+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought I saw a glimmer of hope on Friday

I thought I saw a glimmer of hope on Friday

We weren"t thumped by the team that are rated as one of, if not the best, footballing sides in the division & who were/are tipped by many bookies to get promoted.
    The side looked like it has started to gel a little.
    Playing against 10 men is always hard.
    We have a couple of important players to return from injury which should strengthen us.
    Bacuna was much improved.
    Yes it wasn"t pretty to watch but TBH that is expected of a Warnock side.
    I feel a little more confident for the rest of the season.

Re: I thought I saw a glimmer of hope on Friday

We are an average side

We were competitive but lacked quality.

Limited. We are hugely limited. Cro-Magnon football.

We should have won it and nullified Fulham to limited dangerous play.

We're getting better every week, but really need some of these injuries to come back if we're going to mount a promotion challenge. Bamba, Etheridge, Pack and Mendez Laing are going to be crucial when the games come thick and fast. Players like Damour and Tomlin have done well for us but we can't rely on them to play every week.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    We weren"t thumped by the team that are rated as one of, if not the best, footballing sides in the division & who were/are tipped by many bookies to get promoted.
    We have a couple of important players to return from injury which should strengthen us.

Yeah you're quite right. After all the difficulties it was very positive and the team was starting to come together.

The replies you've got here though are depressing. It seems that a majority of posters here refuse to acknowledge anything good about Cardiff City and have no loyalty toward the club whatsoever. That's the mentality of the professional loser, and I honestly don't know how much more I can listen to it.

Fulham didn't play well at all. If that's all they've got they can kiss top two goodbye. Our failure to make anything happen after they went down to 10 men and especially our play during injury time were especially vexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post

We're getting better every week, but really need some of these injuries to come back if we're going to mount a promotion challenge. Bamba, Etheridge, Pack and Mendez Laing are going to be crucial when the games come thick and fast. Players like Damour and Tomlin have done well for us but we can't rely on them to play every week.
    Damour?

I think he meant Peltier - I'm always mixing their names up myself actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post

Damour??? That guy that plays in Scotland, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bezooo View Post
    Damour??? That guy that plays in Scotland, right?
    Have a Heart(s)...

Did he mean Bacuna?

I though the same , they do the triangle passing so well in their own half ,not really going anywhere ,we coped with a far better side than us on a man for man basis .

In fact I think we should be happier than the Fulham fans on that showing .

We always knew we lacked their multi million valued higher wage side .

I'm guessing old Arrie Artery would have bled for us, if we had slung another 10k per week at him .

Its all about the wage .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Fulham didn't play well at all. If that's all they've got they can kiss top two goodbye. Our failure to make anything happen after they went down to 10 men and especially our play during injury time were especially vexing.
    It would have been a good time to bring Tomlin on, but he'd just been taken off having spent an hour battling to win headers and second balls.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It would have been a good time to bring Tomlin on, but he'd just been taken off having spent an hour battling to win headers and second balls.
    Good point👍

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The thread should have ended with this response.

It is generally accepted that it is as hard, if not harder, to beat 10 men than 11.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    We lacked quality our promotion season.

Thought that we showed some fight & spirit however 1. We lack a bit of quality
    2. Lack creativity in the middle
    3. Need to improve our finishing

Still a few players to come back from injury, add another creative midfielder & hopefully we should see big improvements.

It is generally accepted that it is as hard, if not harder, to beat 10 men than 11.
    No, it isn't. That is a myth. If that were the case, teams would start with 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Agreed. We should be bringing him on for 30 instead of starting him for 60. The last 10 minutes are useless anyway.

No, it isn't. That is a myth. If that were the case, teams would start with 10 men.
    Unless of course they start the game actually wanting to win in which case they would start with 11 men, 12 if they could get away with it.
    Do you have anything to back up up your statement that it is a myth that 10 men are as hard if not harder to beat than 11 ?
    I am guessing that it is because the team that have gone down a man will usually play everyone behind the ball but I stand to be corrected.

Unless of course they start the game actually wanting to win in which case they would start with 11 men, 12 if they could get away with it.
    Do you have anything to back up up your statement that it is a myth that 10 men are as hard if not harder to beat than 11 ?
    I am guessing that it is because the team that have gone down a man will usually play everyone behind the ball but I stand to be corrected.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34350828

Try this....is there any team on the planet that wouldn’t prefer an extra man advantage?

Well as I said I stand corrected then.

No it isn't