Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 138

Thread: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

  1. #91

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Good news I think. I'd forgotten there was also a third Northern Ireland case Veg. That province's peculiar situation might provide additional force to the argument.
    Lord knows what's going on with Ireland. On one hand he seems relaxed about throwing Ireland under the bus, on the other the DUP seemed quite relaxed after their meeting with him yesterday.

  2. #92

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Lord knows what's going on with Ireland. On one hand he seems relaxed about throwing Ireland under the bus, on the other the DUP seemed quite relaxed after their meeting with him yesterday.
    He is known for telling people what they want to hear, mind.

  3. #93

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He is known for telling people what they want to hear, mind.
    The Scottish court has just ruled that he lied to the queen. Not sure what happens now

  4. #94

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The Scottish court has just ruled that he lied to the queen. Not sure what happens now
    Off with his head

  5. #95

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He is known for telling people what they want to hear, mind.
    That thought had occurred to me TBH

  6. #96

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The Scottish court has just ruled that he lied to the queen. Not sure what happens now

    Nothing whatever.

  7. #97

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Interestingly ,all these tantrums and shennanigans and the media love in are having the opposite effect to that which is intended since Boris is now 14 points above his nearest rival .

  8. #98

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Interestingly ,all these tantrums and shennanigans and the media love in are having the opposite effect to that which is intended since Boris is now 14 points above his nearest rival .
    Another poll today suggests otherwise. Perhaps these psephologists have suddenly thought of polling outside their local Wetherspoons

  9. #99
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,588

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Lord knows what's going on with Ireland. On one hand he seems relaxed about throwing Ireland under the bus, on the other the DUP seemed quite relaxed after their meeting with him yesterday.
    The signals from Johnson in the past week were that he was looking for a Northern Ireland backstop (and that was reflected in informal comments from Irish politicians, commentators and business representatives after talks with him or government negotiators) and was ready to throw the DUP under the bus if he could more than compensate with pro-deal Labour votes. A border down the Irish Sea and use of a different font and he could bring back Theresa May's deal for the 4th (5th?) time. Today he has ruled that out (in his farcical People's PMQs on Facebook) - so back to seeking unicorns!

  10. #100

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The signals from Johnson in the past week were that he was looking for a Northern Ireland backstop (and that was reflected in informal comments from Irish politicians, commentators and business representatives after talks with him or government negotiators) and was ready to throw the DUP under the bus if he could more than compensate with pro-deal Labour votes. A border down the Irish Sea and use of a different font and he could bring back Theresa May's deal for the 4th (5th?) time. Today he has ruled that out (in his farcical People's PMQs on Facebook) - so back to seeking unicorns!
    Seems to me the strategy is just to use time and the lack of Parliamentary humiliation to regroup and sail through a few weeks of Doldrums in the hope that people will forget Johnson's incapability over the last fortnight. He will try to put Brexit in the background (dog whistling on social media) whilst playing up the spend spend spend end of austerity pitch before the Queen's speech.

    The problem where they are today is at some point they will have to dick some one over. Options seem to be Arlene and the gang or waiting until the last minute to tack right with the ERG and Farage. Either way going to the polls where people think you are untrustworthy by showing you are untrustworthy to previous believers is a high risk strategy.

  11. #101
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,054

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Seems to me the strategy is just to use time and the lack of Parliamentary humiliation to regroup and sail through a few weeks of Doldrums in the hope that people will forget Johnson's incapability over the last fortnight. He will try to put Brexit in the background (dog whistling on social media) whilst playing up the spend spend spend end of austerity pitch before the Queen's speech.

    The problem where they are today is at some point they will have to dick some one over. Options seem to be Arlene and the gang or waiting until the last minute to tack right with the ERG and Farage. Either way going to the polls where people think you are untrustworthy by showing you are untrustworthy to previous believers is a high risk strategy.
    He just has to follow Trump's plan, the work has already been done for him.

  12. #102

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    As WB puts it the strategy is very ready for him to pick it up , laid out by Trump and the Cummings Brexit strategy and result before him .

    Incredibly Boris will be able to say too 17 million people, look the remainers stopped us , so did Corbynds Labour ,and now the establishment in the guise of judges are kicking you down , the Irish, the Scots too , Bercow the dwarf like remaineer , Maybots , even that chap on parliament green with a squeaky voice ,they gate your decesion to leave and are trying to stop you.


    Time to rise up and smash the establishment I can hear him ironically call to the masses .

    What a show ,what a farce, the leavers have it I say ,the leavers have it .

    Boris to win by a landslide.

  13. #103

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As WB puts it the strategy is very ready for him to pick it up , laid out by Trump and the Cummings Brexit strategy and result before him .

    Incredibly Boris will be able to say too 17 million people, look the remainers stopped us , so did Corbynds Labour ,and now the establishment in the guise of judges are kicking you down , the Irish, the Scots too , Bercow the dwarf like remaineer , Maybots , even that chap on parliament green with a squeaky voice ,they gate your decesion to leave and are trying to stop you.


