+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Our Supporters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Our Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah, it's all very old fashioned but I take the view that if it works it works. You obviously disagree and that's okay.

After 6 games ! Do you think Bristol City will be 5 th at the end of the season ?

I don't know how effective it is to try and disarm the opposition, but it certainly can't do any harm.
    The point is that after 6 games, we are 13th playing Warnock/AtkinsonBall and many of the teams in the top positions play entertaining, attacking football.
    I know which one I’d prefer to see Cardiff City playing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The point is that after 6 games, we are 13th playing Warnock/AtkinsonBall and many of the teams in the top positions play entertaining, attacking football.
    I’m not even sure that ALL of the “moaners” are calling for Warnock to go. Personally, I’m ok to have NW football for another season and I can handle low possession, counter attacking , direct football.

I just can’t take the fits and spurts, nick a goal, hold on, lose a goal and lump it forward for the last 10/15 minutes.

As an experiment he should ban everything over head height unless it’s in the last quarter of the opposition’s half.....or maybe a clearence under pressure. I wonder what he’d come up with then? I wonder if the players would begin to feel more comfortable on the ball?

It is totally acceptable for fans to show their displeasure with the performances. It’s healthy and can be as helpful as getting behind the players. Good support can provide edge but good tactics can make a much bigger difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I’m not even sure that ALL of the “moaners” are calling for Warnock to go. Personally, I’m ok to have NW football for another season and I can handle low possession, counter attacking , direct football.

I just can’t take the fits and spurts, nick a goal, hold on, lose a goal and lump it forward for the last 10/15 minutes.

As an experiment he should ban everything over head height unless it’s in the last quarter of the opposition’s half.....or maybe a clearence under pressure. I wonder what he’d come up with then? I wonder if the players would begin to feel more comfortable on the ball?

It is totally acceptable for fans to show their displeasure with the performances. It’s healthy and can be as helpful as getting behind the players. Good support can provide edge but good tactics can make a much bigger difference.

Yes, well all this proves that it's possible to find some common ground through civilised conversation. We know that we have to TRY to evolve at some point but at least we can agree that we can't change horses at this time.

The over head height thing wouldn't achieve anything except give the ball away all the time - the reason we play over people is because we haven't got the staff to play through them. Still, you put your view quite rationally , and no one can object to that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Almost every team in the division will try and play attacking football and many will sack their manager because the fans/board of directors are not happy with their league position.Our fans wouldn't be happy if we tried to play like Real Madrid but were languishing in 17th.The more City climb the table the less people will be upset Warnok ball or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Almost every team in the division will try and play attacking football and many will sack their manager because the fans/board of directors are not happy with their league position.Our fans wouldn't be happy if we tried to play like Real Madrid but were languishing in 17th.The more City climb the table the less people will be upset Warnok ball or not.

Absolutely correct, and I think that's exactly what will happen

Absolutely correct, and I think that's exactly what will happen
    Without doubt. Most football fans are fickle or don't really give a shit. For the record, i was critical of Warnocks football during our promotion season, even when we won games. The way i see it is that no team can sustain a challenge playing the eay that we do. There are quite a few who can mix a more creative style with a controlled direct style and i think that is what people are generally asking for. Nobody is asking Warnock to play out and out football, even if we did try something like that then i don't think that we have the fans who would accept a more patient methodical approach that bursts into life in the final third. Could you imagine the groans after the sixth or seventh pass?

What i'm calling for is a bit of imagination and balance out on the pitch. It really does say something when we hang our hopes on a player who in my opinion is finished (Tomlin) that's how starved of a footballer we've been. This debate hinges on extremes way to often. Those who support Warnock will find a way of rubbishing a passing style by referencing Trollope or Fulham which is a ridiculous argument. City fans aren't that difficult to please so when some do start dissenting over our footballing philosophy (or lack of) then i'ts fair to say that there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Without doubt. Most football fans are fickle or don't really give a shit. For the record, i was critical of Warnocks football during our promotion season, even when we won games. The way i see it is that no team can sustain a challenge playing the eay that we do. There are quite a few who can mix a more creative style with a controlled direct style and i think that is what people are generally asking for. Nobody is asking Warnock to play out and out football, even if we did try something like that then i don't think that we have the fans who would accept a more patient methodical approach that bursts into life in the final third. Could you imagine the groans after the sixth or seventh pass?

What i'm calling for is a bit of imagination and balance out on the pitch. It really does say something when we hang our hopes on a player who in my opinion is finished (Tomlin) that's how starved of a footballer we've been. This debate hinges on extremes way to often. Those who support Warnock will find a way of rubbishing a passing style by referencing Trollope or Fulham which is a ridiculous argument. City fans aren't that difficult to please so when some do start dissenting over our footballing philosophy (or lack of) then i'ts fair to say that there is a problem.

All very fair and well put points.
    I've been Tomlin's biggest doubter, but right now he's doing well and maybe he'll prove us wrong .
    You're right that people wouldn't like the reality of a different style in my opinion, but conversely I think they'll get onside once they see some improved results.
    See, I don't see the system as the problem , but the fact that some of the new players aren't doing it properly yet. However , I can see them catching on and I don't think it'll be long now till things improve.

It's great to see the grown ups here starting to make sensible reasoned arguments on the subject rather than a load of badly brought up yobos swearing at people just because they can.

How unfortunate that you need to resort to that sort of comment.
    Do you run that blog because you know or care about football, or is it just an opportunity to get back at the world ?
    Yeah he takes his anger at the world out in his charming well written blog each week.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I agree, ultimately it’s the league table that’s important.

The better side of the football we play I could handle if there was a plan for the future as well (although I’d prefer a better style of being honest) but it’s the overall state of things tbh

It’s a shambles

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I agree, ultimately it’s the league table that’s important.

The better side of the football we play I could handle if there was a plan for the future as well (although I’d prefer a better style of being honest) but it’s the overall state of things tbh

It’s a shambles
    The league position is important - but we’re 13th.

There is no need for the fans to call for Warnocks head he has already said he's leaving.
    Why give him carte Blanche to " I might go at Christmas if its not working out"
    Utter bollox from the club to give him parachute payments to spend and let this outcome become a probability.
    The chairman and owner took the easy option because they haven't an ounce of football knowledge between them.

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    oh **** off you stupid shit stirring little c unt

f uck right off son

That's exactly the kind of moronic nonsense I'm talking about. I'm just not going to respond to you in future if you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    gutted. be a shame not to talk to an international football manager from time to time
    International manager? Wow!

That's exactly the kind of moronic nonsense I'm talking about. I'm just not going to respond to you in future if you do that.
    Ronnie. What is the most significant change in football the last ten years? You had this on your license exams. Hint for number one. Football adopted creating unbalance from, what sport? And what is the second? 🤔

Whoa ! I didn't say that. The yobbo bloke said it because I said I wouldn't answer him if he just kept swearing and name calling instead of being rational.