+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Johnson seeks to prorogue Parliament.

Johnson seeks to prorogue Parliament.

Seems to me the battle lines are being drawn for a who governs Britain, the people or Parliament general election.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...early-election

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49493632

Re: Johnson seeks to prorogue Parliament.

Question I have who is the most toxic to lead or decide Boris or Corbyn.

Other questions:

Who would win an election.

Who is strongest to get the right deal the electorate want.

Which mandate is most appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems to me the battle lines are being drawn for a who governs Britain, the people or Parliament general election.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...early-election

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49493632

Most sensible think I've ever seen you say.

Matt Hancock "Prorouging parliament "goes against everything those men who waded onto those beaches fought and died for".

Amber Rudd: "I think it's outrageous to consider proroguing Parliament. We are not Stuart kings."

I will await their resignations. Oh wait, they're Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Matt Hancock "Prorouging parliament "goes against everything those men who waded onto those beaches fought and died for".

Amber Rudd: "I think it's outrageous to consider proroguing Parliament. We are not Stuart kings."

I will await their resignations. Oh wait, they're Tories.
    When Dominic Rabb was talking about proroguing Parliament he seemed to be talking about closing it down throughout September and October and starting again in November.

Whatever you think of Boris Johnson's latest wheeze he is still giving them sometime to stop a no deal albeit a truncated period.

Hancock and Rudd were I think talking about Rabb's option. That is what they will say anyway.

In any event the Remainers have been aware of the Brexit deadline for months now.

Why didn't they do this before the summer recess?

Or why didn't they try to scrap or truncate the summer recess if they were so concerned?

The Queen has just approved it

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When Dominic Rabb was talking about proroguing Parliament he seemed to be talking about closing it down throughout September and October and starting again in November.

Whatever you think of Boris Johnson's latest wheeze he is still giving them sometime to stop a no deal albeit a truncated period.

Hancock and Rudd were I think talking about Rabb's option. That is what they will say anyway.

In any event the Remainers have been aware of the Brexit deadline for months now.

Why didn't they do this before the summer recess?

Or why didn't they try to scrap or truncate the summer recess if they were so concerned?
    They already had their holidays booked

Super Boris. He'll be up there with Churchill, Nelson, Wellington and Cromwell should he deliver a clean break from the EU mobsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Super Boris. He'll be up there with Churchill, Nelson, Wellington and Cromwell should he deliver a clean break from the EU mobsters.

Cromwell is burning in hell for what he did in Ireland 😱😱🇮🇪😂

[QUOTE=Organ Morgan.;5000717]Super Boris. He'll be up there with Churchill, Nelson, Wellington and Cromwell should he deliver a clean break from the EU mobsters.

Most of those that you quote built their reputations from managing wars and were chronically inept in governing in peace time. The last competent prime minister worthy of the title was Tony Blair. I always found it ironic that he had to fall on his sword because he slavishly followed the whims of a war mongering US President and his advisors like Dick Cheney rather than side with almost all the EU "mobsters" who kept their distance.

Here comes Johnson running after Trump's coat tails as his advisors like Bolton push him towards conflict with Iran and it seems you can't get on the aircraft carrier quick enough. Funny times eh

Boris is used to prorogueing.He went to Eton.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    A 90 year old very privileged granny who probably doesn't give a toss and her family have all their gravy fountains and money trees sorted out.

The Royalty another feckin waste of space!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    She has no option he's her PM, perhaps JC will call and have a chat with her .

He is squeezing peoples balls to force a slightly amended deal and then get it agreed its called brinkmanship, he is in a corner as he said all through his campaign "we leave on the 31st" he lambasted May during that campaign for extended her due date.

At least the can is not being kicked further down the road, gloves are off.

Its a pity the once popular JC ,didn't show more zest during the referendum,
    it might just have made all the difference , and we might have got a yes remain vote.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He is squeezing peoples balls to force a slightly amended deal and then get it agreed its called brinkmanship, he is in a corner as he said all through his campaign "we leave on the 31st" he lambasted May during that campaign for extended her due date.

it might just have made all the difference , and we might have got a yes remain vote.
    Really persuasive...if you hadn't spent the last few years on here saying you used to be a Remain voter but now you want out.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    A 90 year old very privileged granny who probably doesn't give a toss and her family have all their gravy fountains and money trees sorted out.

The Royalty another feckin waste of space!
    It also takes Randy Andy off the front pages for pitching with underage, vulnerable girls in Chez Epstein.

But is the can too hot to handle?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Really persuasive...if you hadn't spent the last few years on here saying you used to be a Remain voter but now you want out.
    I have changed my view so sorry for that , we know a lot more about the mechanism and even if Iwas to vote remain i still think its time to go i wasnt supporting the loon simply pointing to the fact we need an end game and result this us kike a nil nil endless draw something or someone has to do something sitting on a fence hoping for an election maybe someones dream it isnt mine .

Labour have endless chances to close this out and now they have this situationand loon to thank themselves for.

We voted out lets go (yes I voted remain, and previously posted I would vote to leave, if a second chance came around )

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    But is the can too hot to handle?
    God knows its like the great unknown , great reference to the black crowes ,great track ,otis redding written 👍

God knows its like the great unknown , great reference to the black crowes ,great track ,otis redding written ��
    I thought this was more your bag:

I have changed my view so sorry for that , we know a lot more about the mechanism and even if Iwas to vote remain i still think its time to go i wasnt supporting the loon simply pointing to the fact we need an end game and result this us kike a nil nil endless draw something or someone has to do something sitting on a fence hoping for an election maybe someones dream it isnt mine .

Labour have endless chances to close this out and now they have this situationand loon to thank themselves for.

We voted out lets go (yes I voted remain, and previously posted I would vote to leave, if a second chance came around )
    I wasn't decrying your right to change your mind. Rather I was pointing out that your conversion on the road to Damascus has been a regular feature of the countless posts you have made over that time ascribing equal or greater blame for this clusterf*ck to HM Opposition rather than HM Government. The latest two of which appear in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought this was more your bag:

Oh to be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I wasn't decrying your right to change your mind. Rather I was pointing out that your conversion on the road to Damascus has been a regular feature of the countless posts you have made over that time ascribing equal or greater blame for this clusterf*ck to HM Opposition rather than HM Government. The latest two of which appear in this thread.
    I am glad you find me intresting enough to follow my posts ,that has perked up from the Luton game .