+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Serious question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Serious question

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't think that's the case though mate.

I watched Warnock go bananas recently when Bennett attempted to overlap.

My memory is a bit vague too but I'm sure in one of his recent press conferences he alluded to something along these lines regarding players not listening to his instructions (ie they didn't get the ball into dangerous areas enough)
    Only because we had just retaken the lead in the match and there was very little time left to play.

Could we score a goal like that. Of course there is nothing complicated in what was done it's not like it was tight passing around the box. Knocked it arou Nd the back made the pitch big by sitting deep knocked a ball out wide and ball in for a tap in.

Everyone has this obsession of trying to play like this. The ones who have had success are the ones who started doing it earlier than everyone else bournemouth Swansea etc..

When everyone is a carbon copy of each other what wins is better players. We probably won't score a goal like that but the ball.hitting the net is the most important thing.

Teams aren't playing against what we do week in week out which is why so many struggle.

Yes the season hasn't been great but it's very early and the last 2 were as good as it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Could we score a goal like that. Of course there is nothing complicated in what was done it's not like it was tight passing around the box. Knocked it arou Nd the back made the pitch big by sitting deep knocked a ball out wide and ball in for a tap in.

Everyone has this obsession of trying to play like this. The ones who have had success are the ones who started doing it earlier than everyone else bournemouth Swansea etc..

When everyone is a carbon copy of each other what wins is better players. We probably won't score a goal like that but the ball.hitting the net is the most important thing.

Teams aren't playing against what we do week in week out which is why so many struggle.

Yes the season hasn't been great but it's very early and the last 2 were as good as it has been.
    Your last but one paragraph may have applied the morning after we won promotion, but we've played forty four league matches since then and while "so many" of our opponents may have struggled with our approach, far more of them have beaten us than been beaten by us.