    Time to rise up and smash the establishment I can hear him ironically call to the masses .

    What a show ,what a farce, the leavers have it I say ,the leavers have it .

    Boris to win by a landslide.
    Well You’ll be happy if that happens so why pretend to sound so down?

  14. #104

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As WB puts it the strategy is very ready for him to pick it up , laid out by Trump and the Cummings Brexit strategy and result before him .

    Incredibly Boris will be able to say too 17 million people, look the remainers stopped us , so did Corbynds Labour ,and now the establishment in the guise of judges are kicking you down , the Irish, the Scots too , Bercow the dwarf like remaineer , Maybots , even that chap on parliament green with a squeaky voice ,they gate your decesion to leave and are trying to stop you.


    Time to rise up and smash the establishment I can hear him ironically call to the masses .

    What a show ,what a farce, the leavers have it I say ,the leavers have it .

    Boris to win by a landslide.
    I cannot begin to imagine what you and others would be saying if Jeremy Corbyn was Prime Minister and behaving in exactly the same manner Johnson is. Last weekend, Remain supporters were abused and attacked by Tommy Robinson types who were chanting their support for the Donald Trump wannabe in number 10. I genuinely fear for this country if things keep on going like they have been in the last few weeks - we don't seem to have learned anything from the murder of Jo Cox and if things do turn nasty, Johnson will have to accept his share of the blame.

  15. #105

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I cannot begin to imagine what you and others would be saying if Jeremy Corbyn was Prime Minister and behaving in exactly the same manner Johnson is. Last weekend, Remain supporters were abused and attacked by Tommy Robinson types who were chanting their support for the Donald Trump wannabe in number 10. I genuinely fear for this country if things keep on going like they have been in the last few weeks - we don't seem to have learned anything from the murder of Jo Cox and if things do turn nasty, Johnson will have to accept his share of the blame.
    I’m sure LOM will blame Corbyn or the EU for everything:
    I will look forward to reading his ‘balanced’ posts.

  16. #106

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I’m sure LOM will blame Corbyn or the EU for everything:
    I will look forward to reading his ‘balanced’ posts.
    I dread to think what type of scale he's using

  17. #107

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I cannot begin to imagine what you and others would be saying if Jeremy Corbyn was Prime Minister and behaving in exactly the same manner Johnson is. Last weekend, Remain supporters were abused and attacked by Tommy Robinson types who were chanting their support for the Donald Trump wannabe in number 10. I genuinely fear for this country if things keep on going like they have been in the last few weeks - we don't seem to have learned anything from the murder of Jo Cox and if things do turn nasty, Johnson will have to accept his share of the blame.
    I think the world is a very strange bitter place , but hey there are reasons to be chearful ,as a society we have come a long way .

    I was listening to Chrissie Hynde today on five live , gosh it was like a breath of fresh air listening to her.

    Love her views on Vegans .

    She is right though the world is a far better place than it ever was .

    There is a lot of bitterness ,and cynicism about , mainly nutured by social media and these types of discussion boards altough the same folk do amuse and energise one.

    P.M.A

  18. #108

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Well You’ll be happy if that happens so why pretend to sound so down?
    Never voted , Tory , never will, others have let this loon in , enjoy him .

  19. #109

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I cannot begin to imagine what you and others would be saying if Jeremy Corbyn was Prime Minister and behaving in exactly the same manner Johnson is. Last weekend, Remain supporters were abused and attacked by Tommy Robinson types who were chanting their support for the Donald Trump wannabe in number 10. I genuinely fear for this country if things keep on going like they have been in the last few weeks - we don't seem to have learned anything from the murder of Jo Cox and if things do turn nasty, Johnson will have to accept his share of the blame.


    You make the mistake of linking it to party politics in the minds of everyone just because you do.
    BoJo is a clown but he happens to be doing the work of the good guys so that's all that matters. All politicians are crooks and you'd be daft to trust any of them .
    Your point about Jo Cox is ridiculous by the way.

  20. #110

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    You make the mistake of linking it to party politics in the minds of everyone just because you do.
    BoJo is a clown but he happens to be doing the work of the good guys so that's all that matters. All politicians are crooks and you'd be daft to trust any of them .
    Your point about Jo Cox is ridiculous by the way.
    Your right I wish Jo Cox wasnt used in such arguments it very sad , she was mudrered by a lunatic , however horrible one thinks of the opposition they are not inciting murders,thats the actions of weak out of control minds .

  21. #111

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your right I wish Jo Cox wasnt used in such arguments it very sad , she was mudrered by a lunatic , however horrible one thinks of the opposition they are not inciting murders,thats the actions of weak out of control minds .
    I see you and the self confessed intellectual largely ignore my opening sentence.

    I'm not naive enough to believe that politically motivated violence is a one sided thing, there are plenty of examples of those on the left resorting to it as well. This is one of the consequences of mainstream and established parties heading more towards the political extremes like the Conservative party has gradually been doing over a long period (a process greatly accelerated since Johnson took over) and Labour did when Corbyn was elected leader.

