+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think it's even better now. It has brought prosperity and some superb protections for workers, consumers and the environment et al.
    Those things would have happened anyway without the UK being a member of the EU.

One good thing I can think of which would not have happened otherwise is the centralised procedure for registration of new medicines, whereby a single registration to the EMEA means that a new medicine can be simultaneously approved in all 28 countries, thus introducing new medicines for the benefit of all EU folk in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Those things would have happened anyway without the UK being a member of the EU.

One good thing I can think of which would not have happened otherwise is the centralised procedure for registration of new medicines, whereby a single registration to the EMEA means that a new medicine can be simultaneously approved in all 28 countries, thus introducing new medicines for the benefit of all EU folk in one go.
    We'll see after brexit, but my guess would be that worker rights will be relaxed under the Tories and no EU. Good for the CEOs.

I doubt they would have happened with a Tory administration in tenure. These issues are anathema to them. If they can rip off workers, consumers and exploit the environment it helps fulfill their aims. I believe if we do leave the EU it won't be long before people start to realise how much worse off we will have become. We don't often appreciate how good things are till they've gone.