Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Your right I wish Jo Cox wasnt used in such arguments it very sad , she was mudrered by a lunatic , however horrible one thinks of the opposition they are not inciting murders,thats the actions of weak out of control minds .
I see you and the self confessed intellectual largely ignore my opening sentence.

I'm not naive enough to believe that politically motivated violence is a one sided thing, there are plenty of examples of those on the left resorting to it as well. This is one of the consequences of mainstream and established parties heading more towards the political extremes like the Conservative party has gradually been doing over a long period (a process greatly accelerated since Johnson took over) and Labour did when Corbyn was elected leader.

It would appear to be a fact though that instances of political violence by rogue individuals or groups in countries under the umbrella heading of the west that have resulted in the ultimate violence (murder) are far more likely to have been committed by those who identify with the right - merely dismissing them as "lunatics" or the like just sounds like an excuse made by apologists when the evidence comes down so heavily on one of the sides.

Jo Cox was killed in an atmosphere where extreme viewpoints were being were almost being portrayed as the norm in the days leading up to the Referendum and now we're off again heading in the same direction, but the big difference is that this time the person supposedly leading the country is at the heart of such thinking - can you ever imagine stories like this

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...tommy-19913789

appearing under the leadership of any of the other Prime Ministers of the last quarter of a century?