    It would appear to be a fact though that instances of political violence by rogue individuals or groups in countries under the umbrella heading of the west that have resulted in the ultimate violence (murder) are far more likely to have been committed by those who identify with the right - merely dismissing them as "lunatics" or the like just sounds like an excuse made by apologists when the evidence comes down so heavily on one of the sides.

    Jo Cox was killed in an atmosphere where extreme viewpoints were being were almost being portrayed as the norm in the days leading up to the Referendum and now we're off again heading in the same direction, but the big difference is that this time the person supposedly leading the country is at the heart of such thinking - can you ever imagine stories like this

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...tommy-19913789

    appearing under the leadership of any of the other Prime Ministers of the last quarter of a century?

  22. #112

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your right I wish Jo Cox wasnt used in such arguments it very sad , she was mudrered by a lunatic , however horrible one thinks of the opposition they are not inciting murders,thats the actions of weak out of control minds .
    You can't hide from the fact that politicians on the leave side are mostly responsible for the increase in dangerous language and hyperbole. The press plays an equally prominent role in this though, if we just denounce them as a lunatic and move on then we learn nothing.

  23. #113

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You can't hide from the fact that politicians on the leave side are mostly responsible for the increase in dangerous language and hyperbole. The press plays an equally prominent role in this though, if we just denounce them as a lunatic and move on then we learn nothing.
    Yes you are right , I do think though there are dangerous areas though like that we need to steer away for when debating some of this emotional stuff , and different ways to position one's view .

  24. #114

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see you and the self confessed intellectual largely ignore my opening sentence.

    I'm not naive enough to believe that politically motivated violence is a one sided thing, there are plenty of examples of those on the left resorting to it as well. This is one of the consequences of mainstream and established parties heading more towards the political extremes like the Conservative party has gradually been doing over a long period (a process greatly accelerated since Johnson took over) and Labour did when Corbyn was elected leader.

    It would appear to be a fact though that instances of political violence by rogue individuals or groups in countries under the umbrella heading of the west that have resulted in the ultimate violence (murder) are far more likely to have been committed by those who identify with the right - merely dismissing them as "lunatics" or the like just sounds like an excuse made by apologists when the evidence comes down so heavily on one of the sides.

    Jo Cox was killed in an atmosphere where extreme viewpoints were being were almost being portrayed as the norm in the days leading up to the Referendum and now we're off again heading in the same direction, but the big difference is that this time the person supposedly leading the country is at the heart of such thinking - can you ever imagine stories like this

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...tommy-19913789

    appearing under the leadership of any of the other Prime Ministers of the last quarter of a century?


    So what's your answer then ? Ban all political debate, or just ban political opinions which you define as "right" ?
    Let's ignore the millions of people murdered in the name of socialism by Stalin and others for the purpose of this ludicrous intellectual summersault !

  25. #115

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    So what's your answer then ? Ban all political debate, or just ban political opinions which you define as "right" ?
    Let's ignore the millions of people murdered in the name of socialism by Stalin and others for the purpose of this ludicrous intellectual summersault !
    You're on ignore from now on, I can't cope with intellectual replies like that - tara

  26. #116

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You're on ignore from now on, I can't cope with intellectual replies like that - tara
    Oh no ! Im crestfallen , and yet you've answered the question because you want to ban political debate by ignoring it , ( although in fact that's more of a case of sticking your fingers in your ears). I'd do an emoticon , but I can't find one with two fingers.

  27. #117

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Oh no ! Im crestfallen , and yet you've answered the question because you want to ban political debate by ignoring it , ( although in fact that's more of a case of sticking your fingers in your ears). I'd do an emoticon , but I can't find one with two fingers.
    It's the new socialists agenda ,our view ,or now view .

  28. #118
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,588

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's the new socialists agenda ,our view ,or now view .
    I think you might be getting confused about who is shutting down debate and scrutiny in this country. Not socialists - of either the new or old varieties.

    You might also have missed the difference between 'political debate' and trolling.

    I have never put anyone on ignore, but I can sympathise with those who value their sanity and quality of life, and make that choice.

  29. #119

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's the new socialists agenda ,our view ,or now view .
    I actually wonder now if you know what a socialist is! I think you're a crazy mixed up kid and I'd love to try to help you

  30. #120
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,054

    Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think you might be getting confused about who is shutting down debate and scrutiny in this country. Not socialists - of either the new or old varieties.

    You might also have missed the difference between 'political debate' and trolling.

    I have never put anyone on ignore, but I can sympathise with those who value their sanity and quality of life, and make that choice.
    I see one of your comrades just got busted in Canada attempting to pass western intelligence secrets to an enemy nation, possibly Communist China. Let me guess, he's probably a liberal anti-Trump, anti-Brexit kind of guy, who has connections with the Democrats? Well done to Trump and his team for outing these treacherous b@st@rds!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •