+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Serious question

Re: Serious question

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    For every goal I've seen with this kind of passing up the pitch, I can also remember a defender losing the ball outside his own box that leads to a goal conceded. Look how much trouble we gave Arsenal at home last season when they tried playing out from the back and they have some fantastic footballers.
    There is a big difference between playing-it-out-of-defence type football and the type of head tennis football that got us our winner against Luton. Fair enough, it did the job but that type of football is desperate and will only work sometimes.

Clearing your lines is ok. Long kicks from the keeper is fine. But when the second ball is won in and around the centre spot, we should be looking to retain it a bit long and work the ball to the wings, or through the middle, or even shift it back a little and look to work an opening through keeping possession of the ball in and around midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh God, I see with this reply and the thread you started about all of our negative supporters, you are off on one today - I'm not very interested, but what is it that I said which so outraged you?

Didn't outrage me. Very little outrages me these days - not even the minority of kids who vent their mouths as if they're fighting men.
    No, I was just pointing out that you can't realistically take the brave footballing style of Blaen Rhondda or whoever it was as a pattern for the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Didn't outrage me. Very little outrages me these days - not even the minority of kids who vent their mouths as if they're fighting men.
    No, I was just pointing out that you can't realistically take the brave footballing style of Blaen Rhondda or whoever it was as a pattern for the Championship.
    Don’t you see that the point is that these lower level teams are playing with more focus and what looks likes an actual plan, rather than lumping it over the midfield in the (usually vain) hope that a giraffe will magically appear and win the ball?

Why is that you ignore the fact that the two top sides in the league play the ball on the floor. If you think championship sides that have got promoted and/or stayed in the PL , none of them play long ball. It’s ineffective.

Yet you stubbornly insist, based on nothing, that long ball is the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Why is that you ignore the fact that the two top sides in the league play the ball on the floor. If you think championship sides that have got promoted and/or stayed in the PL , none of them play long ball. It’s ineffective.

Nor any of the teams promoted last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

I'd say that it's the best way forward for us at the moment. It's something which we can probably do effectively once the new setup is tweaked a bit and it's different to what everyone else is doing.
    If and when it works properly it's harder to play against than the standard style.

I'll give you this though, it's storing up trouble for when we HAVE to change it, which we will if we get promoted. That'll be a hard and probably exoensive thing to between seasons, but I honestly think that if we start that as a gradual process right now then it'll take two or three years to get right if we ever do, and we'd have to do that with Championship incomes whilst trying to persuade top players and a top manager to join our brave experiment in the second level .

I'll give you this though, it's storing up trouble for when we HAVE to change it, which we will if we get promoted.
    Kerching!

It's also probable that we'll end up changing it with a new manager.

So if we get promotion or we have a new manager, we'll end up getting rid of Warnockball. You acknowledge a rapid change would cause huge problems, so winning promotion and seeing Warnock leave would probably relegate us unless the board and Tan back the new man with lots of funds. Apart from parachute payments, there's little advantage to promotion this season.

Logically, there's little point to Warnock being here, by your own comments. Trouble starts when he leaves. Why not rebuild now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Kerching!

So if we get promotion or we have a new manager, we'll end up getting rid of Warnockball. You acknowledge a rapid change would cause huge problems, so winning promotion and seeing Warnock leave would probably relegate us unless the board and Tan back the new man with lots of funds. Apart from parachute payments, there's little advantage to promotion this season.

Logically, there's little point to Warnock being here, by your own comments. Trouble starts when he leaves. Why not rebuild now?
    Not a chance you'll get a reply

Kerching!

Not a chance of Tan backing the club with funds any time soon. Man, this club is heading to be Deadsville USA.

Kerching!

All of this! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Not a chance of Tan backing the club with funds any time soon. Man, this club is heading to be Deadsville USA.
    You are right about Tan. But the club isn’t heading anywhere, and that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    You are right about Tan. But the club isn’t heading anywhere, and that is the problem.

Thanks. I've been saying it for ages. His companies in the Far East are struggling for cash and he's already sold one of his other football clubs. I can see him selling this club too if he can get a buyer.

Sorry, I meant to say that Dorcas had been saying it for ages and he probably thinks Vincent Tan would sell the club.

Thanks. I've been saying it for ages. His companies in the Far East are struggling for cash and he's already sold one of his other football clubs. I can see him selling this club too if he can get a buyer.
    I reckon that could be said for a large percentage of club owners, not just Vincent Tan.

Sorry, I meant to say that Dorcas had been saying it for ages and he probably thinks Vincent Tan would sell the club.
    Wait, are you Dorcas? Asking for a friend

Kerching!

This has been the central issue since the moment we got relegated, but everybody has just buried their heads in the sand, and this elephant isn't leaving the room anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wait, are you Dorcas? Asking for a friend

No, as I said, I just commented on what Dorcas would probably say if he'd been answering the post

Feckinn hell 😂😂 Moral is, dont drink and multi post..

I keep saying I've only got one identity.
    I don't see anything wrong with parodying what Dorcas might say, or having similar opinions to other people