+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Supporters

Re: Our Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    How very very interesting that you mention bringing RH on in that game ,because that's EXACTLY what was in my mind when I wrote that ! At the time , I though " what the **** is he doing ?".

Thing is though that he made a call on the day and as we know it didn't work, but I expect he has his reasons - maybe Rhys had been on fire in training that week. Maybe Reid was off colour, or the manager was aware a long time before we were of his lack of commitment and duplicitous nature. We won't know till Reid writes his story in the papers one day, but you're quite right that it seemed a strange thing.
    Yet, if it had worked and Rhys had scored a hat trick we'd all be remembering it as an act of genius by the manager.
    When you're in command you have to make calls and sometimes they don't work out, but I honestly think that Sir Neil makes the right call more often than the wrong one, and more often than most managers do.
    Was it really a rational call when the club were staring at relegation?
    If you disagreed with it, then why haven’t you referred to it before?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Talking about this in work today, he definitely is a short term manager, that’s quite obvious from the number of clubs he’s had. By his standards he’ll be due a testimonial with us pretty soon. There is definitely a pattern with Warnock ( or is it Sir Neil, Warwick, Colin?), he comes in, sorts some shite out, does ok for a bit (in our case, he did extremely well, fantastic in fact), gets his feet under the table, gets involved financially (allegedly), things go sour, bit of unrest sets in & off he goes, whether sacked or of his own accord. The pattern isn’t going to change now, he’s too long in the tooth, even though we’re his kind of people (along with about 20 other club’s fans)
    Vast majority of fans at clubs he’s managed before love him mind Steve.

Except Leeds 😂

I remember a few QPR fans saying when we first had Warnock.
    Beware a poster by the name of RONNIEBIRD he's a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Vast majority of fans at clubs he’s managed before love him mind Steve.

Except Leeds ��
    I don’t doubt that Tim but that may be because he jumps ship before the unrest really escalates. When he eventually leaves I do wonder if there’ll be any financial finger pointing, it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest, there’s been a few questionable player deals done in his time here. Everything may turn out to all above board but on the other hand...............

I’d have thought being critical, moaning when you reckon things are going wrong, having a go at poor performances etc is a fair indication that you do care about the club, the Gunman gets slagged out on occasions for pointing out the obvious ( ok, he does enjoy playing up when he’s hooked someone) but, no matter how much he denies it, he does it because he cares, he followed the City for too long just to flick the switch off. We all care in my opinion, it’s just that things piss us off now & again and there’s no better place than a message board to let off steam. The OP must have been horrified when he first picked up a fanzine (if he ever did!!!) and read gritty articles on the club rather than the sanitised, everything’s marvellous dronings of the official programme. Unless he’s taking the piss out of us all he’s completely missing the point of club message boards.
    blwdi bob on

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    One massive fishing exercise or has Ronnie got an attention seeking disorder?
    Who is Ronnie? Over 800 posts in less than 60 days.....hmmmm that’s weird

I don’t doubt that Tim but that may be because he jumps ship before the unrest really escalates. When he eventually leaves I do wonder if there’ll be any financial finger pointing, it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest, there’s been a few questionable player deals done in his time here. Everything may turn out to all above board but on the other hand...............
    On the first one, can’t blame him for that, most managers get sacked at some point. His average tenure is probably not much different to anyone else. He’s just been around longer. The fact he’s so popular wherever he’s been points more to me that he’s done a good job.

As for the signings who knows.
    The signings of the McKay brothers is smelly to me. It’s certainly more a concern than the type of football we play.

I’m also concerned that the club will feel forced into bringing in another manager like Trollope and this time we will miss out on promotion before our parachute money runs out. Then I reckon we’ll be fighting relegation battles and back to square 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    On the first one, can’t blame him for that, most managers get sacked at some point. His average tenure is probably not much different to anyone else. He’s just been around longer. The fact he’s so popular wherever he’s been points more to me that he’s done a good job.

As for the signings who knows.
    The signings of the McKay brothers is smelly to me. It’s certainly more a concern than the type of football we play.

I’m also concerned that the club will feel forced into bringing in another manager like Trollope and this time we will miss out on promotion before our parachute money runs out. Then I reckon we’ll be fighting relegation battles and back to square 1
    Who is going to 'Force' the club to select a certain kind of manager? Trollope wasn't brought in, he was promoted from within, and i'd bet he was pretty cheap, just like Slade. I don't know why you refer to Trollope so often as if he's the archetypal pass the ball about 100 times kind of manager, he was a cheap option employed by the club, the fans weren't calling for him to be manager and neither were they calling for an out and out fooball guru, Trollope didn't try and implement a total footballing style while he was at the helm, far from it. I think we can blame the club for that appointment. I understand that you like Warnock and how he plays and that' fair enough, i don't and i'm looking forward to the day when we appoint someone else who isn't remotely like him as a person and a football manager, although my greatest concern is the people who are responsible for chosing our new manager, although Warnock seems to think he's allowed some input-Very strange, he's just an emplyee who's leaving at the end of the season.

Yeah it's a young team mainly in the fact that it's newly formed , but some of the players are quite inexperienced and in any case I think we have different ideas of what young means. I don't see a 24 year old as someone who's yet got his full set of skills generally .

The average age of our squad is 28, we only have 3 first teamers 24 or below, that is not a young team

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

The average age of our squad is 28, we only have 3 first teamers 24 or below, that is not a young team
    Our young player of the year is 24

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    No not ALL message boards; that would take up too much of my time Philip

Surely it'd be worth you getting some software to check through various countries if it's an important hobby to you. Have you thought of writing to DARPA or the Nsa to ask them to help you out in your quest. I've worked out where you get Phillip from , by the way.

Where's your manservant getting the idea of red trousers from though ?

Surely it'd be worth you getting some software to check through various countries if it's an important hobby to you. Have you thought of writing to DARPA or the Nsa to ask them to help you out in your quest. I've worked out where you get Phillip from , by the way.

Where's your manservant getting the idea of red trousers from though ?
    Oh if only I could afford a manservant; however, I'd far prefer a maidservant of course. French preferably ooh la la.

Perhaps, and actually if you read what I've written rather than the outraged reactions, I hope you'd find that my talking points are perfectly well thought out and politely expressed.
    By the way, this thread generally , not what you said there, is an example of how the usual suspects don't address what I've said but instead start trying to gang up and tag team me on a very personal level THEN I get accused of making it about me.
    To be fair, I kind of skim read your posts at best now having actually read every word of about half a dozen of your first posts on this forum. The whole Sir Neil and Churchill stuff has painted you in a somewhat suspect light from where I'm sitting. Even when you DO try to write something a bit more developed, it still seem one sided and boils down to "after all Warnock has done for you zeros" or " It's all misdirection". I can't really get behind any of those arguments anymore, and you aren't the only one pushing these angles.

If you can't concede an inch on Warnock's fallibility, when a lot of the people who have posted negatively about him this season have probably at some point been accepting or even fully supporting of Warnock, it's difficult to take you as seriously as it is other, more balanced, measured points of view.

Have you conceded that the football is dross at any point ? Because it is. Have you considered the fact that NW won't be here in under a year's time and that it's maybe natural to start thinking about the type of guy we think should take over or at what point this process should start? I'm grateful to the man for getting us up and giving us some great moments in the PL but his days are numbered at CCFC.

Last season had a feeling of throw away right from the start, and it appears apart from 4 or 5 games that were a laugh, little else has been achieved. This season is now looking like being a nine month long NW swan song.

I'm not going to (and neither should anyone else IMO) have to swallow crap football for a year because it's NW testimonial season.

As for the stick you receive, you seem to be able to dish out flippancy, so maybe you should expect a bit in return. You came across as a raging , butcher's apron waver. A stomper. No one likes a stomper. And not everyone likes Churchill. In fact, I think the guy is a bit of a bellend. Live with it.

No. See there's no mask. It's in the fertile imagination of people here. I've got one identity here, have only ever had one, and at the point where I'd joined I'd never heard of WB any more than I'd heard of you .
    I don't tell lies and I'd have no reason to. What's written on my profile is selective but absolutely true.

Lardy, I'll take your £500 if you really want me to, but you WOULD lose that, so be careful. Why don't you just email the admin and ask them to check - I happily give my permission . In fact I've pm'd him myself and he said he'd posted something but I can't find it if he did.

I'm not sure whether it matters much really, but you're quite wrong.
    Because the same person can easily have two accounts and admin wouldn't know. One account from a laptop on WiFi, one from a mobile on 4g.

Everyone knows this.

