+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Wales 2 - 1 Azerbaijan Match Thread

Re: FT: Wales 2 - 1 Azerbaijan Match Thread

That was horrendous, extremely worrying performance going into the final 4 crucial games.

No idea what the game plan was.

Warnock and Giggs should swap jobs let's see who's actually good enough to adjust

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Warnock and Giggs should swap jobs let's see who's actually good enough to adjust
    Both managers made their teams, tactics and formations seem as if they had no idea of what to do.

Awful stuff and we were very lucky to win. It was all so laboured going forward.
    We desperately lacked a focal point up front.
    The stadium was also the quietest pre match that I can recall for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    That was horrendous, extremely worrying performance going into the final 4 crucial games.

No idea what the game plan was.
    I think the plan was to attack down the wings and have players cut inside, but it was all too slow, and we lacked a proper striker. Lawrence wasn't the answer.

As poor as we were I'd also give Azerbaijan credit. They will undoubtedly still lose a lot of games at the moment but their general play seemed a level up on what I have personally seem from them in the past.

I actually thought we would win by a few but given what I saw yesterday and taking into consideration our overall form that was probably unlikely at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Both managers made their teams, tactics and formations seem as if they had no idea of what to do.
    I think Warnock's players know what they're supposed to be doing, but they're not very good at executing it and he doesn't adjust. Giggs's players look like they have no idea what is going on.

I thought their centre back in the number 6 shirt was excellent as was the bald headed guy in the number 20 shirt. Our formation and style of play simply didn’t work.

Slovakia’s drubbing helps us. Croatia will qualify so that result gives us more of a chance of finishing above Slovakia. Whether we can finish above Hungary is another matter. We really need four points from Slovakia away and Croatia at home. That’s a big ask.

Just to add we do though look almost certain to have a play off place available to us. Some posters said I was wrong to suggest that if Denmark qualify for the Euros from their group we get their play off place from the Nations League as we were runners up in that competition. I have checked and that is correct.
    As it currently stands the four teams in Group B involved in the play offs are Wales, Bosnia, Slovakia and Bulgaria or Israel.

Big game on Tuesday night. Hungary at home to Slovakia. I suspect they will win. They still have to play away to Croatia and Wales and at home to Azerbaijan. We have to beat them. Assuming we do and Croatia beat them they would finish us on 15 points. So we need to beat them and Azerbaijan and pick up four points from Slovakia away and Croatia at home. We could do with Slovakia holding them next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Chills just watching that - and I'm not even Welsh