+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chromebook or laptop ?

Re: Chromebook or laptop ?

You can also get keyboards for tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's how Bluetit orders his little blue pills...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What's the advantage of having a keyboard instead of a touch screen ? I may as well by a decent tablet
    Sludge, honestly, if you're the kind of person who finds it easy to type on a tablet all the time I wouldn't be surprised

In all honestly, a good keyboard is the most important thing for me as I do a lot of writing. I'd go to a local curry's and just have a play about on the Chromebooks as they're probably all you'd need. If you've won the lottery recently I wouldn't even recommend the MacBook's as their new keyboard's are dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you not find them awful? Unless you have microscopic fingers they're so frustrating to type on. My sausage fingers can't cope

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Chromebook for me. Once you get into the cloud mode they're brilliant. I use Word and Excel online mostly.
    Exactly the kind of target customer they're for. A chromebook is a sensible purchase for what you're using it for. The problem is, people don't really know just how much Google Chrome takes up out of your RAM capacity. My missus is one of those people who constantly has 20 tabs open at once and moans how slow her computer is when Chrome is taking up 2GB of Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Do you not find them awful? Unless you have microscopic fingers they're so frustrating to type on. My sausage fingers can't cope
    I use mine in what is effectively a docking station : Monitor connected with USB C, keyboard and mouse connected with USB. I do use it standalone as well but for serious use that's my set up and it's perfect. And a fraction of the cost a similar set up with a windows or mac laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Agree, and for most things it's over spec'd anyway. I've never met sludge before but I doubt he's going to be doing video editing. I suspect it's for a bit of internet banking, ccmb and, overwhelmingly, grumble. A Chromebook will be just fine
    I've never met sludge either but it sounds as editing could be called for to add the rectangular black boxes on the faces. Or to add the arrows to point to the better ones.

Chromebook is a good choice if you want what a tablet can do and don't mind/would rather a "proper" keyboard be attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I've never met sludge either but it sounds as editing could be called for to add the rectangular black boxes on the faces. Or to add the arrows to point to the better ones.

Chromebook is a good choice if you want what a tablet can do and don't mind/would rather a "proper" keyboard be attached to it.
    If a tablet, which is the best decent alternative to a chromebook? I wouldn't want to spend more tham £300, less if possible?
    Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    If a tablet, which is the best decent alternative to a chromebook? I wouldn't want to spend more tham £300, less if possible?
    Ta
    What are you using the laptop/tablet for mainly?