+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I think that they have decided that the way to win the next election is to avoid splitting their vote with the Brexit party at all costs.

Using words like surrender and collaborator may play well with radicalised pensioners, but came across (and I admit I'm biased here), as pretty pathetic when spoken in the commons.
    Speaking as a pensioner (not sure if I can be described as radicalised) I agree it is not helpful that Johnson appeared to be at war with the EU last night with the expressions he used, like white flag and surrender. Being of a certain age I can remember the Common Market and the obvious advantages that brought. It was a good scheme. This has now grown into a monster called the EU which is not what we signed up to 40+ years ago. A vast bureaucratic machine which gobbles £ billions and has an army of unelected "representatives" riding along on a long gravy train. If that opinion makes me a radicalised pensioner, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Speaking as a pensioner (not sure if I can be described as radicalised) I agree it is not helpful that Johnson appeared to be at war with the EU last night with the expressions he used, like white flag and surrender. Being of a certain age I can remember the Common Market and the obvious advantages that brought. It was a good scheme. This has now grown into a monster called the EU which is not what we signed up to 40+ years ago. A vast bureaucratic machine which gobbles £ billions and has an army of unelected "representatives" riding along on a long gravy train. If that opinion makes me a radicalised pensioner, so be it.
    Apologies for any offence caused, the comment was aimed at the Tory party membership who seemed to really enjoy Johnson's confrontational style and voted for him in great numbers.

How this approach plays with the electorate in general remains to be seen

I'm not that far away from being a pensioner myself, though it does seem with every passing year that the milestone seems to recede into the distance.

Apologies for any offence caused, the comment was aimed at the Tory party membership who seemed to really enjoy Johnson's confrontational style and voted for him in great numbers.

How this approach plays with the electorate in general remains to be seen

I'm not that far away from being a pensioner myself, though it does seem with every passing year that the milestone seems to recede into the distance.
    No offence taken at all. A radicalised pensioner has a bit of a "cool" ring to it, as they say. Shades of Monty Python's "Hells Grannies" if you are old enough to remember that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ckXn9NirHA

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    No offence taken at all. A radicalised pensioner has a bit of a "cool" ring to it, as they say. Shades of Monty Python's "Hells Grannies" if you are old enough to remember that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ckXn9NirHA
    Alas I am!

Alas I am!
    OK, join the club! Probably very non-PC today but still very funny I think.