So I'll ask again, what are you going to do to prove it? I can make a suggestion if you'd like.

By the way, this post is a lie. You've indicated many times that you were following the board for a long time before signing up. You know a lot of the history. It's impossible for you not to have come across WB, who is (was before you) by a very long way the most prolific poster here.

No, I've never said I was watching the board before I joined because I wasn't and, given that as I keep telling you, I don't lie, I don't have to check that.
    I knew about the other CCTV forum , but although I'd seen the gateway to this one on google I'd always thought it was the same forum.
    I joined the evening I saw it, and that was the first time I'd read it.

In answer to your question of how the admin would tell, well from the IP theyd be able to get a geographical location and they'd find that it's exactly where I say it is. I might possibly have posted on my iPhone from London or Cambridge once or twice , but nowhere near Wales.
    I mean , I'm assuming that WB is in Wales, but I think he probably is. I'm pretty sure you'd find a few postings by him and me within half an hour of each other.

That's the simple way and it won't cost you a penny - I don't want your money and I don't expect I'd take it really.
    I suppose it's possible that I could be getting someone else to physically post for me in another part of the country, and I'm sure it's technically possible to do it with some sophisticated software , but that's ****ing crackers !

Sorry, I'm only anticipating what bloody daft suggestion you might come out with next !

I don't know , I expect there's some other way to do it. I'm open to suggestions but the plain fact is that you're wrong.

Not even Dorcas thinks I'm WB, and he's so enthusiastic about this kind of bollocks that he combs the Internet to try and cross reference people he suspects of joining more than one message board , which is now some kind of hate crime apparently. He's got a massive index of people he thinks match up and he earnestly thinks I'm Viscount Len Ashurst on the Accrington Stanley site or something.

Much as I take the piss, Dorcas is quite intelligent in fairness , so ask him. Oh and please please please don't start saying I'm Dorcas on the basis of that comment !

No, I've never said I was watching the board before I joined because I wasn't and, given that as I keep telling you, I don't lie, I don't have to check that.
    I knew about the other CCTV forum , but although I'd seen the gateway to this one on google I'd always thought it was the same forum.
    I joined the evening I saw it, and that was the first time I'd read it.

In answer to your question of how the admin would tell, well from the IP theyd be able to get a geographical location and they'd find that it's exactly where I say it is. I might possibly have posted on my iPhone from London or Cambridge once or twice , but nowhere near Wales.
    I mean , I'm assuming that WB is in Wales, but I think he probably is. I'm pretty sure you'd find a few postings by him and me within half an hour of each other.

That's the simple way and it won't cost you a penny - I don't want your money and I don't expect I'd take it really.
    I suppose it's possible that I could be getting someone else to physically post for me in another part of the country, and I'm sure it's technically possible to do it with some sophisticated software , but that's ****ing crackers !

Sorry, I'm only anticipating what bloody daft suggestion you might come out with next !

I don't know , I expect there's some other way to do it. I'm open to suggestions but the plain fact is that you're wrong.

Not even Dorcas thinks I'm WB, and he's so enthusiastic about this kind of bollocks that he combs the Internet to try and cross reference people he suspects of joining more than one message board , which is now some kind of hate crime apparently. He's got a massive index of people he thinks match up and he earnestly thinks I'm Viscount Len Ashurst on the Accrington Stanley site or something.

Much as I take the piss, Dorcas is quite intelligent in fairness , so ask him. Oh and please please please don't start saying I'm Dorcas on the basis of that comment !
    Oh really?

Why don't you just accept that you made a mistake Lardy. I nearly made one myself once, so it can happen to anyone.
    Just make friends and stop the bloody nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    To be fair, I kind of skim read your posts at best now having actually read every word of about half a dozen of your first posts on this forum. The whole Sir Neil and Churchill stuff has painted you in a somewhat suspect light from where I'm sitting. Even when you DO try to write something a bit more developed, it still seem one sided and boils down to "after all Warnock has done for you zeros" or " It's all misdirection". I can't really get behind any of those arguments anymore, and you aren't the only one pushing these angles.

If you can't concede an inch on Warnock's fallibility, when a lot of the people who have posted negatively about him this season have probably at some point been accepting or even fully supporting of Warnock, it's difficult to take you as seriously as it is other, more balanced, measured points of view.

