+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Supporters

Re: Our Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Therefore, you are talking complete and utter shit, because literally nobody on this message board thinks this current squad of players would beat Liverpool if they were told to express themselves.

The fact is that City aren't even in the same division as Liverpool this season. They are, however, in the same division as Wigan, Reading, Blackburn and Fulham.
    They'd struggle to beat Bury

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I don't mind flippancy , piss taking or disagreement. I welcome it and I can laugh at myself.
    I'm not so keen on moronic insults for the sake of it or constant ****ing ridiculous accusations that I'm some other bloke pretending to be me.

The only thing I'll argue with you about in that post is the bit about "you zeros". I don't think that about anyone and I don't think I've said it about anyone either. I particularly don't think it about Cardiff City fans and - trust me- I've stuck my neck out a few times for people just because they are Cardiff City fans.

I'm more than loyal to the manager , I'm partisan and I'll admit that freely. It's my nature not to turn my coat and yes I'm grateful for what he's done for us. I also happen to believe that whatever the limitations of Warnockball, it's our best option at this stage and has a much better chanceof taking us back up than this " sunshine football" which absolutely everyone else tries to play without much success .
    That's my opinion, and it's based on a bit of experience and thought, but of course you can disagree and you may well be right.

BUT..... What I'm talking about is this constant bloody moaning from some people who seem to think that all you've got to do is tell the players to express themselves and they'll start beating Liverpool. We've set off on a particular course and at this point it'd be better to come together and get behind it than look for faults.

I also disagree about last season. We came very bloody close to pulling it off and although I was devastated when we didn't I hoped that we'd have kept most of the team and run this league ragged from the getgo. That didn't quite happen we know , but despite the lesser quality and too numerous replacements which have caused the glitch , I think it's still possible for them to iron out the problems and create a new steam hammer in time to catch up. It's much too late though to change our style now, and the very best hope we've got is to forget all that for now and get behind those boys who are trying to make it work.
    So, you think Warnockball is the best option based on what? Thought and experience. And, you freely admit you can’t be moved on your opinion of NW.

The “moaners” who want “sunshine football” and think that we can beat Liverpool if we express ourselves....

Do you see how this might amount to

“ You zeros should be grateful for having Warnock”

Like, you say Warnock is untouchable based on nothing and then you say the rest of us are moaners based on some wishy washy stereotype of the modern day football fan seen through the eyes of talk sport and “big sam”.

Fans on here are saying that the recruitment has been questionable yet again. The tactics NW frequently applies are verging on disgraceful. It’s awful to watch and the bottom line is, we are struggling to get results. How can you argue with that?

This is off the back of a PL season that how ever much you say we almost stayed up, we went down... and it wasn’t a last minute of the last game “almost”. We were chasing and hanging on to hope from about February onwards. People will remember the Leicester game but we were so gutless or clueless in a lot of those games as well.......Watford, Everton Fulham, Palace, Newcastle, Bournemouth.

I’m also sick of Neil falling back on this fockin underdogs card all the time as well. I’ve seen the trick season upon season and for the last two it hasn’t worked. It’s also a sly trick because if it works you look like an absolute hero and if you lose you’ve got a ready made excuse.

Bored of it.

I also happen to believe that whatever the limitations of Warnockball, it's our best option at this stage and has a much better chanceof taking us back up than this " sunshine football" which absolutely everyone else tries to play without much success .
    And yet after 6 games, Cardiff are in 13th and Swansea, Leeds and Fulham play “sunshine football” are 1st, 3rd and 6th, so clearly you must be right. 🤨

What I'm talking about is this constant bloody moaning from some people who seem to think that all you've got to do is tell the players to express themselves and they'll start beating Liverpool.
    I haven’t seen anyone mention the players expressing themselves. The debate is about having an end to end plan which starts with the academy and provides a path to the first team, with a consistent playing style and s transfer policy that actually doesn’t resemble a game of Pin The Tail On A Donkey.

QUOTE=RonnieBird;5002859]
    I also disagree about last season. We came very bloody close to pulling it off..[/QUOTE]

But we didn’t, did we and that was down to style of play (Huddersfield home and away, Watford at home etc) and some strange selections (eg that Fulham game). Oh, not to forget the failure to land a striker last summer.

The only reason we came close was because Brighton were so awful.

The style of play is the reason why people are now questioning Glatzel’s effectiveness. He’s not suited to Warnockball. We should have signed a giraffe as our centre forward.
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 04-09-19 at 09:31. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    We should have signed a giraffe as our centre forward.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If we signed a Giraffe, he’d probably be missing the 1st 6 games with a sore throat

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    So, you think Warnockball is the best option based on what? Thought and experience. And, you freely admit you can’t be moved on your opinion of NW.

The “moaners” who want “sunshine football” and think that we can beat Liverpool if we express ourselves....

Do you see how this might amount to

“ You zeros should be grateful for having Warnock”

Like, you say Warnock is untouchable based on nothing and then you say the rest of us are moaners based on some wishy washy stereotype of the modern day football fan seen through the eyes of talk sport and “big sam”.

Fans on here are saying that the recruitment has been questionable yet again. The tactics NW frequently applies are verging on disgraceful. It’s awful to watch and the bottom line is, we are struggling to get results. How can you argue with that?

This is off the back of a PL season that how ever much you say we almost stayed up, we went down... and it wasn’t a last minute of the last game “almost”. We were chasing and hanging on to hope from about February onwards. People will remember the Leicester game but we were so gutless or clueless in a lot of those games as well.......Watford, Everton Fulham, Palace, Newcastle, Bournemouth.

I’m also sick of Neil falling back on this fockin underdogs card all the time as well. I’ve seen the trick season upon season and for the last two it hasn’t worked. It’s also a sly trick because if it works you look like an absolute hero and if you lose you’ve got a ready made excuse.

Bored of it.

There's a lot there.

First, I don't think that results are bordering on disgraceful, but they are disappointing. It's very early days though and, since I see definite signs of the team starting to gel, plus the coming return of Pack and Sol will strengthen the ideal.

I keep saying that we've committed to this style now, so on that basis alone, we must try and make it work. Beyond that, I happen to believe that it's probably our best option, as does the manager, ( who learned it from Ron Atkinson by the way), and I mentioned Sam Allerdyce to demonstrate that it's not actually some wild impractical or untried theory.

If we're going to try some other method of football then it's too late to do it this season. My honest appraisal and opinion is that if we were to try some of the ideas I see expressed here, then the best we'd be able to expect would be around Bristol City standard - a creditable team which always tries to play quality football but can't progress beyond mid table championship.
    The reason why I try to dissuade people from the idea is because I don't want to see them disappointed or the club damaged in the process.

The underdog tactic isn't a bad one either. It's the closest you're going to get in football to the element of surprise.

We know that our current strategy can only get us so far, but let's get to the best place before we start buggering about with the engine.

I think people will change their minds on all this if and when the tide turns during the season and then all this negativity will be forgotten, but in the mean time it's a very destructive and pointless detraction from the efforts in hand.

If the season fails once there have been enough games to say that , then I expect we'll try something else but I don't share your confidence that things will improve in that way

Accuse most people on here of being w multi they ignore it and move on, not get blisters from typing so much defensive shite.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    First "math" and now "getgo", not only does he waffle on endlessly, he does it with an American accent

Is that some kind of hate crime now then ?

Go figure🤪

I keep saying that we've committed to this style now, so on that basis alone, we must try and make it work. Beyond that, I happen to believe that it's probably our best option, as does the manager, ( who learned it from Ron Atkinson by the way), and I mentioned Sam Allerdyce to demonstrate that it's not actually some wild impractical or untried theory.
    Wow - so we’re playing the way Ron “The Master” Atkinson taught his apprentice Sir Neil.
    Can you remind me of when he retired to then go on and make racist comments on TV?

If we're going to try some other method of football then it's too late to do it this season. My honest appraisal and opinion is that if we were to try some of the ideas I see expressed here, then the best we'd be able to expect would be around Bristol City standard - a creditable team which always tries to play quality football but can't progress beyond mid table championship.
    Is that the same Bristol City who are 5th in the table after 6 games and play more entertaining football?

The underdog tactic isn't a bad one either. It's the closest you're going to get in football to the element of surprise.
    Do you honestly think anyone’s surprised when Sir Neil plays the plucky little Cardiff City card with his references to his team giving it a go despite not really being that good?

Ron Atkinson talking about his mate Neil Warnock;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGo5XM_QJU

Yeah, it's all very old fashioned but I take the view that if it works it works. You obviously disagree and that's okay.

After 6 games ! Do you think Bristol City will be 5 th at the end of the season ?

I don't know how effective it is to try and disarm the opposition, but it certainly can't do any harm.

Nah, it just means you're a prat.

Ron Atkinson talking about his mate Neil Warnock;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGo5XM_QJU

So what ? It's not even about Niel Warnock, it about standing in a bucket of water, but whether or not they liked each other, he still taught him his trade and he's certainly the originator of Route One with wingers.

Nah, it just means you're a prat.

How unfortunate that you need to resort to that sort of comment.
    Do you run that blog because you know or care about football, or is it just an opportunity to get back at the world ?

Yeah, it's all very old fashioned but I take the view that if it works it works. You obviously disagree and that's okay.

After 6 games ! Do you think Bristol City will be 5 th at the end of the season ?

I don't know how effective it is to try and disarm the opposition, but it certainly can't do any harm.
    The point is that after 6 games, we are 13th playing Warnock/AtkinsonBall and many of the teams in the top positions play entertaining, attacking football.
    I know which one I’d prefer to see Cardiff City playing.

The point is that after 6 games, we are 13th playing Warnock/AtkinsonBall and many of the teams in the top positions play entertaining, attacking football.
    I’m not even sure that ALL of the “moaners” are calling for Warnock to go. Personally, I’m ok to have NW football for another season and I can handle low possession, counter attacking , direct football.

I just can’t take the fits and spurts, nick a goal, hold on, lose a goal and lump it forward for the last 10/15 minutes.

