of the same interview here

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-16847272

While I still believe the Chelsea game was right near the top of any list of single games that played a big part in our relegation, the Fulham match would always be above it.

Yes, it must be him because he talks about him straight after he made that statement - I'd say we're really missing Bruno as well, but I think it could have been phrased better because it hardly paints Aden Flint in a good light.
    The only light you could paint him in, to make him look like he improves the side, is the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    «Whoever it is who succeeds Warnock, Dalman has indicated Cardiff have no plans to change the club's footballing structure by appointing a sporting director or similar role to work alongside any future manager or head coach.»

Well, that’s it for Cardiff then. Until either Dalman or Tan die of old age..
    Depends which manager they get in I suppose. I'd rather us have a DoF but plenty of succesful clubs have operated with just a manager. It just needs to be a progressive manager willing to change the whole structure of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The only light you could paint him in, to make him look like he improves the side, is the dark.
    But it doesn't look good for the club Chairman to be saying things like that.

A longer version of the same interview here

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-16847272

While I still believe the Chelsea game was right near the top of any list of single games that played a big part in our relegation, the Fulham match would always be above it.
    True, Bob, but in spite of the shocking state of the refs the single factor was we tried to do it on the cheap and didn't get a PL striker in the summer.

StT.
    <><

Depends which manager they get in I suppose. I'd rather us have a DoF but plenty of succesful clubs have operated with just a manager. It just needs to be a progressive manager willing to change the whole structure of the club.
    Agree that other clubs. But Cardiff is desperate for a football man upstairs. The need is so big that it would take it would take Guardiola to get it going. Who is going to take on building a football team out of this lot? Getting the academy up and running and getting the club up to where it belong?
    It sure isn’t Dalman. Don’t know why he is there, but I’m sure he will be happy with 10k season ticket holders next year also.

Not in our case though mate. The fact that there is so little footballing nous at our club makes it imperative that a structure is put in place to change that.

Call it a director of football, sporting director, head of recruitment or whatever else you want, but something needs to be put in place.

Tan also needs to do this to protect himself and his own money.

We are incredibly open to abuse at the moment and from top to bottom people are unanswerable. Its ridiculous for a club with ambitions to play in the highest league in the country.

As others have said, for him to say that he's not even thinking about the next manager until Christmas beggars belief. That's something you hear in a boys club u7s team!

What I find even more bizarre is that there'll be "fans" queuing up defending his incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Not in our case though mate. The fact that there is so little footballing nous at our club makes it imperative that a structure is put in place to change that.

Call it a director of football, sporting director, head of recruitment or whatever else you want, but something needs to be put in place.

Tan also needs to do this to protect himself and his own money.

We are incredibly open to abuse at the moment and from top to bottom people are unanswerable. Its ridiculous for a club with ambitions to play in the highest league in the country.

As others have said, for him to say that he's not even thinking about the next manager until Christmas beggars belief. That's something you hear in a boys club u7s team!

What I find even more bizarre is that there'll be "fans" queuing up defending his incompetence.
    DML first in the queue maybe?