+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Supporters

Re: Our Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I made a similar post in another thread which he ignored (not that I give a shit... I admonished myself for getting sucked in, as I’m doing again now 😂)

He’s on record (paraphrased) as saying he’s not really interested in football at all... lives near PL grounds and even lived within site of Barcelona’s ground but couldn’t care less about them.... it’s Cardiff City or nothing for him... yet he apparently visits multiple other clubs message boards?

Tedious prick

He says a lot of things that are not true. He once claimed on another forum that he was a qualified UEFA coach who had worked for clubs abroad. Then someone put a photo up of him, and he looked more like the ball than a footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Neil Warnock brought on Rhys Healey vs Fulham, in a must win game and 2 games later, he was sold to MK Dons, while leaving Bobby Reid on the bench. Warnock has enough experience to be criticised and while he has done extremely well for Cardiff City in the main, there are times when I think what on Earth are you doing? It was a gamble and it did not work at all, and he should be questioned why he did it.

Can you honestly say we've bought well under Warnock? His free transfers and bargains have been sensational but the minute the chequebook comes out, they flop. We've spent over 40m in fees under him and we've got a second choice keeper and Josh Murphy out of it. I'm deliberately excluding this season's players as it is too early to judge.

Also, you are aware that these people care about the club as well? People don't whine about what he could/should have done because they're being tossers. Most of the posters on this website desperately want us to succeed.

How very very interesting that you mention bringing RH on in that game ,because that's EXACTLY what was in my mind when I wrote that ! At the time , I though " what the **** is he doing ?".

Thing is though that he made a call on the day and as we know it didn't work, but I expect he has his reasons - maybe Rhys had been on fire in training that week. Maybe Reid was off colour, or the manager was aware a long time before we were of his lack of commitment and duplicitous nature. We won't know till Reid writes his story in the papers one day, but you're quite right that it seemed a strange thing.
    Yet, if it had worked and Rhys had scored a hat trick we'd all be remembering it as an act of genius by the manager.
    When you're in command you have to make calls and sometimes they don't work out, but I honestly think that Sir Neil makes the right call more often than the wrong one, and more often than most managers do.

You're also quite right that some of his buys have been poor, but I can forgive him that - lot of managers have done as badly and not gotten any success at all.

I know, Sir Neil knows, and it seems that even Sam Allerdyce knows that we can't realistically compete with flash monkey football teams, and more importantly that's a trap which the majority of teams fall into but which can't get them anywhere.
    What we're doing is different and might get us back into the premiership by brute force and discipline , at which point maybe we've git to think again, but in any case it's what we ARE doing now and so the best and only thing we can do is to cheer them on and be committed to that strategy.

Yeah, by all means people can mention what they think would be better now and again, but my point is that this can become very counter productive to the collective willpower of the club if it reaches a certain critical mass.

I think your posting there is about the right level in terms of constructive criticism actually , but many seem to go a whole lot further and tend to celebrate mishaps because it somehow vindicates their own previous prophesies of failure. I think the most upsetting thing I saw was the thread predicting massive 5 goal annihilations by Fulham at a point where we were clearly in trouble , then carping and apparent dissapointment when the rout was halted in that game.

We need the support of the crowd if this young team is going to match the old one then surpass them, and although it's hard, that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I have sometimes formed very different opinions to the manager on certain issues, but I've got the plain common sense to understand that he knows more than me on these matters, and the practical realism to know that as long as he's the one in charge and giving the orders, then it's my duty to support whatever decisions he makes.
    You'd have made an ideal Nazi.

Has it occurred to you that 'Sir Neil' has made countless mistakes during his career, which is the main reason he's been sacked so many times and had more clubs than Nick Faldo?

How very very interesting that you mention bringing RH on in that game ,because that's EXACTLY what was in my mind when I wrote that ! At the time , I though " what the **** is he doing ?".

Thing is though that he made a call on the day and as we know it didn't work, but I expect he has his reasons - maybe Rhys had been on fire in training that week. Maybe Reid was off colour, or the manager was aware a long time before we were of his lack of commitment and duplicitous nature. We won't know till Reid writes his story in the papers one day, but you're quite right that it seemed a strange thing.
    Yet, if it had worked and Rhys had scored a hat trick we'd all be remembering it as an act of genius by the manager.
    When you're in command you have to make calls and sometimes they don't work out, but I honestly think that Sir Neil makes the right call more often than the wrong one, and more often than most managers do.

You're also quite right that some of his buys have been poor, but I can forgive him that - lot of managers have done as badly and not gotten any success at all.

I know, Sir Neil knows, and it seems that even Sam Allerdyce knows that we can't realistically compete with flash monkey football teams, and more importantly that's a trap which the majority of teams fall into but which can't get them anywhere.
    What we're doing is different and might get us back into the premiership by brute force and discipline , at which point maybe we've git to think again, but in any case it's what we ARE doing now and so the best and only thing we can do is to cheer them on and be committed to that strategy.

Yeah, by all means people can mention what they think would be better now and again, but my point is that this can become very counter productive to the collective willpower of the club if it reaches a certain critical mass.

I think your posting there is about the right level in terms of constructive criticism actually , but many seem to go a whole lot further and tend to celebrate mishaps because it somehow vindicates their own previous prophesies of failure. I think the most upsetting thing I saw was the thread predicting massive 5 goal annihilations by Fulham at a point where we were clearly in trouble , then carping and apparent dissapointment when the rout was halted in that game.

We need the support of the crowd if this young team is going to match the old one then surpass them, and although it's hard, that can be done.
    "Young team"???????

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If you think that from his football posts just wait until you see his political ones.

I'd always thought we had a knowledgeable and loyal fan base.
    We certainly used to and we certainly have had until recently .

I hope and think we still have, but this message board makes me wonder.

I've never seen a club message board before where people have nothing good to say about the players, manager of the football they play. In fact I don't think I've seen one where there are quite so many with no idea about the game, but that's not so important.

Can it be that a small number of "anti supporters" have gained a stranglehold in this particular place, or is this now the standard position of former supporters ?

People are still going to the games and there seems to be a positive atmosphere there, and people away from this forum still seem to love the club, so what's going on ?

I find it depressing and I certainly can't listen to it much longer, but I wonder, if there's anyone else here who actually likes or loves the club and wants it to succeed , won't they please speak up ?
    Messageboards will always attract the more outspoken supporters

Most who criticise still love the club but many think there is a better way of doing things.

Sometimes they are right, sometimes wrong and often unaware of why the club have done things in a certain way. Sometimes just plain ignorant.

Most just want what they think is best for the club.. even if sometimes that may be total implosion and starting again as a new club 😂

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He says a lot of things that are not true. He once claimed on another forum that he was a qualified UEFA coach who had worked for clubs abroad. Then someone put a photo up of him, and he looked more like the ball than a footballer.
    The idiot in the red trousers?

Is it that ****ing simpleton yeah?

He’d pull his shoulder out trying to open a jar of pickles.

how the **** has barnett got the energy to keep up this facade. he's been doing for for years now

... then it's my duty to support whatever decisions he makes.

That's how discipline and good order works to prevail in adverse circumstances.
    I think that’s what the SS said in Nuremburg.

How very very interesting that you mention bringing RH on in that game ,because that's EXACTLY what was in my mind when I wrote that ! At the time , I though " what the **** is he doing ?"..
    He gets (and takes) more than enough praise when it goes well, so he should take the criticism when he cocks up.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The idiot in the red trousers?

Is it that ****ing simpleton yeah?

He’d pull his shoulder out trying to open a jar of pickles.
    I think the biscuit jar would be more his kind of jar.

Barry Chuckles was red trousers wasn’t he?

I think the biscuit jar would be more his kind of jar.

Barry Chuckles was red trousers wasn’t he?
    It’s all coming back to me.

Jesus wept.

How the **** is that idiot still trampling round the internet.

It’s all coming back to me.

Jesus wept.

How the **** is that idiot still trampling round the internet.
    A poor mans Roathie

I don’t know why people engage with him. If everyone just ignored him he would go away.

A poor mans Roathie

I don’t know why people engage with him. If everyone just ignored him he would go away.
    Not sure why I’ve become so engaged, always got to poke my nose in I’ve always been the same.

Ow I know who it is I’m pissing myself laughing. The bloke that lets his mother dress him trying to terrorise the internet ffs

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Young team"???????