Have you conceded that the football is dross at any point ? Because it is. Have you considered the fact that NW won't be here in under a year's time and that it's maybe natural to start thinking about the type of guy we think should take over or at what point this process should start? I'm grateful to the man for getting us up and giving us some great moments in the PL but his days are numbered at CCFC.

Last season had a feeling of throw away right from the start, and it appears apart from 4 or 5 games that were a laugh, little else has been achieved. This season is now looking like being a nine month long NW swan song.

I'm not going to (and neither should anyone else IMO) have to swallow crap football for a year because it's NW testimonial season.

As for the stick you receive, you seem to be able to dish out flippancy, so maybe you should expect a bit in return. You came across as a raging , butcher's apron waver. A stomper. No one likes a stomper. And not everyone likes Churchill. In fact, I think the guy is a bit of a bellend. Live with it.

I don't mind flippancy , piss taking or disagreement. I welcome it and I can laugh at myself.
    I'm not so keen on moronic insults for the sake of it or constant ****ing ridiculous accusations that I'm some other bloke pretending to be me.

The only thing I'll argue with you about in that post is the bit about "you zeros". I don't think that about anyone and I don't think I've said it about anyone either. I particularly don't think it about Cardiff City fans and - trust me- I've stuck my neck out a few times for people just because they are Cardiff City fans.

I'm more than loyal to the manager , I'm partisan and I'll admit that freely. It's my nature not to turn my coat and yes I'm grateful for what he's done for us. I also happen to believe that whatever the limitations of Warnockball, it's our best option at this stage and has a much better chanceof taking us back up than this " sunshine football" which absolutely everyone else tries to play without much success .
    That's my opinion, and it's based on a bit of experience and thought, but of course you can disagree and you may well be right.

BUT..... What I'm talking about is this constant bloody moaning from some people who seem to think that all you've got to do is tell the players to express themselves and they'll start beating Liverpool. We've set off on a particular course and at this point it'd be better to come together and get behind it than look for faults.

I also disagree about last season. We came very bloody close to pulling it off and although I was devastated when we didn't I hoped that we'd have kept most of the team and run this league ragged from the getgo. That didn't quite happen we know , but despite the lesser quality and too numerous replacements which have caused the glitch , I think it's still possible for them to iron out the problems and create a new steam hammer in time to catch up. It's much too late though to change our style now, and the very best hope we've got is to forget all that for now and get behind those boys who are trying to make it work.

Does anyone read a post over 2 lines in these threads? Seriously. Who the **** has the time and effort to type it all up.

I don't mind flippancy , piss taking or disagreement. I welcome it and I can laugh at myself.
    I'm not so keen on moronic insults for the sake of it or constant ****ing ridiculous accusations that I'm some other bloke pretending to be me.

The only thing I'll argue with you about in that post is the bit about "you zeros". I don't think that about anyone and I don't think I've said it about anyone either. I particularly don't think it about Cardiff City fans and - trust me- I've stuck my neck out a few times for people just because they are Cardiff City fans.

I'm more than loyal to the manager , I'm partisan and I'll admit that freely. It's my nature not to turn my coat and yes I'm grateful for what he's done for us. I also happen to believe that whatever the limitations of Warnockball, it's our best option at this stage and has a much better chanceof taking us back up than this " sunshine football" which absolutely everyone else tries to play without much success .
    That's my opinion, and it's based on a bit of experience and thought, but of course you can disagree and you may well be right.

BUT..... What I'm talking about is this constant bloody moaning from some people who seem to think that all you've got to do is tell the players to express themselves and they'll start beating Liverpool. We've set off on a particular course and at this point it'd be better to come together and get behind it than look for faults.

I also disagree about last season. We came very bloody close to pulling it off and although I was devastated when we didn't I hoped that we'd have kept most of the team and run this league ragged from the getgo. That didn't quite happen we know , but despite the lesser quality and too numerous replacements which have caused the glitch , I think it's still possible for them to iron out the problems and create a new steam hammer in time to catch up. It's much too late though to change our style now, and the very best hope we've got is to forget all that for now and get behind those boys who are trying to make it work.
    First "math" and now "getgo", not only does he waffle on endlessly, he does it with an American accent

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Does anyone read a post over 2 lines in these threads? Seriously. Who the **** has the time and effort to type it all up.
    Good point.

Sometimes a few thoughts can take a few paragraphs to write. Posters like TOBW can make a long read most enjoyable or thought provoking.

