Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I see one of your comrades just got busted in Canada attempting to pass western intelligence secrets to an enemy nation, possibly Communist China. Let me guess, he's probably a liberal anti-Trump, anti-Brexit kind of guy, who has connections with the Democrats? Well done to Trump and his team for outing these treacherous b@st@rds!
    Who are my comrades Trump-boy?

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Who are my comrades Trump-boy?
    The least you could do is thank Trump for keeping us all safe from these bad actors, there is nothing worse than an enemy within.

Boris johnson "cries off" from his press conference with the Prime Minister of Luxembourg because of an ongoing anti Brexit protest at the venue.

Here's the Guardian's, impartial, take on what his host had to say in his absence;-

"That was extraordinary. Boris Johnson, the British prime minister, has just been humiliated by the leader of almost the smallest country in the European Union.

We were expecting a joint, open-air press conference but, with a large crowd of anti-Brexit campaigners threatening to drown out Johnson, it was announced that the British PM was not going to take part (presumably because of the demonstration, although that has not officially been confirmed yet). Normally in these circumstances the polite thing to do is to rearrange. But instead Xavier Bettel, the prime minister of Luxembourg, went ahead anyway, effectively “empty chairing” his guest. At one point he even gestured at the space where Johnson was supposed to be.

Then Bettel just let rip. People often wonder what EU leaders say or think about Johnson in private. Well, now we know. The leave campaign was a pack of lies, Johnson’s talk of progress in the Brexit negotiations is unfounded, the UK still has not come up with any ideas about an alternative to the backstop. On and on he went, with particular emphasis on the point that the UK, not the EU, was to blame for the crisis. It was a “nightmare” for EU citizens, said Bettel. At several points he was loudly applauded by the protesters, because they felt he was articulating their anger."

Johnson's absence prompted this tweet from a Daily Telegraph journalist;-

https://twitter.com/MichaelPDeacon/s...00063408545794

Not so much Incredible Hulk but more lamentable Sulk.

It's come to something when even Telegraph journalists take the piss out of Johnson - their 'star columnist'

Bettel's played a blinder!

He didn't take the podium as he was hard at work negotiating a deal and asking for Amazon's and other large corporations that enjoy Luxembourg special tax status to give a little bit more to the poorer folk and countries ( oh so fair to the rest ) good on you little old Luxo and Eire , bet they worry , we might upset that little apple cart ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He didn't take the podium as he was hard at work negotiating a deal and asking for Amazon's and other large corporations that enjoy Luxembourg special tax status to give a little bit more to the poorer folk and countries ( oh so fair to the rest ) good on you little old Luxo and Eire , bet they worry , we might upset that little apple cart ?
    He's never been hard at work in his life.

Were you in the meeting then?
    Perhaps he needs to start looking closer to home in regards tax avoidance/
    I await your response.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Were you in the meeting then?
    Perhaps he needs to start looking closer to home in regards tax avoidance/
    I await your response.
    Absolutely tax the bloody lot I say folk swanning around with two cars , multilpe holidays, high end TV and mobile subscriptions, fiver a pint .

Latest (inside ) news from sources in Luxembourg is the no show was down to Boris and Juncker getting absolutely bladdered.

The Luxembourg PM was sent out to save the day , he missed the souffle and ended up just garnering more leave voters, for the Brexit Election .

International

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Not so much Incredible Hulk but more lamentable Sulk.

He himself said it was because of the protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And The Sun are just confused!

Kendall's fitness is not in question