Yeah it's a young team mainly in the fact that it's newly formed , but some of the players are quite inexperienced and in any case I think we have different ideas of what young means. I don't see a 24 year old as someone who's yet got his full set of skills generally .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Has it occurred to you that 'Sir Neil' has made countless mistakes during his career, which is the main reason he's been sacked so many times and had more clubs than Nick Faldo?
    Talking about this in work today, he definitely is a short term manager, that’s quite obvious from the number of clubs he’s had. By his standards he’ll be due a testimonial with us pretty soon. There is definitely a pattern with Warnock ( or is it Sir Neil, Warwick, Colin?), he comes in, sorts some shite out, does ok for a bit (in our case, he did extremely well, fantastic in fact), gets his feet under the table, gets involved financially (allegedly), things go sour, bit of unrest sets in & off he goes, whether sacked or of his own accord. The pattern isn’t going to change now, he’s too long in the tooth, even though we’re his kind of people (along with about 20 other club’s fans)

A poor mans Roathie

I've been accused of being Roathie before, but I'm not him either and I've never read anything he's written. I think it's just a question of there being a clique of mutual back slappers here who can't imagine anyone not joining in and therefore think it's impossible that more than one person could disagree with them.
    There's also this unity of dogma and certainty about a few wonky beliefs which you think anyone who challenges them must be mentally ill or something.

I’ll be honest I’ve never seen “Ronnie” directly called roathie on here. I’ve seen him called WB multiple times of course, but never roathie on this board.

Mask slipping?

I’ll be honest I’ve never seen “Ronnie” directly called roathie on here. I’ve seen him called WB multiple times of course, but never roathie on this board.

Mask slipping?
    This was on Annie's board when he posted under the pseudonym "Sir Jimmy Schoular" (his spelling, not mine). He was loved on that board; is it any surprise?

No. See there's no mask. It's in the fertile imagination of people here. I've got one identity here, have only ever had one, and at the point where I'd joined I'd never heard of WB any more than I'd heard of you .
    I don't tell lies and I'd have no reason to. What's written on my profile is selective but absolutely true.

Lardy, I'll take your £500 if you really want me to, but you WOULD lose that, so be careful. Why don't you just email the admin and ask them to check - I happily give my permission . In fact I've pm'd him myself and he said he'd posted something but I can't find it if he did.

I'm not sure whether it matters much really, but you're quite wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    This was on Annie's board when he posted under the pseudonym "Sir Jimmy Schoular" (his spelling, not mine). He was loved on that board; is it any surprise?
    Ah I see.

Now I know who it is I’ll just laugh to myself every time I see him post, knowing it’s the little idiot in the red trousers.

There's also this unity of dogma and certainty about a few wonky beliefs which you think anyone who challenges them must be mentally ill or something.
    To challenge someone you normally have to provide a well thought out counter argument. You just say that people are wrong because they don’t express themselves the same way you do.

Have you ever thought that the mutual backslapping might actually be a common consensus about the current situation and is actually a sign that things are genuinely a little bit off atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Do you check all message boards trying to detect pseudonyms ? That's kind of scary to be honest , but whatever floats your boat I suppose. Unfortunately I've never had more than one identity on any message board or blog though, so don't expend too many of interpol's valuable recourses on it.
    You'd be far better off looking beyond football stuff if you really feel compelled to track me down , but I really shouldn't encourage you to stalk people .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    To challenge someone you normally have to provide a well thought out counter argument. You just say that people are wrong because they don’t express themselves the same way you do.

Have you ever thought that the mutual backslapping might actually be a common consensus about the current situation and is actually a sign that things are genuinely a little bit off atm?
    Perhaps, and actually if you read what I've written rather than the outraged reactions, I hope you'd find that my talking points are perfectly well thought out and politely expressed.
    By the way, this thread generally , not what you said there, is an example of how the usual suspects don't address what I've said but instead start trying to gang up and tag team me on a very personal level THEN I get accused of making it about me.

Do you check all message boards trying to detect pseudonyms ? That's kind of scary to be honest , but whatever floats your boat I suppose. Unfortunately I've never had more than one identity on any message board or blog though, so don't expend too many of interpol's valuable recourses on it.
    You'd be far better off looking beyond football stuff if you really feel compelled to track me down , but I really shouldn't encourage you to stalk people .
    No not ALL message boards; that would take up too much of my time Philip