As an experiment he should ban everything over head height unless it’s in the last quarter of the opposition’s half.....or maybe a clearence under pressure. I wonder what he’d come up with then? I wonder if the players would begin to feel more comfortable on the ball?

It is totally acceptable for fans to show their displeasure with the performances. It’s healthy and can be as helpful as getting behind the players. Good support can provide edge but good tactics can make a much bigger difference.

How unfortunate that you need to resort to that sort of comment.
    Do you run that blog because you know or care about football, or is it just an opportunity to get back at the world ?
    Yeah he takes his anger at the world out in his charming well written blog each week.

Almost every team in the division will try and play attacking football and many will sack their manager because the fans/board of directors are not happy with their league position.Our fans wouldn't be happy if we tried to play like Real Madrid but were languishing in 17th.The more City climb the table the less people will be upset Warnok ball or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Almost every team in the division will try and play attacking football and many will sack their manager because the fans/board of directors are not happy with their league position.Our fans wouldn't be happy if we tried to play like Real Madrid but were languishing in 17th.The more City climb the table the less people will be upset Warnok ball or not.
    I agree, ultimately it’s the league table that’s important.

The better side of the football we play I could handle if there was a plan for the future as well (although I’d prefer a better style of being honest) but it’s the overall state of things tbh

It’s a shambles

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I’m not even sure that ALL of the “moaners” are calling for Warnock to go. Personally, I’m ok to have NW football for another season and I can handle low possession, counter attacking , direct football.

I just can’t take the fits and spurts, nick a goal, hold on, lose a goal and lump it forward for the last 10/15 minutes.

As an experiment he should ban everything over head height unless it’s in the last quarter of the opposition’s half.....or maybe a clearence under pressure. I wonder what he’d come up with then? I wonder if the players would begin to feel more comfortable on the ball?

It is totally acceptable for fans to show their displeasure with the performances. It’s healthy and can be as helpful as getting behind the players. Good support can provide edge but good tactics can make a much bigger difference.

Yes, well all this proves that it's possible to find some common ground through civilised conversation. We know that we have to TRY to evolve at some point but at least we can agree that we can't change horses at this time.

The over head height thing wouldn't achieve anything except give the ball away all the time - the reason we play over people is because we haven't got the staff to play through them. Still, you put your view quite rationally , and no one can object to that.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post

Absolutely correct, and I think that's exactly what will happen

Absolutely correct, and I think that's exactly what will happen
    Without doubt. Most football fans are fickle or don't really give a shit. For the record, i was critical of Warnocks football during our promotion season, even when we won games. The way i see it is that no team can sustain a challenge playing the eay that we do. There are quite a few who can mix a more creative style with a controlled direct style and i think that is what people are generally asking for. Nobody is asking Warnock to play out and out football, even if we did try something like that then i don't think that we have the fans who would accept a more patient methodical approach that bursts into life in the final third. Could you imagine the groans after the sixth or seventh pass?

What i'm calling for is a bit of imagination and balance out on the pitch. It really does say something when we hang our hopes on a player who in my opinion is finished (Tomlin) that's how starved of a footballer we've been. This debate hinges on extremes way to often. Those who support Warnock will find a way of rubbishing a passing style by referencing Trollope or Fulham which is a ridiculous argument. City fans aren't that difficult to please so when some do start dissenting over our footballing philosophy (or lack of) then i'ts fair to say that there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I agree, ultimately it’s the league table that’s important.

The better side of the football we play I could handle if there was a plan for the future as well (although I’d prefer a better style of being honest) but it’s the overall state of things tbh

It’s a shambles
    The league position is important - but we’re 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Without doubt. Most football fans are fickle or don't really give a shit. For the record, i was critical of Warnocks football during our promotion season, even when we won games. The way i see it is that no team can sustain a challenge playing the eay that we do. There are quite a few who can mix a more creative style with a controlled direct style and i think that is what people are generally asking for. Nobody is asking Warnock to play out and out football, even if we did try something like that then i don't think that we have the fans who would accept a more patient methodical approach that bursts into life in the final third. Could you imagine the groans after the sixth or seventh pass?

What i'm calling for is a bit of imagination and balance out on the pitch. It really does say something when we hang our hopes on a player who in my opinion is finished (Tomlin) that's how starved of a footballer we've been. This debate hinges on extremes way to often. Those who support Warnock will find a way of rubbishing a passing style by referencing Trollope or Fulham which is a ridiculous argument. City fans aren't that difficult to please so when some do start dissenting over our footballing philosophy (or lack of) then i'ts fair to say that there is a problem.

All very fair and well put points.
    I've been Tomlin's biggest doubter, but right now he's doing well and maybe he'll prove us wrong .
    You're right that people wouldn't like the reality of a different style in my opinion, but conversely I think they'll get onside once they see some improved results.
    See, I don't see the system as the problem , but the fact that some of the new players aren't doing it properly yet. However , I can see them catching on and I don't think it'll be long now till things improve.

It's great to see the grown ups here starting to make sensible reasoned arguments on the subject rather than a load of badly brought up yobos swearing at people just because they can.