+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What bothers me is that Boris is the only one who actually wants to finish this mess and half of those preventing him are not doing it because they dont want no deal but because they want to overturn the referendum.
    All these MP's know what they don't want but no matter how many forced extensions you get none of them can agree on what they do want.
    Eventually the EU will refuse an extension and then we're out anyway.
    It's only a second referendum which will settle this otherwise it'll go on for years and years sucking the lifeblood out of anything else. I'm baffled why Leavers are so afraid to give it back to the people to decide.

Great headline from the Telegraph today. I mean what are they thinking????

. ‘Boris Johnson would rather defy the law than ask for another Brexit delay, he has indicated, as Labour was accused of plunging Britain into a constitutional crisis’

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Great headline from the Telegraph today. I mean what are they thinking????

. ‘Boris Johnson would rather defy the law than ask for another Brexit delay, he has indicated, as Labour was accused of plunging Britain into a constitutional crisis’
    I have to admit Irish I'm enjoying this psychodrama. It's got to be the best soap ever. Anyone know when the sequel will be shown ... "Britain the Gangster State"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I have to admit Irish I'm enjoying this psychodrama. It's got to be the best soap ever. Anyone know when thuel will be shown ... "Britain the Gangster State"?
    Guy Richie is interested in filming it. Jason Statham playing Cummins and Brad Pitt in a fat Suit playing Boris Johnson.

‘You need some minerals Boris Corbyn’s mugging you off’

Some real short sighted stuff if one thinks this is all down to Boris .

The opposition could have stopped him in his tracks a long time ago .

But they are now enjoying the fame and headlines, delays ,phillbustering all in hope it gets them votes.

Ironically they are pissing on a democrat vote and its people.

Shame on them all .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

But they are now enjoying the fame and headlines, delays ,phillbustering all in hope it gets them votes.

Shame on them all .
    Classic lifeonmars

Is it true that the Remain MPs colluded with the EU about a 3 month extension before they introduced the bill to prevent a no-deal Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is it true that the Remain MPs colluded with the EU about a 3 month extension before they introduced the bill to prevent a no-deal Brexit?
    Is that lawful ?

There's been other little chats I bet between Europe and others parties about disruptive behaviours in parliamentary so the can gets kicked down the road to stop Brexit .

So democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Classic lifeonmars
    Thanks , thought it was one of my better attempts, glad you appreciated the content .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Shame on them all .
    Did that democratic vote include a specific and categoric option to leave with NO DEAL?
    If Yes
    What percentage of people voted for NO DEAL in that vote?
    If No
    What percentage of people voted for parties advocating NO DEAL in 2017?
    If Greater than 50% - Then NO DEAL is mandated by the people
    If less than 50% - Then
    What options remain?

1) Leave with NO DEAL.... but there is no mandate. How do we find out how what the British people want?

General Election? But that is fought on other grounds, not just Brexit. Some people, vote for a good MP, some vote for education or crime, not all vote on Brexit. Result - INCONCLUSIVE!

Second referendum? But what is the question?

2) Leave with a deal... but what deal? 17.4 million people voted for many different reasons ranging from complete distrust of the EU, kicking Cameron in the bollocks, remaining in the FTA, having a good deal (easiest in history), xenophobia, and cutting ties altogether.

May was a shit PM. Johnson is going to be the shortest lived PM in history, and the worst (current record holder died in office, wasn't short-lived because he was shit). But none of this would have been possible if Cameron had been a strong PM. For me, the damage Cameron did will last generations, regardless of the outcome of us remaining, leaving, dealing with the EU. May tried her best with a shit hand, I'm starting to appreciate her more as each Johnson-Cummings infested, poker playing, manipulating shitfest takes place. Johnson can kill the UK off, so he has to be stopped. It's that simple.

I'm lucky, I am in the US working and earning. But, if I was doing this job in the UK I'd now be considering emigrating, or staying and stock piling food, money and water because I know a no deal on Oct 31 would mean I'd be out of work by November 30. Hyper inflation on its way to the UK, get your wheelbarrows ready filled with all your decreasing currency. And, you brought it on yourselves because you didn't like people speaking different languages on a 5 minute bus ride.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Did that democratic vote include a specific and categoric option to leave with NO DEAL?
    If Yes
    If No
    If less than 50% - Then
    What options remain?

1) Leave with NO DEAL.... but there is no mandate. How do we find out how what the British people want?

General Election? But that is fought on other grounds, not just Brexit. Some people, vote for a good MP, some vote for education or crime, not all vote on Brexit. Result - INCONCLUSIVE!

2) Leave with a deal... but what deal? 17.4 million people voted for many different reasons ranging from complete distrust of the EU, kicking Cameron in the bollocks, remaining in the FTA, having a good deal (easiest in history), xenophobia, and cutting ties altogether.

May was a shit PM. Johnson is going to be the shortest lived PM in history, and the worst (current record holder died in office, wasn't short-lived because he was shit). But none of this would have been possible if Cameron had been a strong PM. For me, the damage Cameron did will last generations, regardless of the outcome of us remaining, leaving, dealing with the EU. May tried her best with a shit hand, I'm starting to appreciate her more as each Johnson-Cummings infested, poker playing, manipulating shitfest takes place. Johnson can kill the UK off, so he has to be stopped. It's that simple.

I'm lucky, I am in the US working and earning. But, if I was doing this job in the UK I'd now be considering emigrating, or staying and stock piling food, money and water because I know a no deal on Oct 31 would mean I'd be out of work by November 30. Hyper inflation on its way to the UK, get your wheelbarrows ready filled with all your decreasing currency. And, you brought it on yourselves because you didn't like people speaking different languages on a 5 minute bus ride.
    Great post; spot on!