But generally, quite 'Well,' said Mr Wonka, stroking his beard and gazing thoughtfully at the ceiling,
    'I must say that's a wee bit tricky. But small boys are extremely springy and elastic.
    They stretch like mad. So what we'll do, we'll put him in a special machine I have for
    testing the stretchiness of chewing-gum! Maybe that will bring him back to what he
    was.'

Cook linguine in lots of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Wipe stock pan, then add rest of olive oil and fry squid and prawns over high heat for 2 minutes. Add strained prawn and tomato stock, then the mussels, chilli flakes and cherry tomatoes.

Flu is very infectious and easily spread to other people. You're more likely to give it to others in the first 5 days. Flu is spread by germs from coughs and sneezes, which can live on hands and surfaces for 24 hours.

The suspension cables must be anchored at each end of the bridge, since any load applied to the bridge is transformed into a tension in these main cables. The main cables continue beyond the pillars to deck-level supports, and further continue to connections with anchors in the ground. The roadway is supported by vertical suspender cables or rods, called hangers. In some circumstances, the towers may sit on a bluff or canyon edge where the road may proceed directly to the main span, otherwise the bridge will usually have two smaller spans, running between either pair of pillars and the highway, which may be supported by suspender cables or may use a truss bridge to make this connection. In the latter case there will be very little arc in the outboard main cables.

“Freud himself took a more extreme position on the origins of collecting. Not surprisingly, he postulated that all collecting stems from unresolved toilet training conflict. Freud took the stance that the loss of bowel control was a traumatic experience, and the product from the bowels was disgusting and frightening to the child. Therefore the collector is trying to gain back control of their bowels as well as their “possessions” which were long flushed down the toilet…” just a load of effing waffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Good point.

Sometimes a few thoughts can take a few paragraphs to write. Posters like TOBW can make a long read most enjoyable or thought provoking.

But generally, quite 'Well,' said Mr Wonka, stroking his beard and gazing thoughtfully at the ceiling,
    'I must say that's a wee bit tricky. But small boys are extremely springy and elastic.
    They stretch like mad. So what we'll do, we'll put him in a special machine I have for
    testing the stretchiness of chewing-gum! Maybe that will bring him back to what he
    was.'

Cook linguine in lots of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Wipe stock pan, then add rest of olive oil and fry squid and prawns over high heat for 2 minutes. Add strained prawn and tomato stock, then the mussels, chilli flakes and cherry tomatoes.

Flu is very infectious and easily spread to other people. You're more likely to give it to others in the first 5 days. Flu is spread by germs from coughs and sneezes, which can live on hands and surfaces for 24 hours.

The suspension cables must be anchored at each end of the bridge, since any load applied to the bridge is transformed into a tension in these main cables. The main cables continue beyond the pillars to deck-level supports, and further continue to connections with anchors in the ground. The roadway is supported by vertical suspender cables or rods, called hangers. In some circumstances, the towers may sit on a bluff or canyon edge where the road may proceed directly to the main span, otherwise the bridge will usually have two smaller spans, running between either pair of pillars and the highway, which may be supported by suspender cables or may use a truss bridge to make this connection. In the latter case there will be very little arc in the outboard main cables.

“Freud himself took a more extreme position on the origins of collecting. Not surprisingly, he postulated that all collecting stems from unresolved toilet training conflict. Freud took the stance that the loss of bowel control was a traumatic experience, and the product from the bowels was disgusting and frightening to the child. Therefore the collector is trying to gain back control of their bowels as well as their “possessions” which were long flushed down the toilet…” just a load of effing waffle.
    I quite enjoyed all that 😁

What I'm talking about is this constant bloody moaning from some people who seem to think that all you've got to do is tell the players to express themselves and they'll start beating Liverpool.
    Therefore, you are talking complete and utter shit, because literally nobody on this message board thinks this current squad of players would beat Liverpool if they were told to express themselves.

The fact is that City aren't even in the same division as Liverpool this season. They are, however, in the same division as Wigan, Reading, Blackburn and Fulham.

It will end up being Kevin Blackwell.
    1. Nominated by Warnock
    2. Low cost
    3. No change of playing style

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    It will end up being Kevin Blackwell.
    1. Nominated by Warnock
    2. Low cost
    3. No change of playing style
    100% and low cost is the key. We'll be light years away from the Premier very shortly.