If Yes
    If No
    If less than 50% - Then
    What options remain?

What job do you do if you don't mind saying.

If Yes
    If No
    If less than 50% - Then
    What options remain?

I think your predictions as to the consequences of a no deal Brexit are a little project fearish, but, apart from that, I can find little to argue with in what you say .

"British politics today is what results from the collision of an unstoppable force, an immovable object and a clown car."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...ind-the-words/

America was supposed to crash and burn if Trump ever got elected, but now it's globalist China & Germany who are on the run. It's funny how it all works out when you cut through all the BS, hey? Personally, I'd rather go with the USA & Japan, as they are about to sh*t on the globalist new world order

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What job do you do if you don't mind saying.
    I am a games developer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    America was supposed to crash and burn if Trump ever got elected, but now it's globalist China & Germany who are on the run. It's funny how it all works out when you cut through all the BS, hey? Personally, I'd rather go with the USA & Japan, as they are about to sh*t on the globalist new world order

Question.

The people who predicted America would crash post Trump, were they the same people that predict Britain will crash post Brexit?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think your predictions as to the consequences of a no deal Brexit are a little project fearish, but, apart from that, I can find little to argue with in what you say .
    Project fear, like leaving the EU was going to be messy, like there was a chance there would be no deal.

We need to stop using this language.

Personally, I think things will unravel quickly. You are going to have a cabinet that includes Nigel Farage very soon as the Brexit party will fight Labour in places where people will never think of voting Tory. The Tories will replace moderates like Clarke and Soames (can't believe I am calling Soames a moderate!) with more right wing people. If this cabinet looks right wing, you ain't seen anything yet.

Rees Mogg is shitting his pants, the longer the UK stays in the EU the more likely it is that his sordid and unpatriotic financial affairs are brought out in the open.

Hope the election is in November, and hope Johnson has to go crawling to them for an extension. If he does, Brexit Party will kill off the Tories, and some Labour, and the only feasible option then is for a coalition of Greens/Lib Dems/ Labour minus Corbyn to form a Government of National Unity. At that stage, and with a hung Parliament, the only option is to ask the people a second time - but in a legally binding referendum that stops the sordid financing that ruined the last referendum.

Brexitters know they got lucky the last time. If I was to bet, I'd put a buck on the UK remaining in the EU post a second referendum. That's where I see it going, but I have to say Johnson will probably break the law and the slow wheels of legal affairs will not resolve that particular issue in the 12 days between Oct 19 and Oct 31.

I am a games developer.
    Why will games developers lose their jobs over Brexit?

Banned

A large percentage of the talent in the gaming industry comes from outside the UK. A large percentage of the companies that produce the games are based in the UK. Rockstar for example.

With a no-deal Brexit (which is what we are talking about here), the Government are refusing to protect EU citizens. In that case, many of those EU citizens will head elsewhere. We are already seeing a few coming to the US, they're the clever ones pre-empting the changes. There will be an inevitable brain drain.

Banned

Now, if you don't mind me asking, what is the mandate for a no-deal Brexit in the UK?

Project fear, like leaving the EU was going to be messy, like there was a chance there would be no deal.

We need to stop using this language.

Personally, I think things will unravel quickly. You are going to have a cabinet that includes Nigel Farage very soon as the Brexit party will fight Labour in places where people will never think of voting Tory. The Tories will replace moderates like Clarke and Soames (can't believe I am calling Soames a moderate!) with more right wing people. If this cabinet looks right wing, you ain't seen anything yet.

Rees Mogg is shitting his pants, the longer the UK stays in the EU the more likely it is that his sordid and unpatriotic financial affairs are brought out in the open.

Hope the election is in November, and hope Johnson has to go crawling to them for an extension. If he does, Brexit Party will kill off the Tories, and some Labour, and the only feasible option then is for a coalition of Greens/Lib Dems/ Labour minus Corbyn to form a Government of National Unity. At that stage, and with a hung Parliament, the only option is to ask the people a second time - but in a legally binding referendum that stops the sordid financing that ruined the last referendum.

Brexitters know they got lucky the last time. If I was to bet, I'd put a buck on the UK remaining in the EU post a second referendum. That's where I see it going, but I have to say Johnson will probably break the law and the slow wheels of legal affairs will not resolve that particular issue in the 12 days between Oct 19 and Oct 31.
    If Nigel Farage is in the cabinet that will mean there is a Tory/Brexit Party alliance.

There will not therefore be a Remain alliance government or a second referendum.

If however things go differently and there is a second referendum, making it legally binding could cause a lot of trouble if Remain win.

If Nigel Farage is in the cabinet that will mean there is a Tory/Brexit Party alliance.

There will not therefore be a Remain alliance government or a second referendum.

If however things go differently and there is a second referendum, making it legally binding could cause a lot of trouble if Remain win.
    The second referendum wasn't legally binding so I don't see why the third should be

No, like the claims that almost turned me into a Leave voter - ridiculous things like

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36355564

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ding-into-war/

Neither side covered themselves in glory during the referendum campaign, but the Remain side was complacent and some of their campaigning pathetic.

If there is to be second referendum for heaven's sake set a minimum of 66.6% majority limit. That way no-one can argue that it was a "very close run thing". If this is not achieved then the whole shabang is off and we stick with the status quo. Maybe try again in 10 years time if there is any appetite for a repeat of the fiasco that is!